Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning Thoughts

vCash

Sunday Morning Thoughts

After taking the night and morning to calm down and maybe sober up a little I am still pissed.

1. We won. That is the positive.

2. Barbay needs to figure his shit out. I said it, along with many others, that either we need to tailor the offense to what Will can do and maybe sprinkle in a bit of what Barbay runs normally or we need to put Wright in full time.

3. Brock needs to figure our back end out and realize that you do in fact have to cover backs out of the backfield.

4. It may be time to for Arnett to take over defensive play calling duties. Brock could not figure out that when we brought pressure it was flustering De Laura. Instead we blitzed 4 and let him run around back there until a receiver got open.

5. We have to learn to break down and take better angles.

6. Hey Barbay, Creed Whittemore is on your team. Zavion Thomas is on your team. Be just great if we could get them on the field and get them the ball.

7. If we can figure our shit out then our goals are still there. The SEC West is as wide open as it will ever be.

vCash
    Won’t have to worry about Whittemore touches after this season if Barbay keeps this up. We are gonna be right back where we were as a 2 star receiver program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    Won’t have to worry about Whittemore touches after this season if Barbay keeps this up. We are gonna be right back where we were as a 2 star receiver program.
    Afraid you are correct Rock.

vCash
    Will missed two open receivers. That's unacceptable for a fourth year starter. I's 28-0 if Will hits those two receivers. Barbay's game plan was shit. He's had far better game plans in his resume. I don't know if he's holding back trying to vanilla the first two OOC games. Arnett mentioned last week in his weekly presser about being too vanilla at times on defense. I assume we are also fairly vanilla on offense. That mindset means nothing if we come out against LSU and still can't execute or Will over throws open receivers. Not trying to target Creed on a 3rd and short or 4th down was CRIMINAL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    After taking the night and morning to calm down and maybe sober up a little I am still pissed.

1. We won. That is the positive.

2. Barbay needs to figure his shit out. I said it, along with many others, that either we need to tailor the offense to what Will can do and maybe sprinkle in a bit of what Barbay runs normally or we need to put Wright in full time.

3. Brock needs to figure our back end out and realize that you do in fact have to cover backs out of the backfield.

4. It may be time to for Arnett to take over defensive play calling duties. Brock could not figure out that when we brought pressure it was flustering De Laura. Instead we blitzed 4 and let him run around back there until a receiver got open.

5. We have to learn to break down and take better angles.

6. Hey Barbay, Creed Whittemore is on your team. Zavion Thomas is on your team. Be just great if we could get them on the field and get them the ball.

7. If we can figure our shit out then our goals are still there. The SEC West is as wide open as it will ever be.
    Pretty good assessment..... looking back in hindsight I'm giving Leach more credit than I did before.... although I was not a big Leach fan originally (not saying I thought he was terrible or anything- just that his system could be better) .... I have very little faith in this coaching staff.... and I will no longer defend our current QB .... I know it's only the second game but I expect next week's meltdown to dwarf this week.... prepare yourselves because it's gonna be a long rough season.... I think our bowl streak may be in jeopardy
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    That's right. We will have a massive transferring out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Pretty good assessment..... looking back in hindsight I'm giving Leach more credit than I did before.... although I was not a big Leach fan originally (not saying I thought he was terrible or anything- just that his system could be better) .... I have very little faith in this coaching staff.... and I will no longer defend our current QB .... I know it's only the second game but I expect next week's meltdown to dwarf this week.... prepare yourselves because it's gonna be a long rough season.... I think our bowl streak may be in jeopardy
    Luckily for us, the rest of the SEC West seems to be down as well. So we may win a couple we do not usually win.

vCash
    I don’t understand why we can’t just have a normal passing game. Kiffin draws plays in the dirt and gets guys wide open. They got a transfer from La Tech who’s putting up big numbers.

We had to sell out for putting up big numbers by throwing 75 passes a game. Now we try to switch it up and are back to caveman football. I don’t understand why we can’t get ONE guy in here that knows how offensive football works.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Will missed two open receivers. That's unacceptable for a fourth year starter. I's 28-0 if Will hits those two receivers. Barbay's game plan was shit. He's had far better game plans in his resume. I don't know if he's holding back trying to vanilla the first two OOC games. Arnett mentioned last week in his weekly presser about being too vanilla at times on defense. I assume we are also fairly vanilla on offense. That mindset means nothing if we come out against LSU and still can't execute or Will over throws open receivers. Not trying to target Creed on a 3rd and short or 4th down was CRIMINAL.
    On Barbay, there's 3 options. From best case to worse case:

1) Barbay just had a 1 off AWFUL game. If true, we're fine going forward.

