Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moneyball Question for Insiders

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by memsu06 View Post
    Mullen was our money ball coach. They found diamonds in the rough and coached them up. Not sure how that translates to the NIL now where it took time to develop players. Now they'll just jump ship if they aren't playing.
    Yep. Mullen was great at convincing non-stars to:
    1st year - redshirt
    2nd year - play special teams and play your position in blowouts
    3rd year - play special teams and be a 2nd stringer
    4th year - be 1st or 2nd string
    5th year - be 1st or 2nd string

Lots of marginal talent helped us win because they developed and matured. This doesn't count stars like Jeffrey Simmons, Chris Jones, etc. who could play early. I'm talking about lightly recruited guys with no NFL future. Guys won't be patient and develop in the NIL era. Even the marginal players want to play early or they will head off to Southern Miss.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    I would actually love to see this I. Action. Like take a 1A or 2A high school that's kicked back into the woods and just give this try for a year or two. Would be fun to see if it would work.
    If I hit the lottery then this would be what I waste my money on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Yep. Mullen was great at convincing non-stars to:
    1st year - redshirt
    2nd year - play special teams and play your position in blowouts
    3rd year - play special teams and be a 2nd stringer
    4th year - be 1st or 2nd string
    5th year - be 1st or 2nd string

Lots of marginal talent helped us win because they developed and matured. This doesn't count stars like Jeffrey Simmons, Chris Jones, etc. who could play early. I'm talking about lightly recruited guys with no NFL future. Guys won't be patient and develop in the NIL era. Even the marginal players want to play early or they will head off to Southern Miss.
    The Ncaa will change the portal back to what it was in the near future. It has turned into total chaos.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    If I hit the lottery then this would be what I waste my money on.
    Lol count me in. I just want to see if it works. I can stand on a sled and yell push all day long.
    "False start everybody but the center" referee summarizing Arnett's season performance as a head coach.