my dad had a friend that had ordered a new truck and was selling his jeep. He took me to look at it and I loved it. Green Wrangler, with a winch, maybe a slight lift but nothing obnoxious and some other upgrades. I gave my dad the $1,000 or so I'd saved to help pay for my first vehicle and agreed I'd cover the insurance if he covered the remaining purchase price. It was a done deal; I loved the jeep and the price was right. About a week before the other guy's truck came in he totaled that jeep on his way to work one morning (the guy was pretty scraped up but overall was fine). I was crushed but my dad assured me he had a lead on another deal, and assured me that I'd love it. I went along with it (after all I was in no position to be choosey given my meager contributions to the cause). A day or so later, my dad showed up with a 15 year old, 2WD, single cab, long wheelbase Ford Ranger with a half rotten camper shell on it. It got me where I needed to go but I always parked far away so that nobody saw me driving it.

Hoping everything we've heard so far is smoke and misdirection but, this coaching search feels like that situation all over again.