Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Severe Weather Expected Tomorrow

vCash

Severe Weather Expected Tomorrow

Read all the latest here.

📸 Look at this post on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/share/p/9KY...ibextid=WC7FNe

vCash
    It's funny, really. Can't get rain here, but mother nature will never forget to send tornadoes to MS.

vCash
    My ant piles have been getting bigger this past week. So we will be getting rain this time here on the Coast/ And CC keep posted Mon night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    My ant piles have been getting bigger this past week. So we will be getting rain this time here on the Coast/ And CC keep posted Mon night.
    Yep back in the bullseye again lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yep back in the bullseye again lol.
    Your up to level 3 now. Timing after midnight. Too bad you're out of SVDs area otherwise you could straphang with him.

vCash
    Your up to level 3 now. Timing after midnight. Too bad you're out of SVDs area otherwise you could straphang with him.
    I might have another shameless plug announcement in a week or two that could change that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    I might have another shameless plug announcement in a week or two that could change that.
    So next time you come to the coast for a storm and If I get you that prime parking lot I get to hang with you???

vCash
    So next time you come to the coast for a storm and If I get you that prime parking lot I get to hang with you???
    You better believe it.

vCash
    Weather DOGS, are there really storm alleys? Five years ago I moved close to hwy 22 between Pocahontas (No not Elizabeth Warren!!) and Big Black river. I have seen more “straight line” storms and tornados than I did in almost 60 years between Jackson and Meridian. This area between Hwy 22 and the Big Black River seems to be an alley. Growing up Walnut Grove always seemed to be a magnet and I always thought it had something to do with the Pearl river? Any thoughts??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    Weather DOGS, are there really storm alleys? Five years ago I moved close to hwy 22 between Pocahontas (No not Elizabeth Warren!!) and Big Black river. I have seen more “straight line” storms and tornados than I did in almost 60 years between Jackson and Meridian. This area between Hwy 22 and the Big Black River seems to be an alley. Growing up Walnut Grove always seemed to be a magnet and I always thought it had something to do with the Pearl river? Any thoughts??
    There are officially major alleys like tornado alley and Dixie alley, but there are no official small scale ones like you are mentioning. That said, I'd be lying my butt off if I didn't say it sure seems like certain areas are impacted more than others. Now whether that's just pure coincidence or something to it, I'm not sure. But I will say it's a running inside joke on our chase team when severe weather affects central MS that Smith county will be under at least one tornado warning.

vCash
    There are officially major alleys like tornado alley and Dixie alley, but there are no official small scale ones like you are mentioning. That said, I'd be lying my butt off if I didn't say it sure seems like certain areas are impacted more than others. Now whether that's just pure coincidence or something to it, I'm not sure. But I will say it's a running inside joke on our chase team when severe weather affects central MS that Smith county will be under at least one tornado warning.
    Yazoo County seems to be the Straight of Gibraltar for tornadoes.

vCash
    Got to wondering about localized alleys so I went to the NWS tornado database and pulled all confirmed tornadoes for the last 50 years and it plotted them on the map below.

IMG_2770.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    Stay away from Yazoo City and Seminary areas!

vCash
    Walnut Grove & Tuscola. It?s the Tuscameta swamp

vCash
    Got to wondering about localized alleys so I went to the NWS tornado database and pulled all confirmed tornadoes for the last 50 years and it plotted them on the map below.

IMG_2770.jpg

Thanks SVD

vCash
    SPC is considering an upgrade to a moderate risk. Not guaranteed but it's being kicked around.

vCash
    SPC is considering an upgrade to a moderate risk. Not guaranteed but it's being kicked around.
    Hey SVD, I know you're busy. What's your prognosis for Jones county? Thanks as always! I just watched the facebook live on your North Mississippi Storm chasers page and it was incredibly informative. Appreciate whay y'all do!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Hey SVD, I know you're busy. What's your prognosis for Jones county? Thanks as always! I just watched the facebook live on your North Mississippi Storm chasers page and it was incredibly informative. Appreciate whay y'all do!
    Glad you liked it. Jones county is in the enhanced risk. For now they did not do an upgrade. As far east as you are you may miss the worst of it. I'm expecting that to be primarily in LA and into western portions of central and south MS. I think by the time they get that far east they will hopefully be starting to outrun the best instability and also be more of a linear mess instead of discrete supercells. I hope anyway.

vCash
    Glad you liked it. Jones county is in the enhanced risk. For now they did not do an upgrade. As far east as you are you may miss the worst of it. I'm expecting that to be primarily in LA and into western portions of central and south MS. I think by the time they get that far east they will hopefully be starting to outrun the best instability and also be more of a linear mess instead of discrete supercells. I hope anyway.
    Thank you for the update! Your info is invaluable! Yes I enjoyed that very informative! I think the gentleman's last name was Laubhon(?). It was fun because apparently his son, Leo kept coming in and messing with him, lol. I appreciate that as a father and grandfather. Please pass along thanks to him for a very informative overview and thank you for all you do!

vCash
    78 degrees in Madison now....not good