2) Barbay is struggling to figure out how to use a running QB that can't throw it accurately (or maybe can't grasp the offense?) and a throwing QB that can't run and honestly ain't all that passing either. Both QBs are extremely limited and maybe Barbay is stuck in confusion about how to use them. If true, we will probably get better moving forward as he does figure out what works.

3) Barbay was always an idiot, and the App. State HC had his hand in that offense to make it work. If true, our bowl streak is going down because CZA doesn't have the offensive background to be able to effectively micromanage the O.

vCash
    If this is what the offensive philosophy will look like moving forward, we are playing the wrong guy at QB. That's just fact. Bringing in Wright to simply hand it off is completely ridiculous. Wright carried the ball for nearly 100 yards in game 1 and he doesn't even get a carry until the 4th quarter last night and everyone in the stadium knew he was about to keep it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post

2) Barbay is struggling to figure out how to use a running QB that can't throw it accurately (or maybe can't grasp the offense?) and a throwing QB that can't run and honestly ain't all that passing either. Both QBs are extremely limited and maybe Barbay is stuck in confusion about how to use them. If true, we will probably get better moving forward as he does figure out what works.

3) Barbay was always an idiot, and the App. State HC had his hand in that offense to make it work. If true, our bowl streak is going down because CZA doesn't have the offensive background to be able to effectively micromanage the O.
    I think it is a mix of 2 and 3. I think he is struggling to figure out how to properly use Will. I think he would prefer to use Wright but knows that he cannot replace Will so he is still trying to figure out the offense. I also think his offense at App State was the HC micromanaging things.

vCash
    Every starting QB in college and the NFL miss receivers without exceptions. Rogers was 75% yesterday on plays that Barbary called. He accounted for 162 yards and averaged 9.5 yards per pass.

Instead of taking passes away (that resulted in them keying on the run game.) adding 12 passes would have resulted in opening up the run game more.

vCash

I'm hoping it's not #3 or we are totally ****ed. Shawn Clark at App State is not an Xs and Os kind of guy. He was an OL coach with zero play calling experience.

We got Arizona's A+ game with a very competent head coach in Jed Fisch. Barbay grossly underestimated what we were going to see out of Arizona's defense. And kudos to AZ for the portal upgrades.

I'm still pissed at Will for missing two open receivers for touchdowns. Mr. Fourth Year Passing Record Holder CANNOT miss those. 28-0 and we have a totally different ball game.

vCash

No. He totally screwed up last night and refused to adapt in the game. They had their ears pinned back for the run and coming after the QB and he leaves no back in to help block that rush. If he can not figure out to use the Rbs and speed at WR he is an idiot.

vCash
    Got a 5 star receiver in our backyard that watched that abomination last night. Going to be pat Patterson all over again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    Every starting QB in college and the NFL miss receivers without exceptions. Rogers was 75% yesterday on plays that Barbary called. He accounted for 162 yards and averaged 9.5 yards per pass.

Instead of taking passes away (that resulted in them keying on the run game.) adding 12 passes would have resulted in opening up the run game more.
    Will can't miss two open receivers as a fourth year starter, not when your P5 opponent is treating it like their Super Bowl. I guarantee you they started practicing against us in the Spring. We got their A+ game and barely survived. Barbay's play calling in the 4th quarter was va-jay-jay worthy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    No. He totally screwed up last night and refused to adapt in the game. They had their ears pinned back for the run and coming after the QB and he leaves no back in to help block that rush. If he can not figure out to use the Rbs and speed at WR he is an idiot.
    And Barbay was very fortunate that the defense got all those turnovers or this could have been a true disaster
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Will can't miss two open receivers as a fourth year starter, not when your P5 opponent is treating it like their Super Bowl. I guarantee you they started practicing against us in the Spring. We got their A+ game and barely survived. Barbay's play calling in the 4th quarter was va-jay-jay worthy.
    If Arizona A plus game includes 5 turnovers then I wonder what their C or even F game would look like? Geez

vCash
    Their A+ game is a bunch of penalties and 5 turnovers and a couple dropped passes?

We got their B game. B+ at the most

vCash
    No, any QB can and will miss some. The issue lies with the person not allowing a 76% passer to get in a rhythm. He has the plays, he stated they have the plays..... he just isn't using them.