Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Florida v Kentucky

vCash

Florida v Kentucky

Kentucky up 16-0 early in the 2nd quarter. They look really good.

I hope nobody has them in the "sure win" column.

vCash
    Coaching stability

vCash
    I don?t even have central Michigan and USM in the sure win.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    I?m going to do something most won?t do - shout Mark Stoops? praises. The guy has built a quality program and done it the right way - sustained stability at the top, showing the ability to recruit to your needs with a focus on building talent on talent- and most of it was mid to high 3 ⭐️s and slowly getting higher ranked and quality recruits to believe in the program, all with a long term commitment to building for the deep future.
    It really has been completely contrary to how most view and believe it should be done in this era of football.

vCash
    I will go a bit further and give a MSU twist to my above comment -
    Mullen was right where Kentucky has now found itself - a perennial winning, bowl-bound team that was on cusp of becoming a top 2 team in their conference division. The difference?? Mullen believed he was better than MSU, and wanted to be a blue blood (but the way he built his success does not work at most blue bloods - they want to win NOW). Stoops has embraced his situation and when both he?s had the opportunities to leave, AND when he had a subpar year UK admin could have pulled the plug, both sides stayed committed to the process. Today?s game is another sign that it works

vCash
    I put everyone in the sure win category. And I'll be there at 8:00 tonight expecting to win.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    Mullen was right where Kentucky has now found itself - a perennial winning, bowl-bound team that was on cusp of becoming a top 2 team in their conference division. The difference?? Mullen believed he was better than MSU, and wanted to be a blue blood (but the way he built his success does not work at most blue bloods - they want to win NOW). Stoops has embraced his situation and when both he?s had the opportunities to leave, AND when he had a subpar year UK admin could have pulled the plug, both sides stayed committed to the process. Today?s game is another sign that it works
    Agreed! Mullen screwed himself. I also wonder if todays game will allow a coach to do it that way ever again. The game is so different than when they both took over their programs.

vCash
    Absolutely 17ing true.

vCash
    Lincoln Riley and his Air Raid is going to drop 70 on Prime Time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    I put everyone in the sure win category. And I'll be there at 8:00 tonight expecting to win.
    U serious Leroy

vCash
    I?m going to do something most won?t do - shout Mark Stoops? praises. The guy has built a quality program and done it the right way - sustained stability at the top, showing the ability to recruit to your needs with a focus on building talent on talent- and most of it was mid to high 3 ⭐️s and slowly getting higher ranked and quality recruits to believe in the program, all with a long term commitment to building for the deep future.
    It really has been completely contrary to how most view and believe it should be done in this era of football.
    You are right. But to be fair, many people have been praising Stoops for years for what he's done at Kentucky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Lincoln Riley and his Air Raid is going to drop 70 on Prime Time.
    I certainly hope so. What a strange place to post this though.

vCash
    Leary at the half, 4-6 for 36 yards
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Stoops going for the Michigan State job?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    You are right. But to be fair, many people have been praising Stoops for years for what he's done at Kentucky.
    True?.to a point. If Bama were 4-0 against a ?weak? front end, they would be #1 or 2. Kentucky isn?t even ranked. They are honestly the 3rd or 4th best team in the SEC this year, and could end up winning their division, and they?ve been at that level for a few years now. I still think they are a couple more years away from being high level consistency, but they are as close as anyone not named Bama, UGA, and LSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Stoops going for the Michigan State job?
    Why would he leave at this point when he?s getting all he could hope for, program continuing to rise?..to go sit in mediocrity again in a worse recruiting footprint, and worse facilities, higher expectations, and playing second fiddle in state to Michigan at Mich State??

vCash
    Wooo, the UK RB Ray Davis is an absolute beast today. About 250 rushing, 4 total TDS so far early in the 3rd. And this is against the best rushing defense in the SEC.

vCash
    Why would he leave at this point when he?s getting all he could hope for, program continuing to rise?..to go sit in mediocrity again in a worse recruiting footprint, and worse facilities, higher expectations, and playing second fiddle in state to Michigan at Mich State??
    If I were him there's no way I would leave Kentucky. Especially for Michigan State.

vCash
    We ain't beating A&M or Arkansas either. A&M's defense is fast. Johnson can hit the deep ball. Arkansas may be a closer game but it's still going to be a loss.

4-8 is what I'm seeing.

vCash
    Wooo, the UK RB Ray Davis is an absolute beast today. About 250 rushing, 4 total TDS so far early in the 3rd. And this is against the best rushing defense in the SEC.
    He'll break 300 if they let him. I think they said the school record is 299.