Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How long is the leash?

vCash
    It?s not a leash but I think we will have a legit two QB system before it?s all over. Even with whatever improvements Mike made passing over the summer Will is far and away going to be the better passer. It?s smart to make defenses have to prepare for both. Play the hot hand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    It?s not a leash but I think we will have a legit two QB system before it?s all over. Even with whatever improvements Mike made passing over the summer Will is far and away going to be the better passer. It?s smart to make defenses have to prepare for both. Play the hot hand.
    We have a 2 QB system this year like it or not. Will is starter and MW is change of pace guy. How much he might do is TBD. But this we know is that he is gonna run. I think he ends up passing some too later. If he produces, I can see him completing a drive.

Not a QB controversy at all right now but could it become one? You bet if certain things happen.

vCash
    Wright definitely brings a nice QB running game to the table, but we have not seen him attempt a pass. Will has the starting job barring an injury for a reason. I think we see Will play better on Saturday. Hard to evaluate against FCS teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    We have a 2 QB system this year like it or not. Will is starter and MW is change of pace guy. How much he might do is TBD. But this we know is that he is gonna run. I think he ends up passing some too later. If he produces, I can see him completing a drive.

Not a QB controversy at all right now but could it become one? You bet if certain things happen.
    Matt Wyatt just said in his YouTube video that we will have a two QB system. We are going to make DCs prepare for both QBs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Matt Wyatt just said in his YouTube video that we will have a two QB system. We are going to make DCs prepare for both QBs.
    That makes the most sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    This. There is a reason that Wright came in immediately in the first quarter when we were struggling. The best thing is that Will has no choice but to improve and he knows it and I honestly expect him to respond.
    Do you think that the entire first quarter's offense wasn't scripted beforehand?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceWranglerDawg View Post
    Do you think that Rogers would still be out there if there was an option that's better? .
    For Game 1? Yes 100%

For Game 5? No
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Wright definitely brings a nice QB running game to the table, but we have not seen him attempt a pass. Will has the starting job barring an injury for a reason. I think we see Will play better on Saturday. Hard to evaluate against FCS teams.
    Yes, we have seen him pass. At Vandy last year and the spring game this year. He is a capable passer, elite runner.

vCash
    I'm afraid we are going to see this coming weekend that a change needs to be made. Hope it doesn't cost us the game.

Also so many people have mentioned we are saving MW throwing for LSU. You think if a bunch of message board posters think it the LSU coaching staff doesn't realize that possibility? Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    I'm afraid we are going to see this coming weekend that a change needs to be made. Hope it doesn't cost us the game.

Also so many people have mentioned we are saving MW throwing for LSU. You think if a bunch of message board posters think it the LSU coaching staff doesn't realize that possibility? Lol
    Of course they are thinking about it. That's the point. But after last night LSU has bigger fish to fry. That defense got slap wore out before the fourth quarter. FSU's RBs were just gashing them up the middle in the fourth quarter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post

LSU's going to be like "who is that guy"?**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Not a chance in hell. Let the offense struggle in a couple of games with us losing them and a change will be made.

People for some reason think there was an actual QB competition in camp and they chose Rogers. No. That didnt happen. A new HC and OC had no choice but to start Rogers regardless of the performance of the QB's in camp. There was no way they could replace Rogers in the beginning. It would be a PR nightmare for them.

I'm in no way saying a change needs to be made or will be made. However, if the offense struggles- then you can bet they will want to put the guy in there that can run the ball and force the defense to account for him also in the run game.
    100% agree on all this! I think Rogers will be fine BUT if he can?t get it done CZA will give Wright a shot. CZA didn?t take the job to make players happy and be their friend he?s here to win. Notice he benched furdge in second half and went with Decarlos because Furdge blew some coverages and gave up td pass.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    100% agree on all this! I think Rogers will be fine BUT if he can?t get it done CZA will give Wright a shot. CZA didn?t take the job to make players happy and be their friend he?s here to win. Notice he benched furdge in second half and went with Decarlos because Furdge blew some coverages and gave up td pass.
    Smells a lot like the fanbase is about to sound a lot like the Tyson Lee / Chris Relf debates.

Rogers is far and away a better QB than Lee, but the fanbase (myself included) treats him closer to Lee. Whether it's fair or not, Will hasn't been the reason we won a game since Auburn 2021. He was a large reason for the loss to LSU in 22, didn't really do anything against Kentucky 22', and was not at fault for being overmatched against Bama/Georgia. It's what have you done for me lately and he just hasn't impressed.

vCash
    Well I know I am the resident negative Nellie but at one point in the first half, the memory of Tech and 10 flashed through my mind as I watched our offense struggle against a directional school. And please don?t come I hear with that bs that SELA is better than the clowns our other conference brethren slaughtered because there is absolutely no way of knowing that without them playing each other. SELA looked like a paper lion.

Pre-Season Accolades are always BS. For reference
    see Tigers, El. Es. You.
    and Gators, You. EF.

vCash
    I know they're not going to make a major change if Will is getting the job done. Wright will probably be a change of pace guy as mentioned. But I wish they would let him have a full series at some point in the games. Will could get hurt and Wight would be better prepared by playing a little more. And it also serves in changing the pace.

We will know more about how it goes over the next 2 weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Not a chance in hell. Let the offense struggle in a couple of games with us losing them and a change will be made.

People for some reason think there was an actual QB competition in camp and they chose Rogers. No. That didnt happen. A new HC and OC had no choice but to start Rogers regardless of the performance of the QB's in camp. There was no way they could replace Rogers in the beginning. It would be a PR nightmare for them.

I'm in no way saying a change needs to be made or will be made. However, if the offense struggles- then you can bet they will want to put the guy in there that can run the ball and force the defense to account for him also in the run game.
    The entitlement that some are showing in this thread for Will is disturbing. Seems like some would rather start Will, regardless, even if it's not best for winning games
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    If Will isn't going to throw the ball down the field, then his "better passing" is fairly useless
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I would love for someone to explain to me how the LSU game was Wills fault haha. We repeatedly asked a tackle to do something he could not do and it nearly got Will broken in half. Our boy Rara dropped a game sealing TD in the 2nd half over the middle and Rufus and Ducking all had key drops. Not to mention Austin Williams muffing the punt.

Then again that argument is as stupid as all the rest I have read here.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I would love for someone to explain to me how the LSU game was Wills fault haha. We repeatedly asked a tackle to do something he could not do and it nearly got Will broken in half. Our boy Rara dropped a game sealing TD in the 2nd half over the middle and Rufus and Ducking all had key drops. Not to mention Austin Williams muffing the punt.

Didn't check out of short yardage stacked boxes and let his RBs get blown up. He wasn't the only reason mind you. Lots of blame to go around. But he was a large reason himself. And he's one of the only ones still on the team this year left.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post

I'm still confused as to why a lot of MSU fans are shocked that we lost to LSU in the road last year.

It's only like the most difficult environment to play in perhaps the entire country.