Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Willy Windup throws 7 yards downfield

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCoachKlein View Post
    Will is what he is. We don't have a better option (Wright can't throw). I'm OK with bashing any coach whether it's their fault or not, buck stops with them. They're grown men. Will and the rest of the team are still basically kids. You know this stuff gets back to them one way or another.
    Didn't stop the world from bashing Fitz his senior year and he had REALLY bled for us. He had owned TAM, owned OM, had smoked LSU once, and took Bama to the mat better than any QB we've had since Mullen became coach. He was a helluva warrior.

He had a LOT more adversity his senior year too. A RB that wouldn't block LBs and receivers that dropped everything all the time. And a coach that not only sucked but let him take all the blame too.

Bucky always blames the receivers but outside of Fred Ross, the receivers that Will has been blessed with are far superior than any that ever played with Fitz.

Will's a good kid. Doesn't mean he's a tough enough SEC QB tho.

ETA: And I'm not one saying Wright should start either.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 09-02-2023 at 09:57 PM.

vCash
    I'm not going for a butch 'champions of life' trophy or anything. I just don't think wright running for 2 big gains and throwing 0 passes against a tire FCS team with half of the backups in qualifies him to replace a top 5 qb in MSU history.

Parsons and the recent 4* qb are guys with wheels. They'll be old next time we have a senior heavy squad and they can run.

With what we have now we need to get will comfortable. Its the only path to 9-10 wins (counting a bowl).
    I hear ya'. Personally don't think there's a path for us to 9-10 wins no matter what we do. And to be clear, is Mike the guy to take the reins. Not sure. But there's enough evidence to further test the notion with more playing time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Didn't stop the world from bashing Fitz his senior year and he had REALLY bled for us. He had owned TAM, owned OM, had smoked LSU once, and took Bama to the mat better than any QB we've had since Mullen became coach. He was a helluva warrior.

He had a LOT more adversity his senior year too. A RB that wouldn't block LBs and receivers that dropped everything all the time. And a coach that not only sucked but let him take all the blame too.

Bucky always blames the receivers but outside of Fred Ross, the receivers that Will has been blessed with are far superior than any that ever played with Fitz.

Fitz deserved none of it. Even my die hard reb dad loved him.

Fitz showed up to some Archie qb congratulation thing a week or 2 after they ripped his leg off. That man is pure class.

vCash

Fitz showed up to some Archie qb congratulation thing a week or 2 after they ripped his leg off. That man is pure class.
    Tru all dat.

Fitz is my fav QB, even over Dak. If you go back and watch them, he actually played pretty good in the KY and FL games his senior year. Even while getting killed by Allen at KY all night long cause Hill wouldn't even get in Allen's way. Guidry dropping passes, against FL Guidry and Osirus dropping passes, etc. Fitz was a tough dude and class act. Mullen f***ed him.

vCash

I submit the most evil low-life deliberate severe-injury-causing hit in college football history. I don't think I can ever forgive them for that. GTHOM!!!

vCash
    Tru all dat.

Fitz is my fav QB, even over Dak. If you go back and watch them, he actually played pretty good in the KY and FL games his senior year. Even while getting killed by Allen at KY all night long cause Hill wouldn't even get in Allen's way. Guidry dropping passes, against FL Guidry and Osirus dropping passes, etc. Fitz was a tough dude and class act. Mullen f***ed him.
    I'm with you. He might be my all time favorite dawg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    I submit the most evil low-life deliberate severe-injury-causing hit in college football history. I don't think I can ever forgive them for that. GTHOM!!!
    Yeah...that was so dirty. Surprised goodell didn't fine them

vCash

Our outside WRs last year were absolutely the reason we struggled more than not. The proof is in the pudding. Ask the coaches, how many times did they throw the OLs chairs? How many times did they call them out post game? How many of our outside WRs are still on the team? Ill rest my case

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Our outside WRs last year were absolutely the reason we struggled more than not. The proof is in the pudding. Ask the coaches, how many times did they throw the OLs chairs? How many times did they call them out post game? How many of our outside WRs are still on the team? Ill rest my case
    In the later third of the season probably so. They were probably lazy in route running cause they tired of running down field hard, getting open, only to turn their head after the break and Will has dumped it off 2 seconds ago. Earlier in the season their were open downfield receivers many times Will dumped it off.

vCash
    In the later third of the season probably so. They were probably lazy in route running cause they tired of running down field hard, getting open, only to turn their head after the break and Will has dumped it off 2 seconds ago. Earlier in the season there were open downfield receivers many times Will dumped it off.
    Yeah im sure it had nothing to do with getting physically punked

vCash
    Yeah im sure it had nothing to do with getting physically punked
    Look ... I'm not gonna argue with you all day. Will had a four game stretch in '21 where he looked awesome and moved well in the pocket to avoid the rush. He impressed the hell out of me in the Arky loss in that stretch. I bragged on FB about how good he was when he brought us back against AU. He even looked pretty good in OM loss and if not for dropped passes in the rain, we probably win that.

But last year while he had a couple of pretty good games (Arky & TAM) he wasn't the same Will as year before. Not sure why. Maybe cause Charles Cross was gone ... I dunno. Go watch him stay in the called running plays on 4th and 1 against LSU when they had a stacked box he should've checked out of and thrown a pass. He did that twice in that game. My feeling at time was it was because he knew he'd get hit even if he completed the pass.

Doesn't matter tho ... you'll defend him even if he consistently throws 3 picks every game. You don't have an objective bone in your body when it comes to Will's play.

vCash
    I'm only saying this because of some things I heard a few weeks ago.

Has anyone considered that we may be approaching this season similar to 2014? We are going to do what it takes to beat SeLa and UAZ(z). We are the same ol' Mittippi Tate and therefore LSU will be completely shell shocked when they're the first to find out what we can actually do. Just throwing that out there.

