Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Mustard Buzzard game thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Neither of those posts was "defending" your opinion. Change your name to Buckyisadouche
    Yes, they were.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Yes, they were.
    To quote one of your earlier "gems"... Yawn.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    We're going to need OM to bring their C game.
    One of the biggest problems playing a team like om is they have the ability to play crappy for large amounts of time but with Dart and those wr?s can score so fast, and with the DOGS defensive lack of speed or offensive inability to score td's.......not very hopeful, Coach Knox please pull a miracle.
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 11-18-2023 at 05:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    To quote one of your earlier "gems"... Yawn.
    Have a good one. Next time you argue with someone remember you are being a douche

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    One of the biggest problems playing a team like om is they have the ability to play crappy for large amounts of time but with Dart and those wr’s can score so fast, and with the DOGS defensive lack of speed or offensive inability to score td's.......not very hopeful, hope Coach Knox can pull a miracle.
    We need 09 Dan Mullen and Chris Relf to walk through the gates on Thursday night. Otherwise, we are screwed.

vCash
    I still hate this offense with Will at QB. Why we constantly roll him out and play away from his strengths is beyond me.

The defense did what it has done for 3 seasons now. Get punts and great field position all game and then offense looks like crap.

It?s criminal how much Jett, Pick, Crumedy and Bookie are forced to play. Those guys deserve all the NIL money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    We need 09 Dan Mullen and Chris Relf to walk through the gates on Thursday night. Otherwise, we are screwed.
    Our lack of team speed on D vs. their WR's and Judkins with be very hard to watch I'm afraid. Dart can hurt us running or throwing and who do we have that can "spy" him? Add Will also if he plays scared coming back from his injury. Could get ugly fast.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 11-18-2023 at 03:46 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I still hate this offense with Will at QB. Why we constantly roll him out and play away from his strengths is beyond me.

The defense did what it has done for 3 seasons now. Get punts and great field position all game and then offense looks like crap.

It?s criminal how much Jett, Pick, Crumedy and Bookie are forced to play. Those guys deserve all the NIL money.
    That's my biggest gripe with the offense too. Will isn't a QB you roll out. What's the point? Everyone knows he isn't going to keep it. Put Mike in and they know he's most likely going to keep it.

Barbay promised to use the best players and adapt the offense to the players he had. I'm not seeing any of that. Have the TEs really made a difference in our game this year?

Plays take too long to develop and with an offensive line that can't block that doesn't help. This late in the year we still have QBs and receivers not on the same page. Simplify the offense so we can play faster.

To mask our talent deficiencies we need an offense that is fast and gets the ball out quick. That may mean we aren't going to have big explosive plays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by memsu06 View Post
    That's my biggest gripe with the offense too. Will isn't a QB you roll out. What's the point? Everyone knows he isn't going to keep it. Put Mike in and they know he's most likely going to keep it.

Barbay promised to use the best players and adapt the offense to the players he had. I'm not seeing any of that. Have the TEs really made a difference in our game this year?

Plays take too long to develop and with an offensive line that can't block that doesn't help. This late in the year we still have QBs and receivers not on the same page. Simplify the offense so we can play faster.

To mask our talent deficiencies we need an offense that is fast and gets the ball out quick. That may mean we aren't going to have big explosive plays.
    Barbay is gone no matter who is our new HC. He is one of our many in over their heads rookie type coaching hires in this disaster. Like many of of players how many of our assistant coaches would be hired for the same position at any other SEC school. Even worse, was told we gave him and maybe a couple more 2 year contracts. More $ down the drain in this disaster of a year. But hey, we have that tie breaker to stay out of the SEC West cellar over AR. Have proved the coaches & media wrong to date in those pre-season polls.**. Get a real HC and staff ASAP! Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Get a real HC and staff ASAP! Hail State!
    I wonder who is the true leading candidate at this point?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    My completely uneducated and only slightly informed guess is it will come from the group of Willie Fritz, Barry Odom, Tom Herman, or Jeff Lebby.

vCash
    We won!!!! Woot!! I'll take it but I didn't expect it and it sure was ugly!!!!

Been eating Thanksgiving dinner with my family. At least we got to see a win on our thanksgiving day!! Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by memsu06 View Post

A lot of the throws we ask him to make our kind of difficult too. Out patterns to the sideline and we often ask him to roll to his non dominant side.

Our best play was a glance route or a slant to Zavion and lo and behold he took it and got us in position for our second TD.

We also run way too much on first down and more often than not we're behind the sticks. That's why our play calling is so predictable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    A lot of the throws we ask him to make our kind of difficult too. Out patterns to the sideline and we often ask him to roll to his non dominant side.

Our best play was a glance route or a slant to Zavion and lo and behold he took it and got us in position for our second TD.

We also run way too much on first down and more often than not we're behind the sticks. That's why our play calling is so predictable.
    We wanted to wear them down and we did. Our 4th Q drives were easy
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Goede played his best game in Maroon today. His blocks twice on the middle Lb sprung Pittman in both his big runs. I'm sure that is why he was lining up more at H back than true tight end, so that he could come around and lead the back. Unfortunately he got clogged up in the middle several times on similar plays because our guards couldn't block their own shadows.
    Last edited by CaptainObvious; 11-18-2023 at 06:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post

Will can't run this O but TBH most of Wills passes were AR passes today - all short crossing patterns or screen to WR or RB in the flats. You can put labels on it but our air game was AR type plays all day. We didn't throw down the field at all. Difference was we run the ball in this O. We don't run the ball today we lose. Plain and simple.

D played pretty good, gave up a couple plays but total D was good.

Pick and Crumedy playing so much for two reasons - two top backups (freshmen) are hurt and Leach didn't recruit enough DL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    Joe Judge was at the game today.

vCash
    Question is Thursday night.....can the “DOGS” score......and can the defense stop those crossing patterns with om’s receivers and Dart taking off running?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Joe Judge was at the game today.
    He has come to games on bye weeks before.