Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Everyone that said some of us were overreacting to the scheme change.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    And what good is Wright when Parson is probably better at all aspects of the game just lacking experience.
    God I love unbridled optimism. Kid hasn't played a single snap and is better than a QB that beat Florida with Vandy last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    KB? Ha. I don't believe that. Plus we had a couple that were big on running the spread that hated to see the AR work when it did.
    I didnt love the air raid, but I thought if we incorporated run concepts that other Leach proteges had, that our offense could really take off.

Instead of doing that, we have literally switched offenses. He have passed the ball 46 times and rushed it 78 times. That is roughly 63/37 run pass split. Throw in the fact that 10 of those passes were to RB's, we have only thrown the ball 36 times to WR/TE in two games against inferior opponents. I'm not even counting the WR screens or quick "passes" to WR's that are running sweeps and "catch" a handoff.

vCash
    I think KB may have been right. I'm not sure we have the talent to run this type offense. The air raid didn't always work, but it could get you back in the game in a hurry. I don't think we could have ever won the Auburn game in '21 after being down 28-10 without Rogers accurate passing in the air raid to win the game. Hope I'm proved wrong about this offense.