Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: QB Next Year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    What is amazing is that after last week, we still have fans that think Rogers moving on is a good thing for the football program.

IT is bizarre how much our fans hate one player.
    It is! What's extremely weird is that if the OC gets it figured out, and Rogers keeps these types of games up, those same people will still say he is the reason we lost.

vCash
    What is amazing is that after last week, we still have fans that think Rogers moving on is a good thing for the football program.

Do they hate Rogers as much as our fans hated Wayne Madkin?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Do they hate Rogers as much as our fans hated Wayne Madkin?
    Not sure. But what does that have to do with the hate on Rogers?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    Not sure. But what does that have to do with the hate on Rogers?
    Good grief man, it was just a question. It may even be relevant since we have tendency to shit on the starter and think the back-up gives us a better chance to win. Historically, it's this way more times than not with our fans.

vCash

I don't think it is hate, more fatigue. Kind of like Austin Williams, he's a good player, but not dynamic, not someone who is going to win you a game based on his talent. Additionally, the current trend is for a QB that can move in pocket and put more pressure on the D with his feet. Even pure passing QBs now have at least a small amount of mobility.

He'll go down as a MSU great. I think we have a chance tomorrow, if we win, that will booster his status even more. I think too many folks have given up on this season, if Will has more games like last Saturday and the D can just improve a little, we can get to 7-5/8-4 which is out lot in life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Good grief man, it was just a question. It may even be relevant since we have tendency to shit on the starter and think the back-up gives us a better chance to win. Historically, it's this way more times than not with our fans.
    Thank you!!! May have been a little bit of a thread derailment, but just a question I was curious about.

vCash
    We're going look at portal QBs. I'm preparing to be underwhelmed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    We're going look at portal QBs. I'm preparing to be underwhelmed.
    I wouldn't trade Rogers for Peyton Thorne at AU or the kid from Wisconsin that FL has and I'm not sure we are going to be able to blow our NIL wad on a QB. Maybe so, but we have a lot (I mean a f@cking lot) of holes that we will need to replace off this year's team.

vCash
    Congrats to Will for having a decent game. We still lost and he turned the ball over. We just need a QB that can move even the slightest bit without collapsing or fumbling. Until we have that we are extremely limited. It doesn't take Nick Saban to see that.

This league is way too athletic and will take advantage of that weakness in a QB almost every drive with a huge momentum play. Unless we are hitting bombs within the first few plays of a drive like we did last week, it's a ticking time bomb of disaster each time we line up.

vCash
    I wouldn't trade Rogers for Peyton Thorne at AU or the kid from Wisconsin that FL has and I'm not sure we are going to be able to blow our NIL wad on a QB. Maybe so, but we have a lot (I mean a f@cking lot) of holes that we will need to replace off this year's team.
    Keeping Rogers removes 1 area of need.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Congrats to Will for having a decent game. We still lost and he turned the ball over. We just need a QB that can move even the slightest bit without collapsing or fumbling. Until we have that we are extremely limited. It doesn't take Nick Saban to see that.

This league is way too athletic and will take advantage of that weakness in a QB almost every drive with a huge momentum play. Unless we are hitting bombs within the first few plays of a drive like we did last week, it's a ticking time bomb of disaster each time we line up.

BS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    Who is this Parsons guy? *******
    Apparently most of the posters here know but I've never heard of him. He must live down by the WalMarts. I think he was recruited by Mullen's when Greg Byrnes was here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    PARSON not Parsons isn't going anywhere else after this season.
    Don't be so sure. Every other QB we've recruited in recent years has left to play for other teams.

vCash
    We're assuming Barbay is back next year...which isn't a given.

I'm sure we'll get someone out of the portal but it may depend on who our OC is.

vCash
    Why aren't we rolling with Chris Parson next year? It seems like a no brainer to get this kid out there and start getting experience.

But Hell, there are so many question marks with this team and coaching staff.

vCash
    It'll be Will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Maybe he'll play well enough for us to get his name right.
    Rodgers or Parsons?***

For the love of humanity people, it is Parson. He's been very clear that it upsets him to say his name wrong. Geez.

vCash

Rogers is a good system QB that is it. I know the air raid lovers are never going to let it go. Hanging on the Rogers and his stats when they are good is all they got. It is fine to like one system vs another but it is OK if everyone don't love the air raid. We didn't win any more or have any better O than any other time in MSU history that is fact. We got worse on D in that stretch and are digging out of a hole created by it now.

No one hates Rogers but it is best for our program at this point. Time to quit living in the past.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Apparently most of the posters here know but I've never heard of him. He must live down by the WalMarts. I think he was recruited by Mullen's when Greg Byrnes was here.
    Nah. By Crooms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Rogers is a good system QB that is it. I know the air raid lovers are never going to let it go. Hanging on the Rogers and his stats when they are good is all they got. It is fine to like one system vs another but it is OK if everyone don't love the air raid. We didn't win any more or have any better O than any other time in MSU history that is fact. We got worse on D in that stretch and are digging out of a hole created by it now.

No one hates Rogers but it is best for our program at this point. Time to quit living in the past.
    I don't particularly like the Air Raid. But it did mask talent deficiencies. We see that very clearly now. Having that offense in the middle of the league vs that schedule last year was amazing. Simply amazing. We're going to be behind that this year despite being older and having a weaker schedule.

I'm fine with Barbay, we just need talent. Particularly at OL.