After taking some time to decompress and go back and watch some of the game early this morning here are some of my takeaways

1. Damn it was good to have football back. No matter what you thought about the performance it was good to see Mississippi State back playing meaningful football once again.

2. Our RB room is the best we have had in my lifetime. We have not had this type of talent in the RB room since at least Ballard and Perkins were in the same room and you probably can go back to when Dante and Dicenzo were running wild on teams. Marks is an absolute stud. Playing in the Leach system is going to help him in the long run because it makes him an every down back now, which is such a rare commodity these days. Pittman runs like a bull in a china shop every time he touches it. Lee is the same way and is not scared to stick his head in and throw a block at someone. Then you have Davis and Price as well.

3. The passing lanes are there for the deep ball, but Will has to let it go. If he cannot get it there, which I am not sure he can, then that is one thing. But he is not even attempting to make that throw. We had guys open all day for the deep ball and really only attempted a few.

4. Creed Whittemore is going to be a STUD. This kid has future star written all over him. The way he is able to operate in space and make something out of every catch is something you do not see out of many players, but especially out of Freshman. Having Zavion, Tulu, and Creed on the field at the same time is going to be borderline unfair.

5. Tulu needs to get the ball in open field. It was nice to see him get touches in different ways but he needs to get the ball more in open field instead of the backfield where teams can contain him and force him to a sideline.

6. Defense was night and day in the 2nd half. Impressed and happy to see them turn the intensity up a few notches after a vey uninspiring 1st half.

7. WE HAVE A KICKER!!!!