Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How long is the leash?

vCash

How long is the leash?

If we start out like we did against SELA next Saturday against Arizona, how long before you make a QB change? 1 series? 1 quarter? 1 half? Or let it ride? If you do change, do you stick with Wright or do you go to a 2 QB game plan?

vCash
    QB wasn't the problem. Damn, some of you fools just don't give up.

vCash
    How long is the leash? ... about 13 games.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I edited to add, Will is a captain. Will is our general out there. We will go as far as he can take us. I hope the light turns on for him. Let?s go.
    Last edited by Lord McBuckethead; 09-03-2023 at 10:34 PM.

vCash
    I can?t imagine going through life blindly following someone. If you are content with the QB play in the first half Saturday then you deserve a losing season.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    QB wasn't the problem. Damn, some of you fools just don't give up.

vCash
    There is no leash. Will Rogers is QB1 for every game barring an injury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    I can?t imagine going through life blindly following someone. If you are content with the QB play in the first half Saturday then you deserve a losing season.
    You are arguing with COOTERPOOT. It’s not like you are philosophizing with Socrates.

vCash
    Bless you heart

vCash
    I need to see Wright throw a pass first before anything.

Otherwise no way do I not start Will this week barring injury or illness.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I need to see Wright throw a pass first before anything.
    I assume the coaching staff has seen Wright throw a pass in practice sessions. And they chose Will.

vCash
    Will is the starter, period. He will be QB1 all season long.

Now, with that said, we are rope a doping LSU's DC with Wright only running the ball. Barbay never let Wright attempt some passes even when it was late in the game and we winning handily. I'm sure we are going to see some run/pass options for Wright in the LSU game.

vCash
    How long is the leash? It will be as long as the LSU D-line allows it to be. If they get penetration like they did the first half last night, we won't be able to get off a pass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    I assume the coaching staff has seen Wright throw a pass in practice sessions. And they chose Will.
    That is the assumption I am also making

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    That is the assumption I am also making
    I?m under the opinion they are doing the right thing and letting the 3 year starter either win or lose the job on the field. Basically the leash is long enough for him hang himself.

vCash
    If we start out like we did against SELA next Saturday against Arizona, how long before you make a QB change? 1 series? 1 quarter? 1 half? Or let it ride? If you do change, do you stick with Wright or do you go to a 2 QB game plan?
    It's an extremely long leash. It might not even have 2 ends on it.

vCash
    Leash should and will be short on all players with this staff. We are beyond Hollaway up the middle or Aries not getting the playing time a blind man could see he deserved. Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    You are arguing with COOTERPOOT. It’s not like you are philosophizing with Socrates.
    LOL, rep given!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    How long is the leash? ... about 13 games.
    Not a chance in hell. Let the offense struggle in a couple of games with us losing them and a change will be made.

People for some reason think there was an actual QB competition in camp and they chose Rogers. No. That didnt happen. A new HC and OC had no choice but to start Rogers regardless of the performance of the QB's in camp. There was no way they could replace Rogers in the beginning. It would be a PR nightmare for them.

I'm in no way saying a change needs to be made or will be made. However, if the offense struggles- then you can bet they will want to put the guy in there that can run the ball and force the defense to account for him also in the run game.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Not a chance in hell. Let the offense struggle in a couple of games with us losing them and a change will be made.

People for some reason think there was an actual QB competition in camp and they chose Rogers. No. That didnt happen. A new HC and OC had no choice but to start Rogers regardless of the performance of the QB's in camp. There was no way they could replace Rogers in the beginning. It would be a PR nightmare for them.

I'm in no way saying a change needs to be made or will be made. However, if the offense struggles- then you can bet they will want to put the guy in there that can run the ball and force the defense to account for him also in the run game.
    This. There is a reason that Wright came in immediately in the first quarter when we were struggling. The best thing is that Will has no choice but to improve and he knows it and I honestly expect him to respond.

Senior Member SpaceWranglerDawg's Avatar
    vCash
    Do you think that Rogers would still be out there if there was an option that's better? Think Arnett just wants to keep him in just because he's "earned it?"

If somebody else gave us a better chance of winning, they'd be in. And if there is someone who gives us a better chance of winning, and they're not playing because of some random reason....this won't end well.