Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Football attendance

vCash

Football attendance

Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 09-06-2023 at 02:46 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    https://twitter.com/SportsTalkMiss/s...33522073583746

Sorry if this has already been talked about but is this true about $6 dollar tickets for Arizona? I also noticed the upper parts of the stadium wasn't full for the SLU game but figured it was because of who we were playing.

In recent years our numbers seem to be dipping from an attendance standpoint. Other than Covid, does anyone know the reason?
    We're not a football school.

vCash
    Dude in the comments brought up a good point about the parking at the stadium.

vCash
    Bc, on the whole, our fanbase doesn't think coming to football games is a priority.

vCash
    There was a time our football stadium was packed even of we played a lower tier CUSA type team. I hate to see our fan support dwindling down, recruits pay attention to that.

vCash
    not sure about others but the cost of Gameday has kept me from going to games recently.....I used to take the family to games all the time up until the past say 3-4 years and could do so cause I could afford it. These days with everything being sky high I have to settle for watching at home.... Which is sad cause I know my young son 4 would absolutely love it. But as a low middle income family I cant afford to spend $250 (tickets given to me free) - $500(paying for tickets) a game and that not even staying the night thats driving 2 hours to the game .......

vCash
    I know that college football attendance last year suffered it's 10th straight year of declining attendance. Tickets prices, gas, etc.. have all skyrocketed, every game is televised or streamed(even 90% of high school games now), only 6-8 teams have a legit chance to win the nc, and the list goes on and on. Most average folks would rather stay in the comfort of their own home, watch football all day long, eat and be merry without the hassle of costs and parking. It's why attendance is down all over the country for cfb, not just us. Now as for me and mine, all 10 of my family, their spouses, a boyfriend, grand daughter, and one not out of the womb yet will be in attendance this saturday.

ETA. Middle class has been pretty much priced out of attending games
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 09-06-2023 at 02:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BorneDawg View Post
    not sure about others but the cost of Gameday has kept me from going to games recently.....I used to take the family to games all the time up until the past say 3-4 years and could do so cause I could afford it. These days with everything being sky high I have to settle for watching at home.... Which is sad cause I know my young son 4 would absolutely love it. But as a low middle income family I cant afford to spend $250 (tickets given to me free) - $500(paying for tickets) a game and that not even staying the night thats driving 2 hours to the game .......
    Lot of folks in the same boat, brother! When you have to decide between providing for your family vs the cost of sports, family always wins. Been there myself before.

vCash
    I, for one was not impressed that we "sold out "our 40K season tickets which also included student tickets unless I read it wrong. Who fills the other 21K seats? Price of season tickets, seat fees, Bulldog Club dues, travel, lodging if necessary ... They are also sticking fans on concessions again. They are bound to be making a fortune off $9 or so beers. The Game Day Experience has also deteriorated the last couple of years. My family couldn't continue our our 55 year streak if not blessed by arrangements made by late SuperDog Dad. Now NIL $ is also needed. Now ESPN is losing $. They are killing the regular fans and the bubble is about to burst with the no rules NIL/Portal mess making a bigger gap with the "Blue Bloods".

vCash
    Cousin Shane on “that sec podcast” brought up an interesting point and that being that as much as I love Arnett currently he isn’t the most charismatic podium guy. Thus the fan fair and media isn’t as hyped as it could be at this point. The excitement is going to have to come from the product on the field. I hope that to be true and we are 4-0 heading into bama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    I, for one was not impressed that we "sold out "our 40K season tickets which also included student tickets unless I read it wrong. Who fills the other 21K seats? Price of season tickets, seat fees, Bulldog Club dues, travel, lodging if necessary ... They are also sticking fans on concessions again. They are bound to be making a fortune off $9 or so beers. The Game Day Experience has also deteriorated the last couple of years. My family couldn't continue our our 55 year streak if not blessed by arrangements made by late SuperDog Dad. Now NIL $ is also needed. Now ESPN is losing $. They are killing the regular fans and the bubble is about to burst with the no rules NIL/Portal mess making a bigger gap with the "Blue Bloods".
    Well said, my man!

vCash
    As for the $9.00 beer price, I told young family and friends that sit behind us at least they could brag they drank about $60.00 worth of beer and didn't even get cop a buzz!***

vCash
    Commerce is right, attendance is down everywhere. I also think COVID showed people they were fine not going to as many things, and attendance for everything has lagged since.

vCash
    Eight home games so everyone saved up for the Arizona game

vCash
    Agree on others comments. Cost in a poor economy and also trend is down for years for everyone.

I was there last Saturday and there were too many open seats in season ticket locations.

However one plus was the students turned out big time and stayed for the most part. Great job students. Student tickets sold out this year. One change needs to happen going into next year is have more student tickets to wrap behind and around band. I think with student enrollment up we can fill it. Never understood not surrounding the band.

We don't need as many grownup seating any more.

The economic correction is happening. The NIL bubble will not continue to swell for anyone either. Folks can talk about it all they want. There is only so much money and many are out to show up. I support my team by showing up.

vCash
    I’ve no desire to sit in the nosebleeds and watch the game on a Jumbotron when I can float in my pool with a beer in my hand while ribs are on the smoker and projecting the game on a 120” screen. If I go to a game I’m dropping $500+ because I want gridiron passes. And I’m not going to do that every game.

vCash
    I agree with Bornedawg and CC. Plus, as I have said in other posts, the whole NIL/Scholarship (Ammeter/Pro) status is also turning a lot of people off and causing us to not want to spend $250 - $500 a game.

vCash
    Chair back the stadium & quit stonewalling. This will help with fan experience & also help with stadium not looking so empty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Agree on others comments. Cost in a poor economy and also trend is down for years for everyone.

I was there last Saturday and there were too many open seats in season ticket locations.

However one plus was the students turned out big time and stayed for the most part. Great job students. Student tickets sold out this year. One change needs to happen going into next year is have more student tickets to wrap behind and around band. I think with student enrollment up we can fill it. Never understood not surrounding the band.

We don't need as many grownup seating any more.

The economic correction is happening. The NIL bubble will not continue to swell for anyone either. Folks can talk about it all they want. There is only so much money and many are out to show up. I support my team by showing up.
    The NIL will end up ruining college football except for about 10-20 colleges. Maybe then we will get back to true amateur sports. I really miss it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    The NIL will end up ruining college football except for about 10-20 colleges. Maybe then we will get back to true amateur sports. I really miss it.
    Agree.

And I am tired of people telling me how to spend my money and that selling your first born is the only way to win now.

This is what you get when greed on all sides is out of control. Everybody can't be rich - coaches, players, etc. then the fans are poor. The poor fans are about to get tired of being poor.