Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- No Longer The Nasty Bunch Edition

vCash

Sunday Morning QB- No Longer The Nasty Bunch Edition

1. Another glorious day of good weather to watch college football. To celebrate it, it was time to pull out the deer meat gift I was given. Bacon wraps and deer sausage hit the spot for me and my dawgs yesterday along with some onions, red bells, and zucchini grilled in a little olive oil with some worchestershire for taste. A great meal to enjoy on another lucrative day. State, Clemson, NC State, and a few others made me a few pennies.

2. So much for the "we wont beat USM" crowd. A nice 21 point win before today's prep for the Egg Bowl. A good game plan of 45 runs vs 27 passes wearing down the Nasty Bunch so that scoring in the 4th was easy for us. We ran 47 plays in the 1st half and you could see it in their D during the 4th.

3. 2 was back and the offense looked much better. Ran the ball effectively and it paid dividends on a day where the passing game was spotty. 2 was a little erratic at times as you could see the rust. However, the way bigger problem was the amount of drops by the WR's. There were at least 6 drops yesterday and that is just simply inexcusable. The drops were what was keeping the game close thru 3 Q's. 2 played a solid game and the offense did enough to get the job done. Drops and a stupid penalty by one of the OL guys killed drives and kept us from scoring more.

4. We rushed Marks back out there too quick. I get wanting to play and such but you could see he wasnt 100. Seth Davis is a good freshman with the quickness and burst you like to see but I do wonder about his durability. He got beat up a little yesterday on his 11 carries. Pittman with the big run in the 4th vs a tired D

5. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Our 2 main WR's are dumb. Dumb players can make a team look poorly coached when actually you have guys that dont do what they are coached to do. It's become obvious why Tulu didnt start for Leach. 1 is talented but I'm pretty sure he isnt on the President's List either. The WR's are running into each other because they arent doing what they are coached to do. They arent being coached to run into each other. Not to mention they did it on Mesh- which is a play Tulu has run since he got on campus. Blame Bump and Barbay if you want- but after 4 years you would think Tulu would know how to run the play by now.

6. The Nasty Bunch's best player showed how untalented we are at CB- burning both the rookie and a Senior. They had WR's getting behind us all day- fortunately they couldnt hit them. We have the same CB coach as we did last year- running the same defense.....so what's different? The players on the field. Our lack of speed at LB reared it's ugly head when Jett was beat by the RB out of the backfield for their 1st TD. We did play physical tho and that was the key- holding them to only 106 yards on 41 carries. That's good box D.

7. Good job forcing a couple of big turnovers. Bookie's vet move caused the first one. He faked like he was covering the RB and then re-directed to hammer the QB who never saw him coming. Perfectly timed. Jett finally got in a passing lane for his pick and then made the smart move to flip it to Banks. 2 very smart plays by those two guys showing why they are on the field and make plays for us despite their limitations. Before the season when I said having older guys is a good thing- these are examples of what I was talking about. These types of plays. Just hasnt been enough of it.

8. Our Kicker is money. Comes from a Bulldog family too which is great to see. And being a lefty as well, love seeing him succeed.

9. D did a great job on some short yardage situations. Great calls by the DC. I know in the 1st half it was 3rd and 2- we lined up to the short side and then the DL slanted to the field. Just swallowed up Gore. Did things like that multiple times. Just a really good job overall defensively. Good plan. Held them about 125 yards below their average and only gave up 13 offensive points.

10. Ready to make that trip to the game Thursday and have my boys there watching their 1st Egg. We need a miracle to make it happen and pull it off- and a Miracle they shall have there cheering them on.

Hail State
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Even though I give you shite and you've been frustrating this year, I am glad you get to see another EB especially with your boys

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    Even though I give you shite and you've been frustrating this year, I am glad you get to see another EB especially with your boys
    Hear here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    Amen. Prayers were answered.

vCash
    Finally Having a great kicker the year we are terrible everywhere else is the most MSU thing lol

vCash
    I believe in your power to lead us to victory Thursday. Make it happen! Shut these Err Raid disciples up once and for all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    I believe in your power to lead us to victory Thursday. Make it happen! Shut these Err Raid disciples up once and for all.
    AR won the Egg last year. Let?s see what this newer offense can do this time around.

vCash
    Agree on too many passes dropped and dumb receivers. Also agree on all the posters that kept saying “we will not beat USM”. Not one will own up to it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    AR won the Egg last year. Let?s see what this newer offense can do this time around.
    Stop with the AR war.

Running the ball won the egg bowl and a lot of other games last year. Well more realistically a balanced O when Leach decided he needed to run the ball more.

vCash
    Just drop it dude. Air Raid is gone and the Barbay whatever the hell it is also is about to be gone. Let it be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Agree on too many passes dropped and dumb receivers. Also agree on all the posters that kept saying ?we will not beat USM?. Not one will own up to it.
    I never said fully that we would lose. I knew it would be a fight and for majority of the game, it was.

They're a really bad team and had us on the ropes for over half the game. Anyone that thinks we won that game easily is delusional. Without the two massive plays on defense resulting in turnovers and 1 going to the house, much different outcome.

We did look a lot more motivated and excited to play, which was good to see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Stop with the AR war.

Running the ball won the egg bowl and a lot of other games last year. Well more realistically a balanced O when Leach decided he needed to run the ball more.
    Proving you can do more with the AR than just pass.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    Zach Arnett’s defense won the egg bowl last year, saving us from grossly incompetent quarterback play. Not sure what the hell you watched.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Zach Arnett?s defense won the egg bowl last year, saving us from grossly incompetent quarterback play. Not sure what the hell you watched.
    Yeah I remember it that way too. Will played TERRIBLE.

vCash
    We're winning the Egg Bowl and going bowling. Come at me!!*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydawg1 View Post
    We're winning the Egg Bowl and going bowling. Come at me!!*
    You sure you?re not sky high dawg ??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MBDawg601 View Post
    I never said fully that we would lose. I knew it would be a fight and for majority of the game, it was.

They're a really bad team and had us on the ropes for over half the game. Anyone that thinks we won that game easily is delusional. Without the two massive plays on defense resulting in turnovers and 1 going to the house, much different outcome.

We did look a lot more motivated and excited to play, which was good to see.
    lol. We led from the 2nd Q on. They ran a KO back (funny how you left that out but mention our defensive TD) to cut into the lead so we got the ball and went 75 yards in 3 plays. We were never "on the ropes"
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MBDawg601 View Post
    Yeah I remember it that way too. Will played TERRIBLE.
    Yes, and he darn near lost it for us as well. That ad-lib play that he fumbled on at the 2 yard line was stupid, Stupid, STUPID!! All because he wanted to be a hero. All he had to do was hand it off to the RB, we score and have them down by 2 scores with very little time left.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Zach Arnett’s defense won the egg bowl last year, saving us from grossly incompetent quarterback play. Not sure what the hell you watched.
    27/39 239 yds passing, 2 tds, 1 int. Will certainly frigged up trying to run for the td late in the game. And the D did clamp down on OM. Total yds were about the same.

I?m by no means a Will apologist but he still was/is the best option at qb.

vCash
    Air Raid people have already won.