Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just for the record Delaura doesn?t score

vCash

Just for the record Delaura doesn?t score

The sneak before half was no good. Just watched it in slow mo and Pickering stood him up. They made a little surge towards to goal line but you can see his helmet through the whole play and it never got to the goal line. He was standing straight up in the scrum and once he started falling to the endzone, Pickering was falling the other way with the ball. Huge call and glad it didn?t bite us. Would have been a huge momentum swing back to us after giving up a terrible deep ball. Should have been another turnover and really a stupid play by Delaura.

vCash
    I couldn't see shit from that play. I thought maybe the refs made a projected TD call on it, though.

vCash
    I admittedly haven't broken it down like you have, but I really assumed he did probably score but there was no evidence either way, so the call would stand

Agree though he did a lot of dumb shit and it ultimately cost them the game

vCash
    I agree he never crossed the goal line and we took the ball away. He was stood up from the get go and only went forward a little when he started getting pushed.

ETA unless you?re alabama no way that call gets overturned
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 09-13-2023 at 07:19 PM.

vCash
    Somebody get a screen shot and show us what you're pointing at.

vCash
    https://youtu.be/Bd66hirRxtg?si=fu5-ncOMRBSZ-p_I

Fast forward to 12:40 and you can watch it.

vCash
    It looked to me like De Laura got turned around with his back to the goal line. He's trying to fall backwards but other than his helmet crossing the goal line, the ball does not. It was stripped before he could get it over the line. The PAC 12 refs were not going to overturn that one. And we need to thank Coach Brock for giving them hell on that final play in OT. He saw De Laura didn't make it. He was right there at the sticks. He saw the line judge signal 1st down and MOVE THE BALL to the first down marker and lost his shit.

vCash
    I can’t do the picture thing but his helmet stays right behind Russell’s or to the left of it(away from the goal). He was stood straight up and the camera is straight down the line. I know you can’t see the ball but it’s in his right arm and at some point he’s facing the camera(which makes the ball farther away from goal). I know the refs probably can’t change the call but I don’t believe he gets in. Refs probably shouldnt have called TD to begin with.

Edit: Also watch the far side ref. He has no clue. He runs in from the other side and sees Delaura laying in the endzone so he calls TD. Meanwhile the ball has been long gone and back on the ground with Pickering. Terrible for the ref to not check for the ball!!
    Last edited by Bdawg; 09-13-2023 at 08:06 PM.

vCash
    They signaled TD because he fell into the endzone with his back to the line judge. Only the line judge didn't know he no longer possessed a football. It was a bush league call. But now they had on field call of TD and couldn't find evidence to overturn it.

If the right call had been made, before or after review, that game would've gone very differently from that point and all of y'all would be wooly as hell

We're still gonna beat LSU anyway.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    They signaled TD because he fell into the endzone with his back to the line judge. Only the line judge didn't know he no longer possessed a football. It was a bush league call. But now they had on field call of TD and couldn't find evidence to overturn it.

If the right call had been made, before or after review, that game would've gone very differently from that point and all of y'all would be wooly as hell

We're still gonna beat LSU anyway.
    Exactly! I edited my second post talking about the ref. Just watch him. The ball had been long gone before he signaled TD. Huge momentum call right there against our team before half

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I agree he never crossed the goal line and we took the ball away. He was stood up from the get go and only went forward a little when he started getting pushed.

ETA unless you?re alabama no way that call gets overturned
    This. Completely

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Exactly! I edited my second post talking about the ref. Just watch him. The ball had been long gone before he signaled TD. Huge momentum call right there against our team before half
    It was the red from the opposite side. He saw the body in and assumed he had the ball. Which he didn't

vCash
    They just assumed the ball crossed the plane before he fell over it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    It was the red from the opposite side. He saw the body in and assumed he had the ball. Which he didn't
    Yep. 100!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    They just assumed the ball crossed the plane before he fell over it.
    Yep, he finally saw the QB laying there across the line on the ground and threw his hands up. Pickering had the ball at the time he started to fall towards the goal. Bad call by the ref not finding the ball first.

vCash
    Also, he was pulled into the endzone by an OL. That's a penalty. You can push (which is stupid, it's just as dangerous as pulling) but you can't pull.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Also, he was pulled into the endzone by an OL. That's a penalty. You can push (which is stupid, it's just as dangerous as pulling) but you can't pull.
    Ha. That is stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Both used to be a penalty and still should be. It?s dangerous as heck when everyone starts piling on.

vCash
    And nobody is talking about forward momentum being stopped well before he even had a chance to cross the goal. Whistle should have been blown 5 seconds before they signaled TD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    And nobody is talking about forward momentum being stopped well before he even had a chance to cross the goal. Whistle should have been blown 5 seconds before they signaled TD.
    Right he never even had forward progress until the ol started pushing and pulling him. He was stood up and stoned from the get go.