Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ice we skate is gettin pretty thin, water's gettin warm so you might as well swim

Banned
    vCash

Ice we skate is gettin pretty thin, water's gettin warm so you might as well swim

I know I'm one of the most northern dawgs cause I've relocated to Madison ........ Wisconsin. All I have to say is what in the sam hill is going on. I'm going for my morning jog and a familiar feeling hits. "This heat kinda sucks." I check and it's ****ing 90? outside. It's supposed to get as high as 97? this week.

Al Gore was right about ManBearPig. Hearing some records gonna potentially be broken in Starkville this week. 105-106. Wonder what day Arnett is taking the boys to the Farm. If it's one of them, then any one them that survive that should kick ass throughout September.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    I know I'm one of the most northern dawgs cause I've relocated to Madison ........ Wisconsin. All I have to say is what in the sam hill is going on. I'm going for my morning jog and a familiar feeling hits. "This heat kinda sucks." I check and it's ****ing 90? outside. It's supposed to get as high as 97? this week.

Al Gore was right about ManBearPig. Hearing some records gonna potentially be broken in Starkville this week. 105-106. Wonder what day Arnett is taking the boys to the Farm. If it's one of them, then any one them that survive that should kick ass throughout September.
    Welcome to Summertime! Happens every year. Just be glad you aren't in Texas where it's been 108-110 for weeks now.,

vCash
    Highs for Starkville next week:

Today is a mild 95.
    Monday - 98
    Tuesday - 99
    Wednesday - 103
    Thursday - 104
    Friday - 102
    Saturday - 100

This is NOT with the heat index factored in.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Didn?t expect a Smashmouth reference when I woke up this morning.

vCash

It’ll get hotter over the next few years probably if we haven’t peaked already. Got up to 115 in Mississippi back in 1930 and we are back in that El Ni?o heating pattern and experiencing a 100 year interval. Combine that with the massive underwater volcano from earlier this year ejecting tons of water in the air is having a major impact. It’ll cool off again in a few years and everyone will be talking about hell freezing over

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    It?ll get hotter over the next few years probably if we haven?t peaked already. Got up to 115 in Mississippi back in 1930 and we are back in that El Ni?o heating pattern and experiencing a 100 year interval. Combine that with the massive underwater volcano from earlier this year ejecting tons of water in the air is having a major impact. It?ll cool off again in a few years and everyone will be talking about hell freezing over
    Hell, last year there were record lows and record snowfall in Utah. Probably similar in other rockie mountain regions

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Welcome to Summertime! Happens every year. Just be glad you aren't in Texas where it's been 108-110 for weeks now.,
    I grew up in Mississippi. And did the whole two a days in high school. I know about the heat.

I was just shocked to get it in ****ing Wisconsin.

Senior Member SpaceWranglerDawg's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Can't speak for Starkville, but yesterday, Jackson broke a record for the hottest August 19th in all the time it's been recorded. 8/22 should break the record on Tuesday as well.

vCash
    You should have checked your bus ticket more closely, should have read Madison, MS not Madison, WI. Sorry about that.

vCash
    It?s actually been a cooler summer in Pennsylvania than normal. Not even a handful of 90 degree days. All the smoke from these Canadian fires has kept the temperature down, but the air quality has been horrible. Sun and sky have been red most days. Then we had a tornado last week which we never get. Just an odd weather year and barely any snow last winter

vCash
    Maybe scientists are right and we can?t just dump a bunch of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere year after year after year with no consequences. But, hey what do they know they?re just scientists. 😏🙄

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Maybe scientists are right and we can?t just dump a bunch of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere year after year after year with no consequences. But, hey what do they know they?re just scientists. ����
    It's hard to argue against temps....105 high here thursday. I'm pretty much an idiot, so I don't travel down the rabbit hole of lots of information, but we've been breaking heat records left and right this summer. Can't argue that at least it's a little strange.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceWranglerDawg View Post
    It's hard to argue against temps....105 high here thursday. I'm pretty much an idiot, so I don't travel down the rabbit hole of lots of information, but we've been breaking heat records left and right this summer. Can't argue that at least it's a little strange.
    I think it'd be a lot easier to accept and understand for people if it wasn't called Global "Warming". It's going in both directions. Not just the 100? oceans, but also the awful snow and record blizzards getting set lower and lower. Pacific even had a nasty Hurricane. The weather is hitting higher extremes on both ends.

If you were a scientist viewing Earth through a microscope, you would think Earth is infected with a virus and is trying to either sweat it out / fight against it.

vCash

It's called Climate Change now.

nm

vCash
    I think it'd be a lot easier to accept and understand for people if it wasn't called Global "Warming". It's going in both directions. Not just the 100? oceans, but also the awful snow and record blizzards getting set lower and lower. Pacific even had a nasty Hurricane. The weather is hitting higher extremes on both ends.

If you were a scientist viewing Earth through a microscope, you would think Earth is infected with a virus and is trying to either sweat it out / fight against it.
    Just FYI, the "Warming" moniker is in reference to the warming of the poles, which in turn results in ice-cap loss and a ton of cool freshwater being dumped into the ocean currents throwing the global weather system into flux. That's why you're seeing such climate shifts (i.e., extremes in heat during the summer; extremes in cold during the winter; an increase in extreme weather events; etc.).

I always laugh when someone says "we just had the coldest winter ever, so much for that GloBaL wARmInG!"...(obviously unaware of how things work).

Obviously not what you said, lol, it just made me think of that .

To your point, though, there is indeed a confusion with how the whole thing is labeled/described (i.e., global warming vs global climate change), and its pretty frustrating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceWranglerDawg View Post
    well except that 2011 was just as hot and a record we broke here the other day was from 1930. It happens. Its weather.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    well except that 2011 was just as hot and a record we broke here the other day was from 1930. It happens. Its weather.
    Heaven forbid scientists figure out how to "control and manipulate" the weather... government(s) will try to weaponize it (it'll be Oppenheimer and the A-bomb all over again).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Maybe scientists are right and we can?t just dump a bunch of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere year after year after year with no consequences. But, hey what do they know they?re just scientists. ����
    They change with the times. By my degree from State, I'm a scientist. I just chose a different path for my career. Scientists are all over the place. Growing up in the 70's, we were told another "ice age" of sorts was gonna happen. At lease a lot colder temps. Then we were destroying the ozone by eating holes in it from aerosols. Now the ozone layer has healed itself too good and greenhouse gases cant escape causing temps to rise.
    What WILL happen is it will change again. The earth will continue to do what it does on its own. And "scientists" will jump on the next money making research bandwagon. Gotta get those govt grants!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    This is true coach. Records are broken. Exactly like we're seeing right now.

....but I'm not going to pretend i graduated from Harvard. I have a PR degree from Mississippi State. I can absolutely decipher things myself, but I also don't have the intelligence to understand a lot of the scientific stuff...

All i know, it's F'n hot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    They change with the times. By my degree from State, I'm a scientist. I just chose a different path for my career. Scientists are all over the place. Growing up in the 70's, we were told another "ice age" of sorts was gonna happen. At lease a lot colder temps. Then we were destroying the ozone by eating holes in it from aerosols. Now the ozone layer has healed itself too good and greenhouse gases cant escape causing temps to rise.
    What WILL happen is it will change again. The earth will continue to do what it does on its own. And "scientists" will jump on the next money making research bandwagon. Gotta get those govt grants!!!!
    yep
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is