Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I have a question for you geniuses

vCash
    If he is on the hot seat, they'd be dumb to leak it this early in the season. If he's fired, it'll be done quickly and without much if any notice.

If he's retained, we're going to have to sell football tickets to people who are interested in watching paint dry. I 100% hope I'm wrong and it works out, but it's been PAINFUL to watch this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I don't have convince myself of an actual fact. Lol.
    No. It's not. The previous staff would have gotten JJ Harrell and Noreel White very early in the process. The previous staff's pursuit of Trey Petty likely would have lead to Braylon Burnside as well.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    If we go 4-8 and lose by multiple touchdowns on thanksgiving at home in front of 35k fans, there will be no choice but to fire him.
    If he gets to 6-6, he stays.

The real conversation will be if he goes 5-7. My guess is he is fired unless there is a bolt of energy between now and then. Our program is lifeless right now. No energy.
    This is the correct answer. 5-7 with a win over Ole Miss will probably keep him. Our boosters are that shallow I?m afraid. It?s why we hire the way we do. It?s why our game day atmosphere is the way it is. We don?t have enough boosters with enough money to supersede the ones who are still ?poor ole Mississippi State? and ?beating Ole Miss is all that matters?. The short sightedness is perplexing.

vCash
    We should be more focused on what it will cost to keep Arnette than what it would cost to fire him. With all the changes going on in college football this an especially bad time for State to spend two years digging a hole that it's going to take a lot longer to dig out of.
    Last edited by Churchill; 10-11-2023 at 02:32 PM.

vCash
    Our boosters don't make decisions after six games into the season.

Losing to Ole Miss tends to have an impact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I don't have convince myself of an actual fact. Lol.
    No point in arguing w a guy who is always "right". Even though in this case, he'd be wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    No. It's not. The previous staff would have gotten JJ Harrell and Noreel White very early in the process. The previous staff's pursuit of Trey Petty likely would have lead to Braylon Burnside as well.
    What??? Clueless. That's not true

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    No point in arguing w a guy who is always "right". Even though in this case, he'd be wrong.
    I know. He just makes up stuff.

vCash
    I haven't seen a man love another man the way KB does Leach since Brokeback Mountain. It's really sad. The man didn't recruit at all and his offense was mid at best. He was fun to drink with though. Always had a quirky comment. Did quirky things that quirky people love I guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Its pretty simple - if he goes 6-6 or better he is safe.

He goes 5-7 and beats the bears, he is most likely safe.

He goes 4-8 or 5-7 with a loss to the bears, he is most likely not safe.

The issue that people are ignoring is that everyone with eyes understands that next year is a rebuilding year. Its hard to sell a rebuilding year in year 2, after winning less than 6 games in year 1. Most people won't think that the same coach that coached a senior laden team the prior year is the right guy for a rebuilding job. Toledo is one of the best teams in the MAC and Arizona State may have Jaden Rashada still on their team next year.
    This is what keeps getting me. If you ask me in a vacuum does MSU fire a coach after one year for going 4-8, I would say no way. He's probably gone after year two, but we're just not going to fire a coach after one year without at least a bad OOC loss.

But then you think about the fact that next year is a huge rebuilding year, and it just looks ugly. Arnett probably doomed himself when he decided to start the rebuild on offense a year early because he wanted to move away from air raid concepts. I think Arnett is smart and can be a good coach, but he made his job unnecessarily hard this year and struggled because of it. Presumably next year he will have learned somethings, but the drop in talent is probably going to far outpace any improvements he makes in coaching. So then he's going to be in a portal world with a bad two year track record trying to convince new players to come her and the existing players with options to stay, and that just seems damn near impossible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Our boosters don't make decisions after six games into the season.

Losing to Ole Miss tends to have an impact.
    That's how we wound up giving Jomo the "bowl game extension". And the bowl game just proved we should have fired him to begin with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I haven't seen a man love another man the way KB does Leach since Brokeback Mountain. It's really sad. The man didn't recruit at all and his offense was mid at best. He was fun to drink with though. Always had a quirky comment. Did quirky things that quirky people love I guess.
    He was a ton of fun to hang out with. Good guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Yeah. I'm not wrong. Just like I wasn't wrong about Barbay and his offense when I tried to tell a few numb skulls this off season what would happen.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Now this is funny ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

vCash
    Yeah. I'm not wrong. Just like I wasn't wrong about Barbay and his offense when I tried to tell a few numb skulls this off season what would happen.
    Ooooooklkkkkk

vCash
    I don't see how any of you could have watched any game this season and think we win any SEC games.

I'm telling you right now. USM is going to give us all we want and may win.

We are a very very bad football team. Like mid tier in the MAC bad. Our only shot to win a SEC game was when South Carolina made Tulu look like a heisman contender. We couldn't even close that one out.

vCash
    No energy will be added with this crap offense Barbay is running.
    There was no energy in the crap offense last year. Hell, I can throw a dump pass to the running back or screen pass to a WR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MBDawg601 View Post
    I don't see how any of you could have watched any game this season and think we win any SEC games.

I'm telling you right now. USM is going to give us all we want and may win.

We are a very very bad football team. Like mid tier in the MAC bad. Our only shot to win a SEC game was when South Carolina made Tulu look like a heisman contender. We couldn't even close that one out.
    I'm there with ya. I feel the same way. We look like day old vomit. The USM game is going to go a lot like the WMU game did, but we may be on the losing end.

vCash
    Those recruits committed before they realized how little the WRs are used in this offense.
    Too bad our QB doesn't throw it to them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I'm there with ya. I feel the same way. We look like day old vomit. The USM game is going to go a lot like the WMU game did, but we may be on the losing end.
    Y'all must not have seen usm play. You think we're bad, they're defense couldn't stop steven hawking, they're really really bad. WMU would beat them by 3 tds easy