Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: From way up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    No way in Hell Art Briles is around anything. That's definitely a fireable offense on both Selmon and Keenum if they happens.
    Let's just stay away from the Art Briles narrative. Time to pull in the same direction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    I mean, what choice do we have. But if true it's a disappointing hire and not what we had hoped from our new AD. And we had given him a pass on Lemo already.
    Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Sumrall was ahead of Lebby. He killed the interview. The non compete was an issue for him. He may have come back to us...too little too late???
    What does non compete mean

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    I mean, what choice do we have. But if true it's a disappointing hire and not what we had hoped from our new AD. And we had given him a pass on Lemo already.
    This is a major endorsement for Lebby!

vCash
    Sumrall was ahead of Lebby. He killed the interview. The non compete was an issue for him. He may have come back to us...too little too late???
    I know of 2 other coaches who killed the interview: Ricky Ray and Joe Moorhead. Throw Barbay in there too. Thank goodness we didn't hire a coach from the Sunbelt. This is big boy football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    What does non compete mean
    We needed a non compete to keep him from bolting to KY too quickly. Stoops is heavily rumored to get the Iowa job soon when Frentz retires. Sumrall, right now, would be KY top target. We can't have another coach search in a year or two.

vCash
    Hes already been here.
    McCready said he will be in tonight after their game. If he has already been here, and is back tonight, then it is him. Thus, why I said for someone bc to check for an incoming Oklahoma flight

vCash
    Welllllll
    Lol man, Art Briles isn't going to have a designated role in our football program. It's not gonna happen.

Now, he might be an advisor to his son in law, but he won't be seen doing it.

vCash
    According to Steve, if Lebby does get the job, some of the staffers are interested to join Lebby. Of courses, Steve does not have sources. His source is the Oklahoma beat writers who believe Lebby is getting the State job.

vCash
    We needed a non compete to keep him from bolting to KY too quickly. Stoops is heavily rumored to get the Iowa job soon when Frentz retires. Sumrall, right now, would be KY top target. We can't have another coach search in a year or two.
    Oh ok. If you are comfortable, who were/are (maybe) the top targets you heard? Just out of curiosity. Comparing notes haha

vCash
    We dont know how hard we swung at who, or how far Lebby was down on the list. But it is definitely disappointing to me and extremely predictable
    It's soooo predictable. It's the most mittittippi tate thing ever. It's not surprising if true, but disappointing. I'll support the decision once I get over the letdown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Lol man, Art Briles isn't going to have a designated role in our football program. It's not gonna happen.

Now, he might be an advisor to his son in law, but he won't be seen doing it.
    Now you are understanding what I was saying

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg81 View Post
    According to Steve, if Lebby does get the job, some of the staffers are interested to join Lebby. Of courses, Steve does not have sources. His source is the Oklahoma beat writers who believe Lebby is getting the State job.
    Yeah - that is always the case when an OC becomes the HC. A RB coach wants a title upgrade to Co-OC. I'm not thrilled with that idea, but at the end of the day you will have to trust the new HC with assistant coach hires.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    This is a major endorsement for Lebby!
    Maybe stay in your lane, stick to hoops and let the grownups talk.

vCash
    I know of 2 other coaches who killed the interview: Ricky Ray and Joe Moorhead. Throw Barbay in there too. Thank goodness we didn't hire a coach from the Sunbelt. This is big boy football.
    Yeah. Sumrall will be a disaster wherever someone takes a chance on him. I?ll eat my crow if I?m wrong. But when you look into that record and see the actual meat. It?s a house on quick sand. He will win 6-7 games next year and start falling off a cliff. Chip Lindsey?s guys will eventually run out eligibility.

vCash
    Mullen also blew out his interview. I'm just stating what I was told. We were impressed with his interview and more importantly his plan, that he moved to the near top of the list. I was also told that if we could get a deal in place for Elko, that is where I was told we were like to go. Even this morning but a lot of chatter about Lebby picked up...so here we are.

vCash
    But if it does happen, and Briles is seen being involved sign me up. Makes the hire better in my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    It's soooo predictable. It's the most mittittippi tate thing ever. It's not surprising if true, but disappointing. I'll support the decision once I get over the letdown.
    He just scored 62 points on live television. We are going to have an elite offense. And he?s going to hire a good DC with his connections. Imagine Dino Babers will be on staff as AHC/RB or something along those lines for him to lean on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    It's like 7 said. Bet the backup options as a State fan and make money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    He just scored 62 points on live television. We are going to have an elite offense. And he?s going to hire a good DC with his connections. Imagine Dino Babers will be on staff as AHC/RB or something along those lines for him to lean on.
    So hire him as OC. No problem.