Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Portal QB

vCash

Portal QB

If it?s true we have some cash in the war chest, I think it?s time to throw some money at a portal qb that is the right fit. The bears are rumored to be paying 6 figures for their back up qb to ride the pine. My point is, it?s time to be aggressive at this position. I know we have other position groups that have immense needs as well, but without a qb, you are dead in the water in todays college football. Especially when you face a talent disparagy most saturdays in this league.

The right qb will depend on the hc hire. I think Herman or even Mullen (don?t flame me) would offer the best offense that would capture QBs attention the most. But either way, it?s time to pony up. In my opinion, will needs to transfer (I?m grateful for his leadership and past contributions to the team). It?s hard to start a fresh with a 4 year starter who is a team leader on the sidelines. We need to blow it up, take our lumps next season (try to win 6 and make a bowl), and try to build towards 2025 to win 8-9.

How much money should we throw around for that position? I know it depends on the player and what we have in the bank, but I think we need to ear mark atleast 500k to the right guy. Be aggressive. We need a splash at the hc hire and at the qb position in the portal. Imperative that we have the HC in place by Dec. 4 to hit the portal running and be able to sell offensive vision to potential qb transfers.

vCash
    You can't win without a legit QB in today's football. It's the single most important spot in football. You better have a good one if you want to win.

vCash
    I hear Arch is looking to transfer!

vCash
    We will be shopping hard for a portal QB
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    I hear Arch is looking to transfer!
    LSU is ready to throw everything at him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Yep. It will be ridiculous. It will prove that NIL is totally out of control.

vCash
    The Grayson McCall rumors are already out there in the event that Chadwell does get our job

vCash
    Hasn?t Archie already nipped those rumors?

Arch wanted to play for Sarkisian and honestly he needed at least a year if not 2 to build his body. He?s much skinnier than Peyton and Eli ever were.

Maybe he?s a throwback and realizes that not every player in college football needs to start day 1. If he gets meaningful snaps next season and then starts for 2-3 years after he will be on the same track as both of his uncles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We will be shopping hard for a portal QB
    Some schools will shop hard at the BMW dealership

Some schools will shop hard on Craigslist

vCash
    Normally we shop at Tinder for a QB that'll be cheap and easy to get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Some schools will shop hard at the BMW dealership

Some schools will shop hard on Craigslist
    absolutely. But our next coach is going to want a somewhat mobile QB
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Will may be back

vCash
    I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but Arch is pretty damn average. He is running third team at UT and won't sniff the field until year 3 or maybe even 4.

He isn't good. He is all hype. If his last name was Smith, he would have signed with Tulane, maybe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    The Grayson McCall rumors are already out there in the event that Chadwell does get our job
    Rumor was he didn't leave for big money last year because his grades wouldn't transfer. Don't know if thats been rectified. It's only hearsay, but there had to be a reason he stayed at Coastal last year.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Will may be back
    I figured this was the elephant in the room. Going pro isn't a legitimate option. He could transfer, but despite what some people on here think, the kid is all maroon.

Now, if I'm him, i'm not coming back to run anything but a primarily AR offense. Just wouldn't make sense. I also, wouldn't trust the new OC to "adjust his offense to fit Will's talents". I would want a guy with a history of running AR concepts.

Candidly, if I was Will's advisor, I would tell him to go to an AR school, go throw for 5,000 yards and make some NIL money.

vCash
    Huge QB draft class this year. That's the reason Quin Ewers is returning.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbub50 View Post
    If it?s true we have some cash in the war chest, I think it?s time to throw some money at a portal qb that is the right fit. The bears are rumored to be paying 6 figures for their back up qb to ride the pine. My point is, it?s time to be aggressive at this position. I know we have other position groups that have immense needs as well, but without a qb, you are dead in the water in todays college football. Especially when you face a talent disparagy most saturdays in this league.

The right qb will depend on the hc hire. I think Herman or even Mullen (don?t flame me) would offer the best offense that would capture QBs attention the most. But either way, it?s time to pony up. In my opinion, will needs to transfer (I?m grateful for his leadership and past contributions to the team). It?s hard to start a fresh with a 4 year starter who is a team leader on the sidelines. We need to blow it up, take our lumps next season (try to win 6 and make a bowl), and try to build towards 2025 to win 8-9.

How much money should we throw around for that position? I know it depends on the player and what we have in the bank, but I think we need to ear mark atleast 500k to the right guy. Be aggressive. We need a splash at the hc hire and at the qb position in the portal. Imperative that we have the HC in place by Dec. 4 to hit the portal running and be able to sell offensive vision to potential qb transfers.
    From what I've been told on portal QB's - 500K won't get you in the door on a big time QB. That is our biggest problem, yes we need a QB, but we also need OL and DL, also expensive positions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but Arch is pretty damn average. He is running third team at UT and won't sniff the field until year 3 or maybe even 4.

He isn't good. He is all hype. If his last name was Smith, he would have signed with Tulane, maybe.

Maybe that's what kills NIL. A big mega million dollar highly publicized bust that drives everyone' expectations down

vCash

Yeah. For some reason everyone seems to have forgotten this. His high school film was terrible. His competition looked like middle school kids.

vCash
    I figured this was the elephant in the room. Going pro isn't a legitimate option. He could transfer, but despite what some people on here think, the kid is all maroon.

Now, if I'm him, i'm not coming back to run anything but a primarily AR offense. Just wouldn't make sense. I also, wouldn't trust the new OC to "adjust his offense to fit Will's talents". I would want a guy with a history of running AR concepts.

Candidly, if I was Will's advisor, I would tell him to go to an AR school, go throw for 5,000 yards and make some NIL money.
    Yup. Seems to be in his best interest to go to a G5 school running an air raid concept and have fun while setting a bunch of records. Sticking around to be a square peg in a round hole doesn't seem like a lot of fun, although it'd certainly be nice for MSU to have that security blanket.