Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Got to stop with the Barbay blame game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    I am 100% convinced, we have fans who would rather go 7-5 playing their preferred style of ball, than go 10-2 with a style they don't agree with.
    What style do MSU fans prefer? Cause over the years we've hated Jackie's offense cause we didn't pass enough to take advantage of Moulds and then wasting Jerious Norwood; hated Crooms for multiple reasons; hated Dan for Tyler Russell being a statue, Holloway up the middle and for Fitz for running too much; hated JoMo's RP-No; detested Leach'e air raid until he died (at which point we then wanted more air raid); and now hate Barbay.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    What style do MSU fans prefer? Cause over the years we've hated Jackie's offense cause we didn't pass enough to take advantage of Moulds and then wasting Jerious Norwood; hated Crooms for multiple reasons; hated Dan for Tyler Russell being a statue, Holloway up the middle and for Fitz for running too much; hated JoMo's RP-No; detested Leach'e air raid until he died (at which point we then wanted more air raid); and now hate Barbay.
    It's the MSU Fan Psychosis, hate what we are doing at the moment.

vCash
    It?s almost like ?MSU fans? are actually a lot of different people with different opinions. There isn?t an offense in the world that everyone agrees is best for that personnel, and unhappy people are more motivated to bitch on a message board than happy people are to sing a coaching staffs praises

vCash
    What style do MSU fans prefer?
    I'm taking about on an individual fan basis. There is no style for the whole fanbase, there are different camps, hence this trend.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Hate the offense, love QB 2
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Nailed it. We have literally ran every offense from the wishbone to the air raid and every single time it's been hated at the moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    I am 100% convinced, we have fans who would rather go 7-5 playing their preferred style of ball, than go 10-2 with a style they don't agree with.
    Yep. We have fans that would rather lose with ground and pound than win with throwing the ball.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Yep. We have fans that would rather lose with ground and pound than win with throwing the ball.
    He was including you in his statement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    How many times we run vs how many we pass is irrelevant to me. It's how we do it. We put Wright in as QB and he never runs one time. Maybe he tried once and got blown up but 99% of the time he handed it off. My fat ass could do that. Sooner or later he's got to try a forward pass. And don't put Will out as receiver. Nobody thinks the ball will ever be thrown to him. If it were he'd probably slide down before the ball got to him. Put another receiver on the field to force the defense to burn a guy covering him making it harder to contain Wright when he runs.
    Lmao...@slide down. I could literally see that happening with him.

vCash
    I don't think so, because you aren't winning 10 games with the offense Barbay put on the field against Arizona, period.

vCash
    He's not smart enough to figure that out, and too stubborn to believe it anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    He's not smart enough to figure that out, and too stubborn to believe it anyway.
    Got to love this idea that I'm not smart enough considering the fact that everything I told you about Kevin Barbay and his offense is being proven true. In fact, I can't think of anything I said in the off season that has turned out to be incorrect. From my statement that Barbay runs a pro style offense that many people tried to argue with me over, to the fact that he is a run heavy play caller, to the fact that Will Rogers would be the first scapegoat when the offense struggles. All of that has happened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    As someone that does the same job he does on a lower level- I know what it's like to have someone in your ear constantly saying "let's run the ball coach- and shorten the game". It's part of the job and you deal with it. At no time in my career have I ever had someone say into my headset- "We need to start throwing the ball a little more". I believe 100% Arnett got in Barb's ear and told him to run the ball to shorten the game after we had to play D for 18 plays. I've heard it in my ear a 100 times from defensive minded coaches I've worked with. No HC is shy about voicing what they want the offense to do. If Arnett had wanted more passes to be thrown on Sat- there would have been.

Barbay is 13-14 years younger than I am and has grown up in the Spread Offense Era. You dont find many overly conservative guys 40 or younger today. And just by going off the numbers- Barbay's offenses:

2021- QB's couldnt run- 34.5 passes per game
    2022- QB wasnt real mobile but ran just a little- 27.5 passes per game
    2023? QB is a statue and 2 games in we are at 23 passes per.

I'm very curious as to what we will see Saturday because this will tell us what "they" want the offense to look like. You go into the season knowing you will beat SELA and also figure you wont have to show alot to beat Arizona (altho they certainly upgraded on D thru the portal). You plan to show what you got in Week 3 vs an SEC Big Dawg. We have lost our top TE already, Robinson hasnt been full speed, and Whitt is still a baby learning whats going on. So I get what could be some hesitancy to call as many passes so far. But I dont excuse it.

Saturday should tell us alot.
    Arnett is covering for Barbay. It is what it is

vCash
    I think we just hate sucking at offense. I definitely didn't like Mullen never testing 1 on 1 outside (besides derunya). Our defense always seems to be serviceable if we have a decent coach. On O we hire a legend and are still pedestrian.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Arnett is covering for Barbay. It is what it is
    That was my thought. The one drive where arnett said he told KB to run the ball doesn't even matter. We marched down the field and scored a TD that was called back by holding and then missed a FG. Nobody is upset with KB about that drive.

The issue was the second half play calling once they took away the run.

vCash
    Got to love this idea that I'm not smart enough considering the fact that everything I told you about Kevin Barbay and his offense is being proven true. In fact, I can't think of anything I said in the off season that has turned out to be incorrect. From my statement that Barbay runs a pro style offense that many people tried to argue with me over, to the fact that he is a run heavy play caller, to the fact that Will Rogers would be the first scapegoat when the offense struggles. All of that has happened.
    Go kick some rocks and pound sand. Literally the only thing you've been right about is Barbary running more than throwing and not many disagreed with you.

Senior Member SpaceWranglerDawg's Avatar
    vCash
    Question. What would make yall happy? Who could be in that spot, what scheme, so on and so forth would make people happy?

It just seems everybody has the perfect recipe of how it should be.

vCash
    I don't think so, because you aren't winning 10 games with the offense Barbay put on the field against Arizona, period.
    Yeah, he wasn't talking about Barbay's offense either. It was a completely general statement and you have no self awareness to understand it was directed at you and others like you who worship a scheme, a certain coach, play calling ratio., etc. over our team winning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceWranglerDawg View Post
    Question. What would make yall happy? Who could be in that spot, what scheme, so on and so forth would make people happy?

It just seems everybody has the perfect recipe of how it should be.
    Better play calling with taking a few chances throwing down the field.

vCash
    I agree. No way do I think Arnett is telling him to be conservative. We are way to vanilla on offense.