Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SEC main office

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

SEC main office

So yesterday they shorted Bama an entire down and they let a player clearly out of bounds intercept a ball on the one and then give them the ball on the 2 for some reason.

Do they even acknowledge they 17d up this time or basically tell us to F off?
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    It's pretty ridiculous that conferences are allowed to have their own sets of referees in the first place. It should just be one set of FBS (or power 5) referees that answer only to the NCAA. (Wait that may not be any better.)

vCash
    There was 2 controversial calls in the game and they both went against us. It does make you wonder

vCash
    Apparently the call on the interception was the right call. Weird rule.

The fumble call was horrid. Will's hand clearly moved before the ball moved. It wasn't even that close.

vCash
    Multi billion dollar industry and they can?t hire full time officials and have regular crews without conference affiliations? Smh

vCash
    they seem like liberals trying to count votes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post

The fumble call was horrid. Will's hand clearly moved before the ball moved. It wasn't even that close.
    It's amazing how differently we all see things. Which is what makes the world so cool. It was so obvious a fumble to me, I immediately sunk my head when I saw the replay and said "Oh, it's clearly a fumble".

vCash

Nope. It wasn't the right call.

Article 8 — Illegal Participation
    It is illegal for a player of either team to go Out of Bounds, without contact with an opponent, and return to the field and participate in that play.

Notice the part in bold. If he went out without contact, then its a penalty on him for illegal participation. If he went out with contact, then it's pass interference or holding on him. There is no 're-establish' yourself part to that rule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    Nope. It wasn't the right call.

Article 8 ? Illegal Participation
    It is illegal for a player of either team to go Out of Bounds, without contact with an opponent, and return to the field and participate in that play.

Notice the part in bold. If he went out without contact, then it's a penalty on him for illegal participation. If he went out with contact, then it's pass interference or holding on him. There is no 're-establish' yourself part to that rule.
    Interesting. Link?
    Last edited by confucius say; 09-24-2023 at 01:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    It's amazing how differently we all see things. Which is what makes the world so cool. It was so obvious a fumble to me, I immediately sunk my head when I saw the replay and said "Oh, it's clearly a fumble".
    Most people look to see forward movement of the hand once the hand is supinated (hand is facing up or forward). But the rule doesn't say that. It says any forward movement, which would include while the hand is pronated (facing down or back). His hand clearly moved in the downfield direction while it was pronated. The ball was not knocked loose until his hand was supinated.

ETA: watching it again in slow motion, it's not even close. His hand moves at least two feet from the behind his body all the way to his shoulder before he's hit. But the entire time his hand is pronated. He's hit just as his hand turns from being pronated to supinated.
    Last edited by confucius say; 09-24-2023 at 01:51 PM.

vCash
    Most people look to see forward movement of the hand once the hand is supinated (hand is facing up or forward). But the rule doesn't say that. It says any forward movement, which would include while the hand is pronated (facing down or back). His hand clearly moved in the downfield direction while it was pronated. The ball was not knocked loose until his hand was supinated.

ETA: watching it again in slow motion, it's not even close. His hand moves at least two feet from the behind his body all the way to his shoulder before he's hit. But the entire time his hand is pronated. He's hit just as his hand turns from being pronated to supinated.
    This.

vCash
    I could live with the fumble call but the re-established call and miss on replay...horrible that the officials and replay made that call. Horrible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This.
    The rule says "any intentional forward movement of the passer's hand with the ball firmly in their control starts the forward pass unless the player clearly starts to bring the ball back with firm control"

It wasn't even close. Whomever was reviewing that should be fired today.

vCash
    The rule says "any intentional forward movement of the passer's hand with the ball firmly in their control starts the forward pass unless the player clearly starts to bring the ball back with firm control"

It wasn't even close. Whomever was reviewing that should be fired today.
    They blew that one bad. The movement was definitely forward with the ball in control.

vCash
    To play the other side, they missed an obvious PI call on us as USCe was in the red zone.

I can live with the fumble call, but not the out of bounds int call.
    Last edited by viverlibre; 09-24-2023 at 02:54 PM.

vCash
    Interesting. Link?
    Oops! Damn Google! I googled NCAA football rules and it returned CFL rules.

Here is the 2022 NCAA book. Skip to the bottom of page 84. Strange that it doesn't mention the defensive guy being out of bounds but I assume these rules cover players on both sides of the ball.
    http://www.ncaapublications.com/prod...loads/FR22.pdf

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I could live with the fumble call but the re-established call and miss on replay...horrible that the officials and replay made that call. Horrible
    Yeah that was a huge play in the game. Took away our momentum and cost us points

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    Oops! Damn Google! I googled NCAA football rules and it returned CFL rules.

Here is the 2022 NCAA book. Skip to the bottom of page 84. Strange that it doesn't mention the defensive guy being out of bounds but I assume these rules cover players on both sides of the ball.
    http://www.ncaapublications.com/prod...loads/FR22.pdf
    Based on my reading/understanding, there's no rules for the defensive player going out of bounds and having to reestablish himself in the field. Seems like a defensive player could leap from out of bounds with both feet out as long as 1 foot lands in bounds when catching the ball unless I'm missing something. Which would mean the call in the game was the right call if I'm understanding this correctly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    This. I don't get our folks being upset about this. It's possible to throw something forward and not have control of it. His fingers weren't gripping the ball and it was spinning in his hand. Doesn't matter how it came out. It was not in his control when it went forward.

Interception was the same. The SC guy reestablished his right foot barely after his left foot, which was out of bounds, came up off the ground. It's a pick.

These are close calls, but they are the right calls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    This. I don't get our folks being upset about this. It's possible to throw something forward and not have control of it. His fingers weren't gripping the ball and it was spinning in his hand. Doesn't matter how it came out. It was not in his control when it went forward.

Interception was the same. The SC guy reestablished his right foot barely after his left foot, which was out of bounds, came up off the ground. It's a pick.

These are close calls, but they are the right calls.
    Was he pushed out of bounds or did he run out of bounds on his own. Huge difference in the rules.