Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Iowa St

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Everybody would. Everybody with any sense at least. Campbell is vegetable lasagna.
    He's a 6-6 coach at ISU and is 10-13 in his last 23 despite being the number 7 recruiter in a 14 team conference.
    That's misleading. This is the first year of 14 teams. They have been 7th out of 10 teams not 14 in recruiting. They have finished 4th or higher in Big 12 standings every year but last season since 2017.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    That's misleading. This is the first year of 14 teams. They have been 7th out of 10 teams not 14 in recruiting. They have finished 4th or higher in Big 12 standings every year but last season since 2017.
    There are 14 teams now. His talent profile is at least 7 if not 6. He is 6-6.

They aren't finishing top 4 this year. Not close. That's after finishing dead last in 2022.
    We could do worse, but he'd have to be way down the list for me. Would much rather have Dan (I know).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Arnett-Barbay-Brock beat Fisch
    Well if you aren't going to be serious....

Upsets happen when you turn it over 5 times.

vCash
    There are 14 teams now. His talent profile is at least 7 if not 6. He is 6-6.

They aren't finishing top 4 this year. Not close. That's after finishing dead last in 2022.
    We could do worse, but he'd have to be way down the list for me. Would much rather have Dan (I know).
    So you disregard the seasons when his talent profile was bottom third of the league in a 10 team league but finished top 4 in standings? Come on man, the only reason he's middle of the pack in talent now, is because the expanded from a lesser league starting this season. He will still have a winning league record. We could do worse but pulling any P5 is going to be difficult
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 11-19-2023 at 08:26 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    So you disregard the seasons when his talent profile was bottom third of the league in a 10 team league but finished top 4 in standings? Come on man, the only reason he's middle of the pack in talent now, is because the expanded from a lesser league starting this season. He will still have a winning league record. We could do worse but pulling any P5 is going to be difficult
    No. I acknowledge he had some good years. He was between the 6-7 recruiter in a 10 team league. But he's fallen off hard and fast. 10-13 in his last 23. Headed for 10-14. He's well down the list in the pecking order imo, but I'm fine with keeping him on the list if we miss on all of the primary targets.

vCash
    No. I acknowledge he had some good years. He was between the 6-7 recruiter in a 10 team league. But he's fallen off hard and fast. 10-13 in his last 23. Headed for 10-14. He's well down the list in the pecking order imo, but I'm fine with keeping him on the list if we miss on all of the primary targets.
    Fact is, we aren't going to pull a p5 coach. I get that. But someone who wouldn't take Campbell is baffling to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Fact is, we aren't going to pull a p5 coach. I get that. But someone who wouldn't take Campbell is baffling to me.
    Yeah doesn't make any sense. The guy can coach.

vCash
    Seems like a special circumstance but everyone forgets we pulled Leach from P5

vCash
    Because he's not exciting and is 10-14 the last two years, 17-20 the last three years, at a job not harder than ours. Not exciting. Not winning. No thanks.

vCash
    Because he's not exciting and is 10-14 the last two years, 17-20 the last three years, at a job not harder than ours. Not exciting. Not winning. No thanks.
    Fine he's at a historically dumpster fire program. He's done well. He's had one bad year, last year. Shit happens. Ask Jackie who went 3-8 and 4-5-2 before our food run from 97-2000. And it might not be harder than ours but it's no worse than equal. You don't have to want him. That's fine. We won't get him anyway. But he's a good coach

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    The fact that you don?t know that Iowa State is a much harder place to win than Mississippi State is the reason your opinion on him is so awful.
    Last edited by Jarius; 11-19-2023 at 07:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    The fact that you have don’t know that Iowa State is a much harder place to win than Mississippi State is the reason your opinion on him is so awful.
    Nobody in college football thinks that. Ask bud Elliot, for example. He was talking about it this week. We're the worst and poorest program with the least resources in what has been the toughest division in college football. Outside of candy, We're the toughest job in what has been the toughest conference in America during campbell's time.

I do agree with Homedawg that the jobs are about equal, and i could listen to a debate that Iowa state is tougher, but nobody in college football thinks Iowa state is a "much harder" place to win than here. Nobody. If our coach goes 17-20 over three years y'all would have pitchforks out.

vCash
    Nobody in college football thinks that. Ask bud Elliot, for example. He was talking about it this week. We're the worst and poorest program with the least resources in what has been the toughest division in college football. Outside of candy, We're the toughest job in what has been the toughest conference in America during campbell's time.

I do agree with Homedawg that the jobs are about equal, and i could listen to a debate that Iowa state is tougher, but nobody in college football thinks Iowa state is a "much harder" place to win than here. Nobody. If our coach goes 17-20 over three years y'all would have pitchforks out.
    Lazy take. That's why I made my post last week about us not being the impossible job that the media perpetuates.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash

Mississippi State football is one of the easiest jobs in the country in 2023 to keep a job with just a semi competent coach. People that say that our job is extremely difficult have to be talking about ability to win the national title, because it isn’t just being able to keep a job. We can pay a top 25 salary in the country and we have some of the most modest expectations in the country, along with being in a state with a lot of talent. Iowa State is complete trash in all things football related for a head coach.
    Last edited by Jarius; 11-19-2023 at 07:10 PM.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Lazy take. That's why I made my post last week about us not being the impossible job that the media perpetuates.
    Our job being anywhere remotely close to the most difficult job in the country is one of the most ridiculous takes in the country. It’s the laziest take in the world about Mississippi State football.