Long read, sorry. I know I will get blazed for this from most of you old heads, but what you fail to understand are the following points to consider:

1. You keep wanting for your version of MSU FB to be "safe, comfortable, status-quo" and be like it was under Dan Mullen. Get around 6-8 wins a year. Then, maybe every 4 or 5 years, we "hope to build to beat" Arkansas, UK, OM, South Carolina, Mizzou, etc. all in the same season, go to good/decent bowl game and call it a day. You guys are comfortable NEVER moving the win needle against Bama, LSU, Georgia, Auburn Florida, Tennessee, etc. the "traditional" upper tier big boys of the SEC. This would be a comfortable/successful FB program for most of you old heads.

2. Most younger alums like myself are trying to get you old heads to understand this: TRANSFER PORTAL, NIL, HYPER SOCIAL MEDIA like tik tok/IG has changed CFB. I would argue Dan Mullen, Mike Leach (GOD rest his soul) and maybe even Jackie - would not have had the same type success at MSU in the modern era of CFB and the CFB playoffs. None of them (Leach did early on and didn't like it) had to deal with the portal, NIL and the Social Media hype as it is now (tik tok & IG).

3. This is why we need to get a fresh, new approach to MSU football (not Dan Mullen, not Gus Malzhan, not Barry Odom, no re-treads). A new HC who understands and markets MSU to the mdia, espn, sec network, fox sports, etc. Leach & Mullen & Jackie did not have to do this. Arnett and Morehead did some, but failed miserably, they were not charismatic, not good speakers Infront of the camera or podium and not confident and boring.

4. We need a younger HC who is charismatic, interacts w/fans on social media (similar to our women's basketball coach Sam Purcell) offensive-minded, up tempo, scores points in the red zone with head coaching experience, with good connections, good to work with, who can hire the younger, up-and-coming creative OCs & DCs. Does any young OC or DC really want to work for Dan Mullen and his ideas from back in the 2009-2017 days of CFB? I doubt it, those Mullen strategies don't work anymore and those days are OVER! He hated recruiting and now he would hate IG, tik tok, transfer portal and NIL. Mullen would think he doesn't need to plan for the CFB playoffs and 6 wins is enough at MSU.

5. A younger HC who is offensive minded, can score points who can help us be competitive and beat Bama, LSU, Auburn, Georgia, UF & UT. so we can be close or make it to the future CFB playoffs. We have to be one of the top 12 or 15 teams to be considered for the future CFB playoffs. Lane Kiffen has improved tsun to this point of being 10-2 most years, which allow them to be eligible for the future CFB playoffs because they are now one of the top 12 or 15 teams in the nation (hate to admit this but take off your maroon colored glasses, you will realize this).

6. Mullen, Malzhan, Odom or (insert any retread) will not be able to understand the portal & NIL & social media & market MSU & will not aim our program higher toward the CFB playoffs. This is the goal for the younger MSU Alumni, we don't think negatively like you old heads. We want to win and we contribute to the NIL and Bulldog Initiative and we want to AIM HIGH for this hire. Thank GOD Selman has this attitude too...

7. We need our version of Lane Kiffen (I know you old heads hate to read this & I hate to admit it too) or a football version of Sam Purcell. Knows tranfer portal, knows NIL, younger, offensive-minded, can market to the media, can interact with fans on social media and a good speaker infront of the camera/and on TV. SEE SAM PURCELL Twitter, IG & tik tok. Listen to an interview from Sam Purcell. He has experience, talks about portal & NIL, has a young staff and is charismatic & hungry to bring a championship to MSU women's Basketball. Do you really see Mullen, Malzhan, Odom and any re-tread doing these modern things successfully?