Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It?s Elkos opportunity to accept.. or turn down..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    A star? Lol. The dude can?t recruit and wants to play offense like it?s 1953. He won?t sustain. He?s just beating up less talented teams at Troy.
    So he's just like Dan Mullen is what you're saying? His team is rated 9th out of 14 in talent rankings but he's playing for the championship. And why are some of you hung up on recruiting still? We buy our players now. Gotta build that NIL and just go purchase what you need to fill the gaps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    So he's just like Dan Mullen is what you're saying? His team is rated 9th out of 14 in talent rankings but he's playing for the championship. And why are some of you hung up on recruiting still? We buy our players now. Gotta build that NIL and just go purchase what you need to fill the gaps.
    His oldest players are literally from the 1st overall class and 3rd overall class in the SBC. He?s not 9th lol.

If he?s 9th in talent it?s cause his 3 recruiting classes there have sucked ass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Oh we need to do both recruit high school AND the portal well.

vCash
    Chip Lindsey recruited the 78th and 81st overall classes in 2019 and 2020. That was tops ?20 and 3rd in ?19in the SBC. Since then They have recruited anywhere from 93rd to 130th in the nation under Sumrall.
    2nd 2019, 2nd 2020, 8th in 2021, 11th 2022, 5th in 2023 are Troy's conference ranks the last 5 years.

vCash
    His oldest players are literally from the 1st overall class and 3rd overall class in the SBC. He?s not 9th lol.

If he?s 9th in talent it?s cause his 3 recruiting classes there have sucked ass.
    I read it somewhere on the internet so I know it must be true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    2nd 2019, 2nd 2020, 8th in 2021, 11th 2022, 5th in 2023 are Troy's conference ranks the last 5 years.
    Sumrall took over in 21. So his best players and starters are from 19 and 20. I?m showing them as 1st and 3rd on On3 in those years. Either way my point still stands. He had one of the most talented teams that is heavy upper classmen laden from Chip Lindsey. We shall see next year if he?s worth it. Hopefully we don?t bite. He?s not going to be successful long term. He?s winning off someone else?s players. Congrats to him for that. But he?s a flash in the pan with a terrible offensive philosophy and a bad recruiter.

vCash
    Sumrall took over in 21. So his best players and starters are from 19 and 20. I?m showing them as 1st and 3rd on On3 in those years. Either way my point still stands. He had one of the most talented teams that is heavy upper classmen laden from Chip Lindsey. We shall see next year if he?s worth it. Hopefully we don?t bite. He?s not going to be successful long term. He?s winning off someone else?s players. Congrats to him for that. But he?s a flash in the pan with a terrible offensive philosophy and a bad recruiter.
    Actually 10 of his 22 starters appear to be transfers he brought in

vCash
    Actually 10 of his 22 starters appear to be transfers he brought in
    Okay? And? Congrats on convincing a third stringer at Auburn or Kentucky to come start for you? That?s not hard to do.

vCash
    Okay? And? Congrats on convincing a third stringer at Auburn or Kentucky to come start for you? That?s not hard to do.
    3 transfer starters were P5, the rest CC and lower to equal division as him. You contend he is out talent other teams because of the prior coach's recruiting yet nearly half of the starters are transfers, most from CC and equal or lower division schools. You claim he can't recruit yet he had to recruit all of those transfers. You don't think he can't coach yet he is out coaching the league. You are trying awful hard to convince people that he is not a good coach when he is, even though he is not going to be our next coach, unless something crazy happens.

vCash
    3 transfer starters were P5, the rest CC and lower to equal division as him. You contend he is out talent other teams because of the prior coach's recruiting yet nearly half of the starters are transfers, most from CC and equal or lower division schools. You claim he can't recruit yet he had to recruit all of those transfers. You don't think he can't coach yet he is out coaching the league. You are trying awful hard to convince people that he is not a good coach when he is, even though he is not going to be our next coach, unless something crazy happens.
    Agree to disagree. I have my connections. I know what I?m talking about.

vCash
    Agree to disagree. I have my connections. I know what I?m talking about.
    Yeah, we will disagree. You are not the only person on the board with connections with college and NFL coaches. Don't like his offensive style, that's fine. He is a good coach.

vCash
    Yeah, we will disagree. You are not the only person on the board with connections with college and NFL coaches. Don't like his offensive style, that's fine. He is a good coach.
    He?s fine for that level. His offensive style won?t work in the SEC when he has more talent than the other teams. This ain?t UGA.

vCash
    He?s fine for that level. His offensive style won?t work in the SEC when he has more talent than the other teams. This ain?t UGA.
    Maybe he would hire a different OC with more resources?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Maybe he would hire a different OC with more resources?
    It won?t matter who he hires. His offensive philosophy is to play slow, methodical, ball control football and win TOP. He ain?t hiring someone that doesn?t do that.

vCash
    It won?t matter who he hires. His offensive philosophy is to play slow, methodical, ball control football and win TOP. He ain?t hiring someone that doesn?t do that.
    That's fair. I don't know that much about him honestly. But I do know that he is down the chart of people we would hire- and that might be part of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    That's fair. I don't know that much about him honestly. But I do know that he is down the chart of people we would hire- and that might be part of it.
    I don?t know him personally, but I know people that have a lot of contact with him. He?s done well and will probably be fair at that level. He ain?t a big time coach though.

But I know for a fact he?s a terrible recruiter and hates recruiting. And again as stated above he has an awful offensively philosophy in modern college football. If he claimed in an interview he?d hire someone different. He?s lying just to look better. His staff would basically be Arnett?s staff from this year. Yacht Club 2.0.

vCash
    This thread was high jacked quickly.