Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ole Miss player sues school and Kiffen.

vCash

Ole Miss player sues school and Kiffen.

vCash
    I don't see an issue.

Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 09-15-2023 at 08:04 AM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    hilarious

vCash
    Michael Oher took the lid off the box.

vCash
    I wish nothing but the worst for Ole Miss but this lawsuit is some bullsheet.

Read through it and it appears this kid just gets hurt a lot. It states he suffered a concussion during a UM spring game, he tore his Achilles, which according to the lawsuit left him depressed, anxious, embarrassed and several other adjectives then he injuries his LCL and all those adjectives listed above miraculously reappear.

It just seems the kid may have been processed out because he can't stay healthy.

If he's successful, I could see this opening a whole can of worms for every school with a player claiming they didn't get "proper mental health assistance ".

vCash
    I like to pile on Ole Miss as much as anyone, but after reading the article the kid was looking to cause problems. He refused to meet with Kiffin multiple times, and then secretly recorded their conversation.

I mean honestly, if I?m a head coach, and a player refuses to meet with me even once, then he would automatically be off the team.

vCash
    These kids are getting paid now. It's a job. Show up to work or get fired.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Tibbons View Post
    I like to pile on Ole Miss as much as anyone, but after reading the article the kid was looking to cause problems. He refused to meet with Kiffin multiple times, and then secretly recorded their conversation.

I mean honestly, if I?m a head coach, and a player refuses to meet with me even once, then he would automatically be off the team.
    Agreed. At the same time though, they like to take on shit heads that other schools cut loose or won’t sign b/c they are shitheads. The odds start to tilt against you at some point and one of the shitheads goes rogue on you.

vCash
    Yeah, screw Ole Miss, but a lawsuit like this could open up a huge can worms and cause problems for coaches/schools for all college athletes that get their feelings hurt. In much the same way that NIL has changed the college landscape.

Banned
    vCash
    Personally I think Kiffin is correct and that sports operate outside of a mental health aspect and you owe no obligation to play anyone and can bench them for any reason.

Legally, it could be fun to see this play out. Especially if they ****ed up and took his scholarship away (unsure and didnt care to read that far this morning) or something stupid. Either way, the Rebels keep losing the PR game they love to win.

vCash
    I don't really have much of an issue with Kiffin here but the optics of this are VERY bad. I mean here you have a white coach making millions of dollars a year belittling this poor young black man, at least that's how it'll be portrayed. Again, I don't have an issue with Lane's message. We've gotten way to soft as a society but he is going to get some bad press here and the media is going to rip him to shreds.
    Last edited by Saltydog; 09-15-2023 at 11:14 AM.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    The real story here is OM and kiffin blasting publicly to every media outlet that would listen that their staff is certified in mental health and completed mental health training and care about mental health. For recruiting and appearances purposes. All while doing the exact opposite of the training in private. They knew this was coming because the notice was filed 4 months ago, so they tried to get out in front of it by claiming to care about mental health publicly.

That bunch never changes.

vCash
    I'm going to have to side with Kitten on this one.

Some of these kids need a reality check. Yes mental health is a real thing, but so is taking responsibility for your actions and suring up communication with your coach/boss. You can't just go MIA for weeks and expect to come back.

The mental health issue is not why he was let go. Not communicating or showing up is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MBDawg601 View Post
    I'm going to have to side with Kitten on this one.

Some of these kids need a reality check. Yes mental health is a real thing, but so is taking responsibility for your actions and suring up communication with your coach/boss. You can't just go MIA for weeks and expect to come back.

The mental health issue is not why he was let go. Not communicating or showing up is.
    That's fine. But don't send a release to media saying you are MH trained and care about MH then in private you're cursing a player who is saying he is having a MH crisis and calling him female genitalia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    That's fine. But don't send a release to media saying you are MH trained and care about MH then in private you're cursing a player who is saying he is having a MH crisis and calling him female genitalia.
    I agree, the PR stunt was a little odd and seems like an act of guilty conscience.

I do think he was referring to his actions of not communicating and just disappearing with the female genitalia. Bit harsh and not good timing.

vCash
    I agree, the PR stunt was a little odd and seems like an act of guilty conscience.

I do think he was referring to his actions of not communicating and just disappearing with the female genitalia. Bit harsh and not good timing.

And this reporter today said Jackson Dart praised their mental health program for his quick decision making on the field. Just out of nowhere. Unprompted.

What?
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 09-15-2023 at 05:03 PM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

Banned
    vCash

This has been brewing for four months and that mental health thing was 2 months ago. Sounds like they tried to get ahead of it. Lmao what ****ing twats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    This has been brewing for four months and that mental health thing was 2 months ago. Sounds like they tried to get ahead of it. Lmao what ****ing twats.
    Yep. That's their textbook way. Try to spin the narrative through the media

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C&DDAWG32 View Post
    These kids are getting paid now. It's a job. Show up to work or get fired.
    Dam. 17ing. Right.

NIL. The wanted it, they got it. It's the real world now just like the rest of us. College athletes in many ways had a better deal before NIL. Many of the same benefits but couldn't be called publicly over the "pay" the "weren't getting."

But still...GTHOM
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    And this reporter today said Jackson Dart praised their mental health program for his quick decision making on the field. Just out of nowhere. Unprompted.

What?
    It's transparent as hell, lol. So ****ing obvious.