Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Arnett make a move this week? Sounds like he did.

vCash
    That posted a lot bigger than I thought it would.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post

This is from @JBudDavis on X. Interesting. Mississippi State has run 10 personnel only 4% of the time. They have had a TE on the field 86% of the time. They have even run 21 personnel 5% of the time. They have run zone blocking 70% of the time and used outside runs 83% of the time. I'm assuming this is including all the wide zone they run along with the jet sweeps and toss plays.
    Blows my mind!

vCash
    That posted a lot bigger than I thought it would.
    Is the success rate out of 1? Assuming it is. Just making sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    Is the success rate out of 1? Assuming it is. Just making sure.
    Yes. So, 0.46 is 46%.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash

This is from @JBudDavis on X. Interesting. Mississippi State has run 10 personnel only 4% of the time. They have had a TE on the field 86% of the time. They have even run 21 personnel 5% of the time. They have run zone blocking 70% of the time and used outside runs 83% of the time. I'm assuming this is including all the wide zone they run along with the jet sweeps and toss plays.
    THIS is the kind of post we need, thank you for the stats.

Absolutely pathetic coaching that Barbay would rather have our crappy TEs on the field than Creed or Price. Definition of "rather lose my way than win any other"

vCash
    The fact that we use more 12 personnel than 10 personnel might be one of the dumbest things this coaching staff has done. If we had a useful TEs sure, but we don't. Again definition of putting a square peg in a round hole.

vCash
    Judging from the success rate. 10 personnel is our least effective personnel grouping... You can make stats say what you want.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Judging from the success rate. 10 personnel is our least effective personnel grouping... You can make stats say what you want.
    And 21 our most...low amount of data on those 2 groups. Corrupt NCAA and their Spivey decision really hurting us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    The fact that we use more 12 personnel than 10 personnel might be one of the dumbest things this coaching staff has done. If we had a useful TEs sure, but we don't. Again definition of putting a square peg in a round hole.
    55 years old. Been watching football my entire life, and I HAVE NO IDEA what y'all are talking about. There's 11 players on the field every snap. Not 10 or 12.
    I know it's some kind of play on personnel use, but still....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    55 years old. Been watching football my entire life, and I HAVE NO IDEA what y'all are talking about. There's 11 players on the field every snap. Not 10 or 12.
    TE and RB counts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Especially when the other team has 11 players out there!!!!! ****

vCash
    10 Personnel = 1 RB, No TEs
    11 Personnel = 1 RB, 1 TE
    etc. etc.

vCash
    Poot noises
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 09-22-2023 at 08:49 AM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Nothing will change. We are what we are until the off-season. We will see what happens Saturday but this has the makings of a train wreck.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Bump because good stats.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Especially when the other team has 11 players out there!!!!! ****
    Thanks for the laugh. Could use some of that the way this team and board are going

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCoachKlein View Post
    Thanks for the laugh. Could use some of that the way this team and board are going
    Haha! I couldn't help it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    They did- We threw the ball 6 of our first 7 plays and had more passes overall than runs. Definite change
    Pass numbers were dictated by being boat raced. We still wanted to pound it. We just couldn't and couidnt pass it either. What we going to do? Let Will call his own offense?
    Should be a closer game but we're lost on both sides. Barbay and Arnett both look like they don't know what to do. Lose this week and the search committee fires up.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 09-22-2023 at 04:02 AM.

vCash
    What does that play calling chart look like in each of the last 3 years?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think it just means that they know that there are major problems no more no less. But the issue is I don't think based on what I have seen from this staff so far that they can take the corrections from the practice field to the game and then we end up with the same mess we have been watching the first three weeks of the season. So far they look like they are in way over their head. It just feels like we're overthinking everything from a coaching standpoint.

Barbay needs a lot more oversight and Brock may need less.

It's hard to build on anything when you don't really have an identity.

Then throw in a first year head coach with a first year OC and a first year DC in the SEC- not a good combination.
    In a lot of ways the defensive problems are much more disconcerting than the offensive issues. Yes, we lost a few really talented players on that side of the ball bit we had a lot of returning production with lots more consistency on returning coaching. No way we should be as bad as we are showing.