Thread: Time for Rod Gibson to be shown the door

vCash

Time for Rod Gibson to be shown the door

vCash
    Huh?

vCash
    Director of football recruiting

vCash
    That will hurt the info flow to one of the MSU message board heroes.
    Last edited by ScottH; 11-24-2023 at 12:26 AM.

vCash
    Damn, Rod catching strays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reunion Dog View Post
    So we lose and you want Sid salter and Rod gone. Weird

vCash
    Damn right I do. U have an issue with either one? I also said Keenum. If you honestly believe RG is doing a good job you are part of the problem. Guessing you liked the geek who worked for Leach and is now a cluster 17 at USC. Move Bump to that job? give him a new car with a damn good expense account and let him hit the road ASAP. NO MORE RETREADS?

vCash
    Well, I don't know the details of who does what in recruiting but... after a full season.... it is plainly obvious we wear the SEC logo but have G5 players.

LSU and Alabama were bigger and faster than us at every position on the field. Ok, it's LSU and Alabama. But then we play Kentucky and OM, both those teams have more play makers and bigger quicker lineman than we do. Last night, there was a few times, we had a hole or caught a ball in space and OMs speed showed and shut down the play quick. It was really depressing to see how much more speed OM had on defense v our offense.

We have to do better recruiting. Otherwise it may not matter who we hire next.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 11-24-2023 at 07:45 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reunion Dog View Post
    Damn right I do. U have an issue with either one? I also said Keenum. If you honestly believe RG is doing a good job you are part of the problem. Guessing you liked the geek who worked for Leach and is now a cluster 17 at USC. Move Bump to that job? give him a new car with a damn good expense account and let him hit the road ASAP. NO MORE RETREADS?
    Yes, I have an issue with it because it's dumb. What on earth does Sid have to do with us being 5-7?

Rod has done a good job. Dudek and Emerick sucked. Rod isn't responsible for this crap show. He wasn't making the calls on recruits the last few years, dudek and crew were.

We tried to tell Bumphis this but he won't have it. He thinks he's a WR coach, although he is as bad as I've ever seen at that spot.

vCash
    You can?t coach up speed. And we are absolutely the slowest team in the SEC. My opinion the new coach needs to Nuke the whole football staff all the way from the water boys to the top. What in the crud is going on in our atheletic dept. of football is not presently working and the employees are taking our money and laughing all the way to the bank.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchdawg View Post
    You can?t coach up speed. And we are absolutely the slowest team in the SEC. My opinion the new coach needs to Nuke the whole football staff all the way from the water boys to the top.
    Agreed.

vCash
    Brad Peterson too. He is not the respected and highly connected guy to MS high school football like some think he is. He?s actually pretty despised. I dont know who keeps telling these non-MS coaches that they have to have BP on staff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaggardDawg View Post
    Brad Peterson too. He is not the respected and highly connected guy to MS high school football like some think he is. He?s actually pretty despised. I dont know who keeps telling these non-MS coaches that they have to have BP on staff.
    Hopefully whoever gets hired finds out that while Arnett was a lot of his own undoing? that Brad Peterson also played a part.

vCash
    1. Rod is ok, but our recruiting budget is around 50th in the NCAA. I am not talking NIL, but the budget we use to evaluate and connect with players and pay staff.
    2. There is a lot of dead weight that works in the MSU Athletic Department. That needs to be corrected.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post

We tried to tell Bumphis this but he won't have it. He thinks he's a WR coach, although he is as bad as I've ever seen at that spot.
    Bumphis coached WRs for Lance Leipold and Kyle Whittingham.