4 12.90%
  • I'm in for $300/ yearly

0 0%
  • I'm in for $600/ yearly

3 9.68%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alright Guys - Call to Action - Please read from the Owners

vCash
    Times are changing, I get it BUT it was engrained in me that “the name on the front of the jersey means a hell of a lot more than the name on the back.” I have raised my kids the same way. Good luck with your project, but just thinking out loud here, if you have 1000 readers with only 12 votes, maybe that is because they don’t have an option in your poll to select…. Might be the answer to your poll right there.

Banned
    vCash
    I?d def be in, but under one condition. Forget all the perks and give 100 percent of all money given to NIL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    I?d def be in, but under one condition. Forget all the perks and give 100 percent of all money given to NIL.
    I like the idea of check box or whatever to highlight people donating

vCash
    Would it be too difficult to provide tiers of sorts? $5 or $10 gets X, $25 gets X +whatever the next level would include, and so on. Just thinking out loud.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Sir,
    Thank you for your support over the years. But that time is done. The playing field has changed.

If you want to be the zero dollar option. I'm sorry but don't complain about every sack our qb takes, because we missed on a true OT instead of a developmental project.
    Ever time a linebacker misses a tackle or gets blown off the line. Because we again didn't get the better player.

But thanks for being at the games. The university will appreciate that but not the players.
    Scoob he is not going to listen. I, and others, have made that exact point to him multiple times since NIL was introduced. He thinks we can still win with no NIL support.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Times are changing, I get it BUT it was engrained in me that “the name on the front of the jersey means a hell of a lot more than the name on the back.” I have raised my kids the same way. Good luck with your project, but just thinking out loud here, if you have 1000 readers with only 12 votes, maybe that is because they don’t have an option in your poll to select…. Might be the answer to your poll right there.
    Then as I have told you before do not complain when we go 4-8. You have no right any longer. Buying tickets and your bulldog club donation do JACK S*** to help us any longer. Move it all to NIL if you really care about the name on the front of that jersey.

vCash
    Making a $10/month option isn't too much to ask. Give them an "NIL EliteDawg" title under their username to start with. You'd be surprised with how many would sign up for this. And pin a post at the top on how much the monthly dues are given to the NIL each month to encourage more to sign up for the $10/month option.

Merch and other benefits can be added down the road. I think starting small and growing would be the best option here to avoid sticker shock for a forum that's been free for a decade now.

I'm willing to help and support in any way.

vCash
    I would skip the physical trinkets and stuff. Private forum is a good idea. Maybe the recruiting forum is only on the NIL donor board. Even if it is only $10 a month it starts to add up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Then as I have told you before do not complain when we go 4-8. You have no right any longer. Buying tickets and your bulldog club donation do JACK S*** to help us any longer. Move it all to NIL if you really care about the name on the front of that jersey.
    I don?t complain, I have not said anything on any of my posts EVER about a player negatively or about the teams negatively. I leave that up to all of you, who I really do believe enjoy it. Some of you just complain to complain about something.

I am so glad that people feel obligated to tell others what to do with their money. I have been a lifelong State fan and alumni. I will always follow how we are doing but I guess that is the difference between being a fan and a fanatic. These ball games are an excuse for my family to get together and have a good time. That is it, win or lose we are making memories together and my kids have always said that they think of MSU football and baseball as a family event.

So VegasSteve, I appreciate your suggestion and your approval or disapproval of my opinion based solely on how much I give to your favorite sports team, but bud your opinion means about as much to me and my family as the amount of hair on a boar?s ass. Have a great day and Hail State.

vCash
    I don?t complain, I have not said anything on any of my posts EVER about a player negatively or about the teams negatively. I leave that up to all of you, who I really do believe enjoy it. Some of you just complain to complain about something.

I am so glad that people feel obligated to tell others what to do with their money. I have been a lifelong State fan and alumni. I will always follow how we are doing but I guess that is the difference between being a fan and a fanatic. These ball games are an excuse for my family to get together and have a good time. That is it, win or lose we are making memories together and my kids have always said that they think of MSU football and baseball as a family event.

So VegasSteve, I appreciate your suggestion and your approval or disapproval of my opinion based solely on how much I give to your favorite sports team, but bud your opinion means about as much to me and my family as the amount of hair on a boar?s ass. Have a great day and Hail State.
    Ok boomer

vCash
    So are you suggesting users of the board donate through elitedawgs instead of directly to BI? I know both is possible, but I can't do both really as I don't have much money. Right now I go through BI directly.

