Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I bet Arnett is thinking ?I?ve lost ONE game?ONE?

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash

I bet Arnett is thinking ?I?ve lost ONE game?ONE?

Watching this Arnett hatred spread like wildfire is fascinating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    He's in charge of taking a 9-4 vet team down this path where ever it goes. He's making 3 million per year hear. I think that's enough to put a competitive team on the field. But most of it revolves around the people that hired Friend before ever hiring the OC and for hiring that OC.

vCash
    If that's what he's thinking, then we're in big trouble. A leader would be thinking "We look like shit and got lucky in 1 game. I better fix this right now".
    But hey, that's how leaders think. Is he a leader??

vCash
    Offense and defense both rank around 100th in the nation.

We are worse than some G5 schools.

vCash
    These are the times when you win over your fanbase. Show some improvement and get a big road win when things look like they are taking a downward turn.

Fair or not it is games like these that can win or lose a fanbase. Unfortunately for him Alabama follows. So if we come out looking like Sly Croom again then hope for the season is pretty much gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    These are the times when you win over your fanbase. Show some improvement and get a big road win when things look like they are taking a downward turn.

Fair or not it is games like these that can win or lose a fanbase. Unfortunately for him Alabama follows. So if we come out looking like Sly Croom again then hope for the season is pretty much gone.
    Truth. The one thing he can not do is be wishy washy. What I mean by that, is not listening to Message Board talk and look at the film and say to your OC.. "That shit ain't working.... remove those from you head and do what we are good at".

Saban would not put up with that product and has pulled play calling away from the DC per Kiffin:

"I don't know what happened after the Texas game," Kiffin said. "But, you know, our guys watching the TV copy schematically in this last game, it certainly seems like T-Rob's now calling the defense. We played him before at South Carolina, so we're preparing accordingly, you know, for him calling the defense. He's done a good job too. And they've got really good players."

Point is, you are the HC. Do what you have to do because it all lands at your feet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    Truth. The one thing he can not do is be wishy washy. What I mean by that, is not listening to Message Board talk and look at the film and say to your OC.. "That shit ain't working.... remove those from you head and do what we are good at".

Saban would not put up with that product and has pulled play calling away from the DC per Kiffin:

"I don't know what happened after the Texas game," Kiffin said. "But, you know, our guys watching the TV copy schematically in this last game, it certainly seems like T-Rob's now calling the defense. We played him before at South Carolina, so we're preparing accordingly, you know, for him calling the defense. He's done a good job too. And they've got really good players."

Point is, you are the HC. Do what you have to do because it all lands at your feet.
    Yep. I’m over the Air Raid talk. Just SHOW something. Whatever the hell it is. With the exception of Creed making a couple of plays against a trash opponent, we have not shown that we can get anybody involved in the offense besides Tulu. Will or Wright, whoever it is, has to get the outside guys involved.

vCash
    hatred is too strong of a word. And not really true. It's one loss, but the Arizona and SELA games were not encouraging either. This is a veteran football team we have.

What is true is the hiring process of Arnett was rushed and flawed. Then you had the OC hiring process which was questionable. I was concerned after watching App State film and said so on this board. Barbay's scheme is more of a talent based scheme which is not what we are looking for at MSU.

The worst part about Arnett being the head coach is losing him as our D-coordinator. We've got a first time guy there.

Having said all of that, need to see some adjustments and improvements tonight. USCe is not strong on the Oline. This is a game that needs to be and should be competitive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    Yep. I’m over the Air Raid talk. Just SHOW something. Whatever the hell it is. With the exception of Creed making a couple of plays against a trash opponent, we have not shown that we can get anybody involved in the offense besides Tulu. Will or Wright, whoever it is, has to get the outside guys involved.
    Problem is that's almost an impossible task when the OL play is this bad. Either they have to improve, or the OC has to change it to a K.I.S.S offense.

vCash
    He got 17ing lucky against AZ it it's 1-2. He should be ready to fire his OC and punch his friend in the mouth.

vCash
    I really like arnett and think he fits in really well here but man the first 3 games we've looked like complete crap. What really sucks though is we don't know if the OC's system is good because we have a guy playing qb that couldn't outrun a snail and a turnstile at OL

vCash
    Yeah, well, evaluating with a single stat never gives a clear and complete picture.

vCash
    It is not hate.
    And seriously doubt Arnett is thinking that this week. He is more concerned with how bad they are looking so far, with a veteran team.
    edit: Arnett also publicly claimed he was not changing anything drastically, as he was being given the HC job. He basically lied. So there is that.

vCash
    It isn?t half as bad as the straight up hatred for Mike Leach. You don?t see people making up stuff about Arnett in an attempt to get him fired. You don?t see people calling Zach a racist or making up rumors of player mutinies.

vCash
    I may be the only guy on the planet that thinks this way but they?re something about Arnett that rubs me the wrong way. It?s obvious he hated Leach?s system and he lied about what he intended to do as hc. We have looked like garbage so far with a veteran team. If he gets next year, every word out of his mouth will be how young we are. I think we (MSU) have made a big mistake.
    Last edited by Kingbarkus; 09-23-2023 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Typo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    I really like arnett and think he fits in really well here but man the first 3 games we've looked like complete crap. What really sucks though is we don't know if the OC's system is good because we have a guy playing qb that couldn't outrun a snail and a turnstile at OL
    That's such BS.

Are you saying the OTs are suppose to run to the wrong side of the play called? Are you suggesting that the OL is just fine and not allowing blitzers untouched that reach Rogers in 2 seconds?

Come on!

When they have blocked, Rogers has been 69% and 76% this season. We almost lost to AZ because he would not pass a little more. Just like Leach lost the game at UK last year by not running it more.

The OC is trotting out a true freshman OT and making him play TE for the sake of running a 12 personnel! That's friggin STUPID!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    It isn?t half as bad as the straight up hatred for Mike Leach. You don?t see people making up stuff about Arnett in an attempt to get him fired. You don?t see people calling Zach a racist or making up rumors of player mutinies.
    YEP! Blows my mind!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingbarkus View Post
    I may be the only guy on the planet that thinks this way but they?re something about Arnett that runs me the wrong way. It?s obvious he hated Leach?s system and he lied about what he intended to do as hc. We have looked like garbage so far with a veteran team. If he gets next year, every word out of his mouth will be how young we are. I think we (MSU) have made a big mistake.
    Yes sir!

vCash
    Agreed. State fans and the T&L boobs all have a noose around their neck for whatever reason. It's wild the complete panic that's ensued following the annual loss to LSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingbarkus View Post
    I may be the only guy on the planet that thinks this way but they?re something about Arnett that rubs me the wrong way. It?s obvious he hated Leach?s system and he lied about what he intended to do as hc. We have looked like garbage so far with a veteran team. If he gets next year, every word out of his mouth will be how young we are. I think we (MSU) have made a big mistake.
    I want to like him, but something has seemed "off" since the first time I heard him speak as our HC. Then the embarrassment on National television the other night added to the doubt.