Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minshew mania already dead in Indy

vCash

Minshew mania already dead in Indy

Richardson has been named the starter after preseason game 1. Good luck to them. Guess they haven?t heard that the NFL is a passing league.

vCash
    If I were a Colts fan I would have a hard time being fired up.

vCash
    There's no reason whatsoever to not let Richardson start. why wouldn't you?

vCash
    Did I miss something on Richardson? He has a terrible to mediocre record with a talent rich team and his states do not jump off the board.

Is it really just his measurable?s?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Did I miss something on Richardson? He has a terrible to mediocre record with a talent rich team and his states do not jump off the board.

Josh Allen had like a 58% comp percent and a bad record vs awful competition. Nobody really knows who is or isn't going to pan out, but QB is so important you've got to use a 1st at anyone woth potential. Richardson is an unbelievable athlete and they paired him with Jalen Hurts' OC to try and play to his strengths. I'm not optimistic but what else can the Colts do? Tank this year and go QB hunting in 24?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    There's no reason whatsoever to not let Richardson start. why wouldn't you?
    Exactly. They suck. At least let the rookie take his lumps while they suck anyway

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

Unlike others like Lamar Jackson, Richardson sucks.

vCash
    Nothing like taking a QB in the first round one year just to tank the next to draft another one in the first round.

vCash
    Nothing like taking a QB in the first round one year just to rank the next to draft another one in the first round.

Minshew is twice the QB Richardson is and will ever be. Richardson is like that Kellen Mond with a little better speed. Mond is never going to do anything in the NFL either. Neither has the IT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Nothing like taking a QB in the first round one year just to rank the next to draft another one in the first round.

Minshew is twice the QB Richardson is and will ever be. Richardson is like that Kellen Mond with a little better speed. Mond is never going to do anything in the NFL either. Neither has the IT.
    Bro come on

vCash
    Why would you start Minshew? He is a career back-up. He is with his 3rd team in 5 years for a reason. If he was good- teams wouldnt let him go. QB play is a premium in the NFL
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Minshew is better than Richardson, calling it now. Nothing about Richardson says he can even be a backup based on his skill set I have seen.

vCash
    bottom line- Indy isn't a very good team either way.

vCash
    That is true. I wish Minshew would have gone to the Saints. Crab legs isn?t smart enough to be the guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Why would you start Minshew? He is a career back-up. He is with his 3rd team in 5 years for a reason. If he was good- teams wouldnt let him go. QB play is a premium in the NFL
    Only viable reason is to not ruin Richardson in year 1. Let him come along a little slower before his confidence is completely shot. Not saying that's the right take, only that it's the only take that would make any sense on the matter.

vCash

Yes. It really is just that. All these teams are trying to find the next Josh Allen. Richardson and Levis will both be busts because they were taken solely on measurable. Heck at least with Richardson you could make an argument Florida just did not let him throw it. The tape has been out on Levis for two years that he cannot throw it accurately and makes poor reads.

vCash
    Minshew is better than Richardson, calling it now. Nothing about Richardson says he can even be a backup based on his skill set I have seen.
    Bad take. Let?s visit this back later this season.

vCash
    Minshew has a much lower ceiling but a higher floor than Richardson. He is and always will be a solid NFL backup. Which is a pretty damn good gig if you can get it.

vCash
    I just find it a little head scratching the decisions that Indy has made. All you heard a couple of years ago was they were poised for a run because they had all this talent at OL, their defense was loaded and all they were missing was a QB. Since then they've gone with Carson Wentz and Matt Ryan, then brought in Minshew prior to drafting Richardson. I certainly don't think Minshew is the long term answer, but Richardson seems like he could be one of those prime candidates to become a first round bust after a potentially disastrous rookie season.

This isn't the age of the NFL where Aikman went 0-11 or Peyton went 3-13 throwing 28 picks and went on to Hall of Fame careers. The QBs these days are set up for failure and then deemed busts and are out of the league in record time if they put up numbers like that.

vCash
    That is true. I wish Minshew would have gone to the Saints. Crab legs isn?t smart enough to be the guy.
    Jamies is not even your guy. You guys gave David Carr 150M