Thread: Ditching The Air Raid For This Season

vCash

Ditching The Air Raid For This Season

Was one of the dumbest moves of all time. Listening to Matt on the postgame, he was right-it killed the entire season.

With this personnel, the people saying it was the right move killed this season and wasted the entire season.

Further, you saw last night that we had enough talent on defense to be 7-5 when we are motivated and play with purpose. Kudos to Knox. We'd have been much better with him all year.

vCash
    definitely agree and I am not trying to push air raid or anything. But with an offense coming back that has known one very unique system for 3 years, no matter what that system is....you would think a good OC knows to keep elements of that so the players are comfortable and can play fast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    definitely agree and I am not trying to push air raid or anything. But with an offense coming back that has known one very unique system for 3 years, no matter what that system is....you would think a good OC knows to keep elements of that so the players are comfortable and can play fast.
    Correct. I'm not saying we need to keep the AR going forward. But for this particular year, abandoning it killed the season.

vCash
    Very bad offensive scheme no doubt. Barbay's offensive was like the 4-corner stall in basketball way back when. Terrible indeed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Very bad offensive scheme no doubt. Barbay's offensive was like the 4-corner stall in basketball way back when. Terrible indeed.
    Fair

vCash
    You have to admire the simplicity of the air raid.

With Barbay and Will turning his back to the defense that gave him less time to see the field and being longer developing plays the offensive line couldn't block. Not to mention players running wrong routes this late in the season

So, is a simple offense better or some more complicated like the pro style?

Or did our coaching staff do a horrible job teaching the new offense?

Was Mullen better at teaching his offense to the players?

vCash
    No doubt........Just reconfirms that Arnett was WAY in over his head......They should've atleast put in a simplified air raid for Will for last night.....
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    I agree. I thought we would keep a lot of the AR concepts this year but sprinkle in the new offense as the season went along. I was somewhat excited because the pure AR was bad, but you could see that when we added some running plays and a little misdirection that it had a lot of potential. That's what I was thinking would happen this year. Some AR along with the new offense mixed. What we got was total shit and an OC that couldn't call plays for a elementary school team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Was one of the dumbest moves of all time. Listening to Matt on the postgame, he was right-it killed the entire season.

With this personnel, the people saying it was the right move killed this season and wasted the entire season.

Further, you saw last night that we had enough talent on defense to be 7-5 when we are motivated and play with purpose. Kudos to Knox. We'd have been much better with him all year.
    Yep. That decision was more or less made for him though. Some of our folks got what they asked for. I’m not saying the move didn’t need to be made but a good coach knows how to transition offenses. It was wrong to do this to our athletes who stayed. I wouldn’t blame any of them for leaving.

vCash
    The best thing to happen would be for about 25 players other than the 25 Seniors to transfer out as well. I'm sure there are some D-2 and NAIA programs looking for players. 😂😂😂