Thread: Sunday Checkup - Buckethead

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

Sunday Checkup - Buckethead

We had some really good, some of the same old not so good, and new weapons putting in some work.

Overall thoughts
    We took care of business. Exactly what we want to do as a team. Held them to 7 pts, protected the ball for the most part and got some live reps for our new offense. We looked slow. Our OL didn?t dominate the line as we would expect. Our DL played a good game. Our LB played a good game. We gave up some open routes early on, but as the game kind of matured the front 7 made SELA life a little less comfortable. Our defense was exposed at times with the power sweep on repeat which we could not stop. We adjusted there at half and started to shut that down, and they stopped calling it. So that worked.

It looked like our WR were running in concrete boots. Our TEs also missed a crap ton of blocks. Tulu got his shoulder on a TE missed block.

QB
    I like the mix and match with the swap ins. I hope we are just not allowing MWright to not throw the ball right now and give him the opportunity against LSU, because LSU is going to shut that run only down. I am sure Will was not allowed to go up top in this game because he only threw 3 balls more than 20 yards and two of them were 10 yards too far. Here is a hint, with JRob out there just throw the ball high and let him make a play on it. Will did Will things. We need to work on hitting WRs while they are actually moving.

TE
    Harmon is good. He had some good blocks. He is legit big. Barbay needs to go look at Kyle Pitts film and do that with Harmon.
    Goede, well there is a reason why he didn?t play at UGA. He missed blocks all day. Not really sure he contributed anything over any other random player in his position. 1st game, but I hope he proves me wrong.

WR
    Missing Zavion. Apparently, we cannot throw the ball to Tulu. Creed is my new favorite dawg. He fights for extra yards. JRob loves running beside defenders. Mosley is looking good. Walley is a conundrum. I feel like he could contribute more but for some reason he fades during games. Even with all that, they played a solid game. 1 dropped pass maybe?

OL
    Watching play to play, they didn?t impose their will. Looked slow and soft. Sure we had some big gains, and when you take those yards off, the average looks weak. They kept Will upright for the most part.

DL
    Slow start but they were in SELA backfield pretty much all the second half.

LB
    Grown men.

CB and Safeties
    Not a terrible game, but they were not really tested. They had some open guys, but other than those they covered alright and tackled alright.

Kickers
    Made some serious FGs. Didn?t punt extremely well. I am going to expect better punts and kickoff coming up.

Overall, we did what we needed to do. Offense really ran the ball okay, but not great. Offense threw the ball okay but not great. Defense played okay but not great.
    Creed was the brightest spot for me. Nothing to hang out hats on, except the W. Tons to learn from, which I feel we will and be better.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    J Lewis totally destroyed the blocker on that punt to start the 4th too. Love a special teams TD.

vCash
    The right side of our OL actually false started a bunch too. Just leaving right before the snap.

vCash
    We need to shuffle the offensive line. The guys on the right side either can?t count or can?t watch the ball. Since we were told they are all interchangeable, we need the best 5 blockers on the line with the subs spelling them as needed for a short break.