Thread: WR and mouthguards

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

WR and mouthguards

Can we all just agree that it looks stupid to not have your mouth guard in your mouth when running routes?
    I mean, if you beat man on man over and over again, sure do whatever you want. If you run a 5 yard dig route, put your mouthpiece in. It looks dumb.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash

My question is ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Can we all just agree that it looks stupid to not have your mouth guard in your mouth when running routes?
    I mean, if you beat man on man over and over again, sure do whatever you want. If you run a 5 yard dig route, put your mouthpiece in. It looks dumb.
    Why are the refs NOT flagging players for handing mouth guards. Not a safety issue here?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    weird flex, but ok.

vCash
    especially when studies have shown that mouthguard use is one of the best methods to prevent concussions.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wrapit View Post
    Why are the refs NOT flagging players for handing mouth guards. Not a safety issue here?
    It's not like you can hit them without getting thrown out of the game any more anyway. Saw that way less before targeting was a thing.

vCash
    could be a fashion statement. also pants had to cover the knee for protection.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    could be a fashion statement. also pants had to cover the knee for protection.
    Glad you brorght up Knee Pads/ To me they should just wear Gym Shorts.

What a real FB player looks like:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/BH4AA...l3/s-l1600.jpg
    Last edited by parabrave; 08-14-2023 at 01:11 PM.

vCash
    Yeah, it irritates the piss out me when their pants don't cover their knees. I don't know why it just does.

vCash
    Look, like I said if they were literally Randy Moss out there I would not only understand the move but actively welcome it. But lets be honest, who was the last WR we had that could take the top off the defense. Everyone else, should have the mouthpiece in their mouths or don't even have one. It looks dumb just flapping around.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I can understand why WRs don't wear them, they have been not wearing them for years, but Linemen and RBs??? Also do those Knee braces actually work?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    I can understand why WRs don't wear them, they have been not wearing them for years, but Linemen and RBs??? Also do those Knee braces actually work?
    You talking the actual brace that most OL wear? Yeah those do help

vCash
    I believe a lot of them have mouthpieces in (custom molded ones) but they also have the ones hanging from their helmets for "swag" - that's what my son tells me anyway

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    I believe a lot of them have mouthpieces in (custom molded ones) but they also have the ones hanging from their helmets for "swag" - that's what my son tells me anyway
    That is even dumber. You want SWAG? Beat your man and score TDs. That is all I am saying.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Funny that the advertisement on this page is for Bellaire Dental and the topic is mouth guards. Looks like another 75 inch TV headed to DS house.