I'm neither a Rogers fan nor a detractors. We will know when LSU is sent back to Tigerland wondering WT17 just happened to them.......or not, in which case we'll also know what we can(t) do.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Look ... I'm not gonna argue with you all day. Will had a four game stretch in '21 where he looked awesome and moved well in the pocket to avoid the rush. He impressed the hell out of me in the Arky loss in that stretch. I bragged on FB about how good he was when he brought us back against AU. He even looked pretty good in OM loss and if not for dropped passes in the rain, we probably win that.

But last year while he had a couple of pretty good games (Arky & TAM) he wasn't the same Will as year before. Not sure why. Maybe cause Charles Cross was gone ... I dunno. Go watch him stay in the called running plays on 4th and 1 against LSU when they had a stacked box he should've checked out of and thrown a pass. He did that twice in that game. My feeling at time was it was because he knew he'd get hit even if he completed the pass.

Doesn't matter tho ... you'll defend him even if he consistently throws 3 picks every game. You don't have an objective bone in your body when it comes to Will's play.
    Or maybe it was because his head coach chewed his ass over changing plays. Or maybe it was there was 92,000 people there and changing the play is a lot easier to do on elitedawgs than in front of them.

vCash
    Or maybe it was because his head coach chewed his ass over changing plays. Or maybe it was there was 92,000 people there and changing the play is a lot easier to do on elitedawgs than in front of them.
    Whatever Bucky. I know it's never on Will whatever happens. Always a reason that has nothing to do with Will.

vCash
    And if you think for one second I wasnt cussing him when he fumbled vs OM or when he ran out of bounds on a 4th down against them you are wrong. I was cussing MSU QBs when we couldnt complete a forward pass, which is miles away from what we have with Will

vCash
    Whatever Bucky. I know it's never on Will whatever happens. Always a reason that has nothing to do with Will.
    Read my next post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    I'm only saying this because of some things I heard a few weeks ago.

Has anyone considered that we may be approaching this season similar to 2014? We are going to do what it takes to beat SeLa and UAZ(z). We are the same ol' Mittippi Tate and therefore LSU will be completely shell shocked when they're the first to find out what we can actually do. Just throwing that out there.

I'm neither a Rogers fan nor a detractors. We will know when LSU is sent back to Tigerland wondering WT17 just happened to them.......or not, in which case we'll also know what we can(t) do.
    I don't understand doing that. I also don't remember us doing that with USM, UAB, and South Alabama. This is a new offense so we need to get it down instead of "holding stuff back". Especially with the way the offensive line looked.

Banned
    vCash
    Wins another game. Breaks more records. Lives in some heads rent free while he would bleed for the school
    Yea I drunkenly posted emotionally on here (and realized I needed to put my phone down.)

But I stand by my comment based on how bad he was looking. First game jitters. But that first half MSU goes 3-9 this year. We can't have that. 4-0 start is very doable and we need to do it. Second half MSU was a 7-5/8-4 team. But we didn't show what I know he can physically do. At this point it feels like a mental thing. I'd rather him try to be Tyler Russell statue esque if he's gonna suck this bad at throwing on the run. That's not his game and he needs to play to his strengths.

He needs to watch Dan Marino film on pocket mobility. That's how he should be avoid defenders. Stepping into throws. We'll see if he can unlock the 12 win version of this team that the talent is absolutely there for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Yea I drunkenly posted emotionally on here (and realized I needed to put my phone down.)

But I stand by my comment based on how bad he was looking. First game jitters. But that first half MSU goes 3-9 this year. We can't have that. 4-0 start is very doable and we need to do it. Second half MSU was a 7-5/8-4 team. But we didn't show what I know he can physically do. At this point it feels like a mental thing. I'd rather him try to be Tyler Russell statue esque if he's gonna suck this bad at throwing on the run. That's not his game and he needs to play to his strengths.

He needs to watch Dan Marino film on pocket mobility. That's how he should be avoid defenders. Stepping into throws. We'll see if he can unlock the 12 win version of this team that the talent is absolutely there for.
    I really thought we would at least TRY more passes down the field. I'm confused by that. Honestly, we tried as many or more with Leach here in a game. Especially with Barbay focusing on throwing deep shots allegedly. I think I counted four last night and we only completed one- the TD pass to Creed.

I think throwing a few more would help Will out honestly. Otherwise defenses are going to cheat up and dare us to pass deep.

Asking Will to roll left and throw on the run would be difficult for any RH QB. We did it twice. Also don't understand that.

Then we ran the ball like almost every first down. People like Saban are going to figure that out pretty quickly. We better start at least showing some variety with our play calling or it's going to get pretty predictable pretty quickly. Even SELU stuffed it by the second quarter. We kept getting behind the sticks because of it. Then we had to dink and dunk just to get another first down.

I think we also need to stop using Goede as much. Our five best playmakers are Tulu, Robinson, Zavion, Creed, and Marks. If we use a TE I'd rather it be Harmon based on what I saw last night. Those six guys need to be the guys we're using the most and rotate in Walley, Mosley, and Roberson. It's not what he "wants to" do but if he's really serious about playing our best guys it's what he should do. Having two TE's with this group is a waste because they're extra blockers essentially and it just forces us to take two weapons off of the field. Unless it's Harmon of course. And yes, we should use Wright some as well of course.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaleofTwoDogs View Post
    When I was a fifth year senior I would have knocked someone on their ass if they called me a "kid" at 22 years old.
    That?s further proof you were a kid. A man doesn’t hit people for stuff like that. A kid is still trying to prove something to himself. A man knows what he can do and is not offended so easily.