Quote Originally Posted by bobtail bob View Post
Their model is dying and they are trying to squeeze every cent out of it before they give it up. People are turning it off in droves.
Honestly I find myself more into games with audio while perusing and participating in game threads. If I have a game on I will glance but not be glued to it. Whatever entity finds a way to merge the video with media catered to a certain audience will become the next thing.
^This

And this superconference minor league nonsense is going to be the coup de grace. I hope the SEC is far thinking enough to realize any further expansion will hurt more than it helps. They're trying to save a failing business model. College football is, always has been, and always will be a regional sport with a nod to national implications with an overall champion of some sort and some interesting non conference scheduling. Look at the business world for all kinds of examples of fundamentally changing a product too much from what made it awesome to begin with and shocked when it doesn't sell. College is not the NFL. And that is precisely why it is better. When they turn it into minor league....well, we all now how successful minor league sports are and how much the average sports fan cares about it******