Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What I saw tonight

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I can't believe there isn't any much discussion on how the refs f'd us on the QB sneak play. They only showed it once, but the overhead/endzone replay showed Delaura did not make it in AND that it was fumbled.
    He absolutely made it. YOu could see his legs, both knees were at the line. The front of his chest (where the ball was) was over the line

Regardless, the fact we let them drive right down the field and get 1st and goal from the 1 with 17s left is the big problem there, not the inch by inch result of the next play.

vCash
    Yes we could run the ball effectively, but we have to pass it too. Tulu needs more touches, and if we?re going to recruit and play TE?s they need to be involved with the passing game as well. I think last night was an overall bust offensively like the majority, but our defensive play calling was not very appealing either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    Yes we could run the ball effectively, but we have to pass it too. Tulu needs more touches, and if we?re going to recruit and play TE?s they need to be involved with the passing game as well. I think last night was an overall bust offensively like the majority, but our defensive play calling was not very appealing either.
    Frankly, I don't think Will knows what to do with the TEs. It's like driving an automatic most of your life and then you're put into a standard. Now you have to remember to use the clutch when you shift gears.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Refs? REFS? We're playing a team that was 3-6 in the PAC last year and predicted to go 4-8 this year and is made up of Kentucky's backups. They turned the ball over FIVE TIMES and we had homefield advantage and it went to OT and came down to a 6" difference in the spot. Zona also got flagged a good bit

No, the refs were not the problem. It's both pathetic to spread that narrative and a waste of time as we can't control the refs
    I agree. It's embarrassing to even mention the referees. We were the recipients of 5 turnovers and won in OT against a very bad team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Refs? REFS? We're playing a team that was 3-6 in the PAC last year and predicted to go 4-8 this year and is made up of Kentucky's backups. They turned the ball over FIVE TIMES and we had homefield advantage and it went to OT and came down to a 6" difference in the spot. Zona also got flagged a good bit

No, the refs were not the problem. It's both pathetic to spread that narrative and a waste of time as we can't control the refs
    Nailed it again. Last night was total bullshit.