Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: QB Next Year

vCash

QB Next Year

So here is one to think about for next year. Let?s say Will moves on, which I think it would be time. Do you start Parsons or do you go get a transfer? I would think if the staff had confidence in making Parsons the starter next year, why go get Mike Wright this year? Give those snaps to CP. I know we loose a ton after this year, but with the portal and doing it right, you can still be good. What say ye all?

vCash
    If this season keeps going like it looks like it will, no way arnett is betting his job on an unexperienced qb imo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If this season keeps going like it looks like it will, no way arnett is betting his job on an unexperienced qb imo
    In the NFL I agree. In college an upcoming star almost guarantees more expectations and job security.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    So here is one to think about for next year. Let?s say Will moves on, which I think it would be time. Do you start Parsons or do you go get a transfer? I would think if the staff had confidence in making Parsons the starter next year, why go get Mike Wright this year? Give those snaps to CP. I know we loose a ton after this year, but with the portal and doing it right, you can still be good. What say ye all?
    Not much use in Parsons handing it off 4 times a game.

vCash
    Wright at this point is the odds on guy to be QB next season
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Anyone other the the starter we have this year. A waste of the season, I still can't understand it.

vCash
    If Will plays like he did last week for the rest of the season, and our playcalling matches his strengths, then the best case scenario is for him to return.

vCash
    I don't know if coaches put a lot of stock in "next year" in this day of NIL/Portal. Parsons may transfer the next portal opening.

vCash
    Maybe he'll play well enough for us to get his name right.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    I just hope Rogers understands and know; we need a daul threat QB for this offence. If he comes back, we will be in a fix and the only backup will be Wright. No one else will be here. Parsons will be out of here; I just don't think he will be back..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Oh we will bring in a couple of Transfers just due to the lack of depth if nothing else.

vCash
    Who knows. In the 2nd week of Jan we will have 85 Unrestricted Free Agents and a Oakland As payroll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paverdog View Post
    I just hope Rogers understands and know; we need a daul threat QB for this offence. If he comes back, we will be in a fix and the only backup will be Wright. No one else will be here. Parsons will be out of here; I just don't think he will be back..
    We don't need a dual threat QB. We need a QB that can hit the mid to deep passes on a regular basis that is mobile. Brice was a 62% passer and rushed for a whopping 1.6 per carry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    We don't need a dual threat QB. We need a QB that can hit the mid to deep passes on a regular basis that is mobile. Brice was a 62% passer and rushed for a whopping 1.6 per carry.
    We ain't Alabama

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Wright at this point is the odds on guy to be QB next season
    That's something not to look forward to. If Parsons is as good as he is supposed to be, he should be able to beat out Wright.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Who is this Parsons guy? *******

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    Who is this Parsons guy? *******
    Micah Parsons, he has another year of eligibility left and is tired of destroying offenses in the NFL so he is transferring to us after the playoffs. He wants to try his hand at QB. It's a risky move for us but his upside is incredible. His family has already flown in a couple of times to check out housing and was seen at Old Waverly. It's pretty much a done deal at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    I don't know if coaches put a lot of stock in "next year" in this day of NIL/Portal. Parsons may transfer the next portal opening.
    PARSON not Parsons isn't going anywhere else after this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    We ain't Alabama
    You are right. But we have Rogers who does a hell of a job at that. We can recruit better QBs that can do that. We can not go back to sub 60% passing (52 to 57% is a no go).

vCash
    What is amazing is that after last week, we still have fans that think Rogers moving on is a good thing for the football program.

IT is bizarre how much our fans hate one player.