I've got so many ramblings and thoughts when it comes to this so-called NIL (which is a ludicrous term) or "buying players" (another misnomer; should be called renting players) that I don't think I can put it together in any kind of coherent or complete rant.

Why would any rational person give to this money pit? Where is the ROI? I keep hearing that some magical number will produce winning a national championship on the field, but no one can tell me what is the exact number? And even if MSU does win a national championship, do I get anything for it? NO (Oh wait, I guess I get to stick my chest out and tell all my friends, "See what I did." Please!). I'm told that I should support these so-called student athletes with my hard-earned dollars because they only want their "piece of the pie". Well, guess what? If they want my hard-earned dollars then I want my piece of the pie too.

Here's a deal that I would consider. If I give to some sort of initiative to rent athletes, then the initiative gets a portion of their future earnings (2%, 5%, 10%, etc.) for a period of time after graduation (5 to 10 years or more, has to be long enough to get past rookie contracts). Think of it as a mutual fund. Then the initiative would either cut me a dividend check every so often or I could choose to re-invest it.

No, that's still a bad investment. Not enough Dak Prescott's in the world. Well screw it then. Let the colleges put them on the payroll as employees (Wait, does that make them State employees? #$%^, I get screwed again). After all they are the ones supposedly getting the big pay day!!!

I told you my rant would be incoherent. Have a nice day!