Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We traded UGA RaRa for Goede

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Will is the exact type of QB that Kirby and Saban love. He's the most experienced QB in the SEC Kirby would take Will all day over Carson Beck based on that alone.

And trust me - I've dog cussed Will like most on here have. But his experience and abilities give him a leg up on most of the SEC this season.
    Did they go after Sam Hartman?

vCash
    Will is the exact type of QB that Kirby and Saban love. He's the most experienced QB in the SEC Kirby would take Will all day over Carson Beck based on that alone.

And trust me - I've dog cussed Will like most on here have. But his experience and abilities give him a leg up on most of the SEC this season.
    Stetson Bennet was much more athletic than he was given credit for. I'm hoping Will proves his athleticism this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Did they go after Sam Hartman?
    Jeebus 7 - let's just throw any BS against the wall to denigrate our own. Who they may or may not have gone after is pointless. You just can't stand that I'm right about this. Will Rogers is hands down a better choice then Carson Beck is right now. With UGA's talent and system Will could lead them to a 3 peat. Beck leaves them with a big bold question mark. Now - could Beck step in and do it? Possibly. But if I'm coach, and I had a choice today it's Rogers all day long because he's a known quantity and reduces my risk significantly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Stetson Bennet was much more athletic than he was given credit for. I'm hoping Will proves his athleticism this season.
    Yes - I saw the kid in high school, he's talented and very athletic. But, he was a terrible decision maker. That's one reason he had to walk on, transfer to JUCO and walk on again. He made himself into a real QB - some of it after he even became starter in '21. As late as the UF game that year UGA wasn't sure he could carry them

vCash
    Jeebus 7 - let's just throw any BS against the wall to denigrate our own. Who they may or may not have gone after is pointless. You just can't stand that I'm right about this. Will Rogers is hands down a better choice then Carson Beck is right now. With UGA's talent and system Will could lead them to a 3 peat. Beck leaves them with a big bold question mark. Now - could Beck step in and do it? Possibly. But if I'm coach, and I had a choice today it's Rogers all day long because he's a known quantity and reduces my risk significantly.
    It was just a question. Hartman was the experienced guy you say smart covers, so I was wondering if they pursued. I don't think they did, which tells me they like their qb room

vCash
    I love will. But that's not happening.

vCash
    Hard to tell at this juncture. If the reports are true that Goede cannot catch the ball then they won. We lost a guy that scored 5+ TDs for us last year and added a guy who may have caught 5 passes his entire career. Goede will need to produce for me to say we won that trade.

vCash
    I don't keep up much with other teams, but I'm guessing RaRa got out of whatever trouble he was in?

vCash
    I don't keep up much with other teams, but I'm guessing RaRa got out of whatever trouble he was in?
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...m-altercation/

He did pre-trial diversion. He did anger management and community service.

vCash
    It was just a question. Hartman was the experienced guy you say smart covers, so I was wondering if they pursued. I don't think they did, which tells me they like their qb room
    Gotcha. The way we like to eat our own just gets old - and I've been watching it with QBs since Sleepy.

UGA may be satisfied and weren't openly seeking a QB - but I'm sure if Hartman had expressed interest they would have gone for him. You just don't turn down that type of talent.

Banned
    vCash
    Hartman didn't want to play in the SEC otherwise he'd be the starting QB for Alabama. He's trying to get drafted and he knows going against SEC defenses every week won't do it. Notre Dame offered him the best combination of money + draft potential. He's going to rack up stats, be in the Heisman conversation all year, get a Senior Bowl invite, and if things go well, be a 4th-5th round pick.

vCash

MSU - UGA Swaps

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Who wins that trade?
    Don't forget Justin Roberson from last year.

Along with Ryland Goede we got a really good volleyball player, too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I love will. But that's not happening.
    I don't know on that. I actually went to the spring game thinking that was going to be the day Mike Wright took over the QB1 reigns from Will. I know Wright played with second stringers against the first stringers, but Will was by far the best QB on the field, and I was very impressed with his athleticism and footwork.

vCash
    Here's what we know:

1. Rogers is football smart. Great thing to have at QB
    2. Rogers is extremely accurate up to 20 yards.
    3. Defenses playing us will no longer expect pass every play
    4. Safeties now have to be involved in the run game and cant just sit back to force underneath throws
    5. Wright gives us an extra package defenses will have to prep for

We will improve offensively
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Here's what we know:

4. Safeties now have to be involved in the run game and cant just sit back to force underneath throws

Amen!

vCash
    Here's what we know:

^^^Stamp this in gold!^^^

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    They're 29-1 the last 2 seasons with 2 natties. They're unbelievably good. Rogers threw for more than bennett last year... would Rogers have started over him?
    No Rogers would not have started over Bennett, and I don't think Rogers has shown me enough to start over whomever is starting at UGA this year. His arm strength is severely lacking, and he cannot run. Those are two major flaws, not fatal flaws, but major flaws.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Here's what we know:

I agree with all of that, but Rogers wouldn't start for UGA.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Here's what we know:

Why do you have the "up to 20 yards" caveat for #2?

Rogers has been very accurate on passes over 20 yards. He didn't chunk a lot of long bombs because of the offense, but his completion percentage last year of 42.5% on passes 20+ was great, and his PFF passing grade for passes 20+ was 90.3, which is elite. He was even better in 2021 at 45.3% and a 92.4 PFF passing grade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    Why do you have the "up to 20 yards" caveat for #2?

Rogers has been very accurate on passes over 20 yards. He didn't chunk a lot of long bombs because of the offense, but his completion percentage last year of 42.5% on passes 20+ was great, and his PFF passing grade for passes 20+ was 90.3, which is elite. He was even better in 2021 at 45.3% and a 92.4 PFF passing grade.
    My biggest concern about Will is will he actually put the ball up or will he just check it down if he is somewhat unsure.

There were a LOT of times when we had someone open deep and Will just couldn't pull the trigger. I know we may have more designed shots but we can't force Will to pull the trigger in real time.

I think he should have had more confidence in himself to take the shots more personally. Your stats bear out why.