I honestly don't care about any perks. I just want me and everyone to do what they can to help our football, men's basketball, and baseball teams.

edited: one possible fun thing would be to make vCash be comparable to your donations. Lock it down where it can't be as taken advantage by ridiculous bets and such. Maybe still be able to use it for betting and other things, but you'd have to lock down the freebies.
    Last edited by sleepy dawg; 11-18-2023 at 10:36 AM.

vCash
    Boomer ?? A few decades off there. Goes hand and hand with some of your takes though.

vCash
    Boomer ?? A few decades off there. Goes hand and hand with some of your takes though.
    Yet you have the worst takes consistently because you try to validate your decision to not help the program. No one gives a damn honestly. If you do not want to participate then that is your prerogative. My issue is when you continually try to act superior to everyone because you do not do it so you somehow have to be validated in your decision making. Maybe some people have more money than you and can do it. Maybe some people just want to help our program and be part of the solution instead of adding to the problem. No one has to give their reason for helping or not. It is their decision, some of us just do not have to feel validated and let everyone know how we spend our money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    So are you suggesting users of the board donate through elitedawgs instead of directly to BI? I know both is possible, but I can't do both really as I don't have much money. Right now I go through BI directly.

I honestly don't care about any perks. I just want me and everyone to do what they can to help our football, men's basketball, and baseball teams.

edited: one possible fun thing would be to make vCash be comparable to your donations. Lock it down where it can't be as taken advantage by ridiculous bets and such. Maybe still be able to use it for betting and other things, but you'd have to lock down the freebies.
    I don?t know how it?ll end up but my interpretation is no you don?t do both. You just donate to ED which 100% goes to BI. So it?s really all in the same. The only difference is if you donated x amount of dollars to ED you get a private forum or some other perk here where if you donated that same x amount directly to BI you don?t get the private forum or whatever.

I do $x amount a month a month so would just cancel it directly with BI and do it here instead since it all directly goes to BI anyway

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Yet you have the worst takes consistently because you try to validate your decision to not help the program. No one gives a damn honestly. If you do not want to participate then that is your prerogative. My issue is when you continually try to act superior to everyone because you do not do it so you somehow have to be validated in your decision making. Maybe some people have more money than you and can do it. Maybe some people just want to help our program and be part of the solution instead of adding to the problem. No one has to give their reason for helping or not. It is their decision, some of us just do not have to feel validated and let everyone know how we spend our money.
    Yeah this is pretty spot on. If you don?t wanna play ball then fine, but you don?t need to try to dominate the thread with the most posts about how superior your morality is. So annoying

vCash
    Where have I acted superior? I only reference you because you are telling me to give up my seats (something tangiable) and give that money to the program and then I am out of my seats which mean more to me and my family than having another free agent on the field.

You are the one acting entitled, not me, I choose where and when to give my money, not you. I am surrounded by a bunch of people who feel the same way that I do.

Superiority complex you may have but I frankly could not care less what an anonymous person in an Internet forum thinks of me. If I met you out in public, I would hold the door open for you and tell you have a nice day. I have no resentment towards you or BI. Let it do whatever it does, but when I have someone telling me what to do with my money and traditions I have a problem with that.

Banned
    vCash
    Why are you fighting on this hill on this thread man. Scoob trying to raise donations and you're here trying to stop them?

You're worse than Mr. Pink bitching about tipping.

vCash
    Not fighting just find it interesting the lack of votes. I guess a majority of people don?t see things the same way as others.

If there was a (0) option in poll I think you would get a very accurate gauge of interest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Making a $10/month option isn't too much to ask. Give them an "NIL EliteDawg" title under their username to start with. You'd be surprised with how many would sign up for this. And pin a post at the top on how much the monthly dues are given to the NIL each month to encourage more to sign up for the $10/month option.

Merch and other benefits can be added down the road. I think starting small and growing would be the best option here to avoid sticker shock for a forum that's been free for a decade now.

I'm willing to help and support in any way.
    I think the username flair for NIL will further divide this forum. There's enough ad hominem on this board already. I have to wade through too many narcissists attacking other users already. It will only make it worse when some users have them and some users don't.

The AMAs with players you mention on a separate forum would be a good incentive. All it takes is the player's time and ingratiates them further to the fanbase in the process.

vCash
    Not fighting just find it interesting the lack of votes. I guess a majority of people don?t see things the same way as others.

If there was a (0) option in poll I think you would get a very accurate gauge of interest.
    I don't mind giving and will but I am like others I have given thousands over the years but to think the NIL is the answer to our record is just wrong. its coaching.