Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: State -9 vs Arizona

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    I was at one of their games a few years ago and they were up something like 63-3 in the 4th quarter against UT Martin or somebody like that and I noticed 3 things and each was more shocking than the one before it. 1: Freeze still had a lot of starters in. 2: Up 63-3 in the 4th and Ole Miss was running trick plays. 3: While up 63-3 he put Nkimdeche (the DT not LB) at RB and ran a trick play to him for like a 35 or 40yd TD. Of course the crowd went wild. All I was thinking was "What is going to happen to his draft stock if he blows out a knee on an offensive trick play up 63-3 in the 4th?" Different buch of folks up there.
    I want to score 70+ on FCS teams in my perfect world but I do have boundaries. All of the stuff you mentioned would be outside of my boundaries. I don't mind playing starters into the third quarter if we're up comfortably as long as we rotate heavily. But by the fourth quarter if we were up 63-3 going into the 4th there is zero reason for the starters to be in. That's time to build depth and let some walk-ons that have been with the program for a few years get some reps. I'm fine running trick plays on FCS teams- but do them early in the first quarter. There is zero reason to do that in the fourth quarter.

The way I would do it would be to come out and attack vertically, run a few trick plays like a flea flicker and ideally get 21-28. Our receivers should be able to burn most FCS DB's and our line should be able to pick up pressure and stuff like that. Second quarter I would be a little more conventional and just try to focus on execution. Ideally that would get us another 14-21 points so we would be looking at 35-49 points at the half. Third quarter I would focus on running the ball and rotating guys in and hopefully that would yield another 14-21 points. That should get us to 49-70 for the game at that point. Fourth quarter is depth building time.

Defense I would come out and blitz them back to directional Idaho and try to intimidate and dominate them early but then back off in the second half.

vCash
    Always go with Vegas on these sure bets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    Ole Miss and Bama cover.
    Cal and Miami with the points.
    Cal?s DC is Peter Sirmon. I think Bucky and his beavs cover that.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I?m really confused at how OM?s offense scores at will until then looks like a dumpster fire late in the year.

What?s the key to stopping it?
    They start playing non shitty teams.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkman Turner Overdrive View Post
    Cal?s DC is Peter Sirmon. I think Bucky and his beavs cover that.
    The last time Sirmon played Bucky, Sirmon dropped his nutts on Beaver’s face.

vCash
    Bama -7.5
    A&M -4.5
    UNDER 60.5 MSU vs AZ

1-2 last week