Thread: Is Hubbard the 2nd coming of Chris Jackson?

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash

Is Hubbard the 2nd coming of Chris Jackson?

If so, look out!

vCash
    I think he's more Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf

vCash
    If he scores 55 against Ole Miss then he might be?.

vCash
    Hubbard scored 46 points as a 14-year old freshman against 6A Gulfport when MRA beat them. And Gulfport was good team that went 26-6.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Hubbard scored 46 points as a 14-year old freshman against 6A Gulfport when MRA beat them. And Gulfport was good team that went 26-6.
    Dang. 46 points as a freshman is impressive

vCash
    He's really good. He may end up Jackson good. But he's not there yet.

vCash
    More like Darrell Wilson
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    He's really good. He may end up Jackson good. But he's not there yet.
    Agree. Hubbard is a special player. Jackson may be the best college player I've ever seen play.

vCash
    I was in the tad pad in 89 when jackson scored 55 and Glass had 53 in an OT thriller

vCash
    The commentators in the Northwestern game had a take on teams defending Hubbard. They said he's put everyone on notice with his shooting and teams were going to start making him drive so he would be at a height disadvantage.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    and he will then dish the someone flashing to the paint

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    Dang. 46 points as a freshman is impressive
    He’s been shooting and scoring since the day he stepped on a court. And he’s not afraid of big situations. Think about a 14 year old scoring 46 points against a very good 6A public school team loaded with 17 and 18 year olds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    The commentators in the Northwestern game had a take on teams defending Hubbard. They said he's put everyone on notice with his shooting and teams were going to start making him drive so he would be at a height disadvantage.
    The height disadvantage is real. But Hubbard has been the shortest guy on the court his entire life. I’ve noticed that lengthy defenders give him trouble. But he creates separation with his quickness, he uses screens well, and he has a quick release. When he drives he has a good sense of the defenders and their positioning. And he’s not hesitant. He’s a ball player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    and he will then dish the someone flashing to the paint
    I've been pleasantly surprised by his passing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    The height disadvantage is real. But Hubbard has been the shortest guy on the court his entire life. I’ve noticed that lengthy defenders give him trouble. But he creates separation with his quickness, he uses screens well, and he has a quick release. When he drives he has a good sense of the defenders and their positioning. And he’s not hesitant. He’s a ball player.
    I think his height hurts him more on D than O. He can score so many different ways. Purest scorer we have had in a while.

vCash
    Hubbard is very good but Jackson was generational. Hubbard had 29 points today. Jackson AVERAGED 30 his freshman season.
    I hope Hubbard ends up Chris Jackson good and I'm very happy we got him.

vCash
    I can remember Ray White scoring 34 points (if memory serves) in the opening game of the Hump.....Ray, Hooker, Wiley Peck and company.....great times.

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    LC , I?m with you bud agree fired up about Hubbard.

He?ll have a 40 or might this year.

If the Hump gets back to its old self, this year will be WILD.