Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Arnett make a move this week? Sounds like he did.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

Did Arnett make a move this week? Sounds like he did.

At least that is the way that I read his comments to mean.

This is from a free article today on 247.

So how to correct this in practices? ?It?s playing to our strengths,? Arnett said. ?Now that we?ve got three games under our belt, when we are playing complementary football and executing at a high level in all phases we are doing this. This is what we do best.

?And you play to those strengths. Whether that?s playing certain styles of defense, being more aggressive or more conservative (on offense); the schemes you major in and other things you put on the back burner because they?re just not getting a great return on investment.?

How do you guys read that? Just coach speech?

vCash
    Certainly reads that way. We will have to see if it translates.

vCash
    Hopefully, this is not the same words as Jomo talking about taking his coaching pills, and the thumb pointing at him, etc.

vCash
    It sounds like coach speak to me, but I hope I am wrong.

A whole lot of beating around the bush.

vCash
    Echo chamber… we will see but I certainly hope and pray so.

vCash
    We'll find out Saturday night.

vCash
    Sounds like nothing to me.

vCash
    And things were going to change last week too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I just don't remember him saying things that indicate they were shelving things that we don't do well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    I just don't remember him saying things that indicate they were shelving things that we don't do well.
    They've lied so much it's really hard to take anything that they say seriously. We went back to the Air Raid for one play against LSU, gained 12 yards and then went back to the same trash we've been doing but throwing more instead of running it.

I'm expecting something similar Saturday and will be pleasantly surprised if they actually adapt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    They've lied so much it's really hard to take anything that they say seriously. We went back to the Air Raid for one play against LSU, gained 12 yards and then went back to the same trash we've been doing but throwing more instead of running it.

I'm expecting something similar Saturday and will be pleasantly surprised if they actually adapt.
    If we stay with Rogers (which it sounds like we will), Im hoping we can just mix it up... run Air raid schemes along with a running game. Don't be so predictable. I just dont understand why this coaching staff doesnt see that

vCash
    They did- We threw the ball 6 of our first 7 plays and had more passes overall than runs. Definite change
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    That posted a lot bigger than I thought it would.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    That posted a lot bigger than I thought it would.
    Is the success rate out of 1? Assuming it is. Just making sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    Is the success rate out of 1? Assuming it is. Just making sure.
    Yes. So, 0.46 is 46%.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    They did- We threw the ball 6 of our first 7 plays and had more passes overall than runs. Definite change
    Pass numbers were dictated by being boat raced. We still wanted to pound it. We just couldn't and couidnt pass it either. What we going to do? Let Will call his own offense?
    Should be a closer game but we're lost on both sides. Barbay and Arnett both look like they don't know what to do. Lose this week and the search committee fires up.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 09-22-2023 at 04:02 AM.

vCash
    Pass numbers were dictated by being boat raced. We still wanted to pound it. We just couldn't and couidnt pass it either. What we going to do? Let Will call his own offense?
    Should be a closer game but we're lost on both sides. Barbay and Arnett both look like they don't know what to do. Lose this week and the search committee fires up.
    While I'm not totally out on Arnett yet (Mike Leach saw something in him), if a change were made, I wouldn't back myself into a corner by saying we have to get an experienced head coach. I want someone who is young, offensive minded, and analytically inclined. Preferably someone from the Air Raid tree. My first two calls are probably to Zach Kittley and Garrett Riley.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    While I'm not totally out on Arnett yet (Mike Leach saw something in him), if a change were made, I wouldn't back myself into a corner by saying we have to get an experienced head coach. I want someone who is young, offensive minded, and analytically inclined. Preferably someone from the Air Raid tree. My first two calls are probably to Zach Kittley and Garrett Riley.
    I'd be a little worried about Riley or Kittley's over inexperience. They'd have to bring a veteran DC in that situation. I do love them as the offensive component though.

Again, I'd like to evaluate Jake Dickert at WSU throughout the season. He's a defensive guy who believes in the modified AR. He hired Arbuckle from WKU, whom I'm a big fan of, so I'm interested to see what happens. Imagine he'd bring Arbuckle with him. He's 13-9 at WSU after taking over for Rolovich. Big game for him tomorrow evening against Oregon St.

I worry about his ability to recruit though. They are 20 spots below when Leach was there his last few years.
    Last edited by CoachT14; 09-22-2023 at 10:07 AM.

vCash
    I think (hope) he realizes if he keeps doing what he does the first 3 weeks and loses this game then he's lost the fan base and he'll play the rest of the home schedule in front of crowds that would make USM point and laugh. If he has one bit of sense between his two ears he has admitted to himself just how big this game is for his career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    I think (hope) he realizes if he keeps doing what he does the first 3 weeks and loses this game then he's lost the fan base and he'll play the rest of the home schedule in front of crowds that would make USM point and laugh. If he has one bit of sense between his two ears he has admitted to himself just how big this game is for his career.
    No doubt. If we lose and play good and show an attempt at changes I guess I can deal with that. If Will starts and sucks it up again he's lost me.