Thread: Y'all are gettin' pimped a lil in BammerLand...

vCash

Y'all are gettin' pimped a lil in BammerLand...

I didn't read it in completion/thouroughly, but I thought you cats might find it interesting, nonetheless....

https://news.tidefans.com/2023/08/24...two-divisions/
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

Banned
    vCash
    Second in the West in DBs is something.

Last in ST seems... wrong. We have the top KR/PR combo. Arguably best at each in the SEC. Penalizing I guess for K/P turnover.

But yea when you look at what we got, the gettin is pretty good over on this side of the state line. People really just don't believe in Arnett and penalize State unfairly comparative to how other teams with a coaching change get seen.

vCash
    They have us going 4-8???!? That's just ignorant. I understand he's a 1st time HC, BUT he was a good DC, and a 4-8 season implies the wheels are falling off and players are quitting the team etc. No signs of that so far.

Like even if you think his offense will be awful, they rank every defensive unit highly and Arnett obviously can coach that side of the ball, and that D alone would keep us above 4 wins. It's not like Leach's offense was carrying the team or anything. I can't take these guys seriously if they think 4-8 is likely

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    They have us going 4-8???!? That's just ignorant. I understand he's a 1st time HC, BUT he was a good DC, and a 4-8 season implies the wheels are falling off and players are quitting the team etc. No signs of that so far.

Like even if you think his offense will be awful, they rank every defensive unit highly and Arnett obviously can coach that side of the ball, and that D alone would keep us above 4 wins. It's not like Leach's offense was carrying the team or anything. I can't take these guys seriously if they think 4-8 is likely
    Guys you all are going to have to understand that media pundits are going to fade us. We have a new HC, OC, and DC along with a new scheme. It honestly is smart. Take off the maroon tinted glasses for a moment and look at things objectively, Arnett has limited media access and has cut off access to Robertson, Faulk, Hadad, Jones, etc. due to the Briles stuff so nothing is coming out of camp. But go listen to guys like Pate, they know what is coming. They can see it. And even as much as I hate to say it, look at Bartoo, even he sees it coming. Be patient. Everyone will see what we believe at around 1:45 on Sept. 16

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Guys you all are going to have to understand that media pundits are going to fade us. We have a new HC, OC, and DC along with a new scheme. It honestly is smart. Take off the maroon tinted glasses for a moment and look at things objectively, Arnett has limited media access and has cut off access to Robertson, Faulk, Hadad, Jones, etc. due to the Briles stuff so nothing is coming out of camp. But go listen to guys like Pate, they know what is coming. They can see it. And even as much as I hate to say it, look at Bartoo, even he sees it coming. Be patient. Everyone will see what we believe at around 1:45 on Sept. 16
    Aka they looked surface level and didn't do further investigation.

Then you have a group like this do further investigation, and realize "oh we're probably about to be really wrong on them."

vCash
    Seems fair other than ST. When I say fair, I'm only looking at MSU. I'm guessing they can't take off their crimson glasses based on their admission of last year and then seeing bama at the top across the board minus QB and WR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Nah. I’d believe that but it’s every year. You can’t rank us preseason last in the SEC two years in a row because “Leach’s offense won’t work in the SEC” and then rank us last because Leach isnt our coach the following year. Hahaha the media will always…always… vote State last with a losing record for absolutely no reason. State hasn’t finished last in 13 years and in that same time Arkansas has finished last 6 times, Ole Miss 3 times and Auburn 2 time. No…I don’t give them a pass. This year may be the year we finish last in The SEC for the first time in well over a decade but it won’t be at 4-8. I’m just tired of the ****ing insult of it. SEC network even commented on it yesterday morning on their morning show. They said “death…taxes…and MSU being picked last in the West”. **** them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Nah. I?d believe that but it?s every year. You can?t rank us preseason last in the SEC two years in a row because ?Leach?s offense won?t work in the SEC? and then rank us last because Leach isnt our coach the following year. Hahaha the media will always?always? vote State last with a losing record for absolutely no reason. State hasn?t finished last in 13 years and in that same time Arkansas has finished last 6 times, Ole Miss 3 times and Auburn 2 time. No?I don?t give them a pass. This year may be the year we finish last in The SEC for the first time in well over a decade but it won?t be at 4-8. I?m just tired of the ****ing insult of it. SEC network even commented on it yesterday morning on their morning show. They said ?death?taxes?and MSU being picked last in the West?. **** them.
    Great post and spot on. Media is lazy and just plain bias against us and that is fact.

vCash
    Classic case of the components are greater than the whole. These guys even admitted that on paper State is in the top of the league as far as talent is concerned but placed us at 4-8 anyway. Apparently scheme and coaching trumps talent on the field. The problem is all of our coaches are seasoned veterans in coaching accept CZA as a head coach. I don't think his direct lack of HC experience will have that large of an impact, see the bowl game. Bias and laziness in writing makes us the bottom feeder to them even if we go 10-2 this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaleofTwoDogs View Post
    Classic case of the components are greater than the whole. These guys even admitted that on paper State is in the top of the league as far as talent is concerned but placed us at 4-8 anyway. Apparently scheme and coaching trumps talent on the field. The problem is all of our coaches are seasoned veterans in coaching accept CZA as a head coach. I don't think his direct lack of HC experience will have that large of an impact, see the bowl game. Bias and laziness in writing makes us the bottom feeder to them even if we go 10-2 this year.
    Classic case of any reason to put State in last place. Again, there’s a reason every season. I’ve heard that it’s Arnett and that Rogers is a scheme QB and is only good in Air Raid. Yet…next year we will be picked last in the West because Rogers is gone. Always a reason. Yes…I’m on a bourbon fueled tirade this afternoon on the subject.

vCash
    Jox 94.5 guy opposite Greg McIlroy on their morning show, can’t remember his name said…

“I put State 7th in the west by default bc I’m just not that interested in them.”

I think this lazy sentiment has more to do with it than anything else.

vCash
    Its about clicks and ratings. Face it MSU is one of the smallest schools in the SEC. We have one of the smallest fan bases which equates to less clicks, less folks watching etc etc etc. We'll never get the media coverage that Michigan, USC and other big schools get that have sucked for years.

vCash
    Don't fret, if we beat LSU they'll just say how LSU is down or some other lame ass excuse for the other schools like Auburn etc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckdog View Post
    Don't fret, if we beat LSU they'll just say how LSU is down or some other lame ass excuse for the other schools like Auburn etc
    Yep, even our own fans do that and belittle our teams.

Listen to some of the commentators when they call us playing a blue blood. Every time we make a great play they talk up how LSU or Bama or whoever made a carless mistake that allowed the play to happen. I watched the 17 LSU game other day and it was laughable how much they did that. The narrative has to be that the blue blood had to have made an error for MSU to do anything good.