Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interlocking MSU is back

vCash
    Not a fan of the black stripe or MSU on the sleeve. Rest is da best!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandownbytheriver View Post
    I'm perfectly fine alternating between these and two script State. Those are two of the better looking helmets in the country. Both are a huge upgrade over the other options.
    Yep. This is where I am. It's a no brainer really.
    Sometimes I've been wondering who coordinates our uniforms. It's really not hard but we have screwed it up many times. In all sports.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Not a fan of the black stripe or MSU on the sleeve. Rest is da best!
    I agree. That's one tweak I would make.

vCash
    Yeah I don't see how we can't keep these. I know we made a big shift to the script like a month ago, and yes, it's way better than the banner, but the interlocking is Mississippi State football. These are amazing.

vCash
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    We just created what was called the hottest new helmet in college football. Our fans bought all the shit and loved it. So, State fans want to now go back to a 25 year old logo. Really makes no sense. But that's our fans for you. It's a throwback uniform.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Their shoes are. All I wear now
    THIS!!

vCash
    We just created what was called the hottest new helmet in college football. Our fans bought all the shit and loved it. So, State fans want to now go back to a 25 year old logo. Really makes no sense. But that's our fans for you. It's a throwback uniform.
    How old is Bama’s helmet? Auburn’s? Georgia?It’s a uniform that should have never left. It should be our identity just as Bama, A&M, Auburn, etc has theirs. The script State should be the here and there surprise.

Don’t let the marketing mistake with the script State confuse things
    Last edited by Coach34; 08-16-2023 at 08:10 AM.

vCash
    So a logo can't be older than 25 years old?

I guess those helmets LSU wears are modern. Same with Florida. Alabama. Ole Miss. Arkansas. Tennessee. Georgia. Auburn. Etc.

Oh wait...

The interlocking being older isn't an issue. Switching to the banner in 2004 was.

vCash
    Where all did you guys buy from today? I just hit up the bookstore. Any other good spots for some solid gets?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Where all did you guys buy from today? I just hit up the bookstore. Any other good spots for some solid gets?
    The Lodge had some good stuff. Maroon and Co too.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Mark it down?.after we beat UK to sleep in these beautiful uniforms, we will take the field for the Egg wearing them

vCash
    Bama wears what they have for decades because of a winning tradition in those uniforms and logos. Including national championships. Mississippi State wore the Nike MSU for 8 years and went to 3 bowl games, won 45 and lost 47. The program was spiraling down the bowl in 2003 when skinny MSU left the building.

After Byrne officially branded Mississippi State football under MState, football won more, went to more bowls, reached new heights. On and on....
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 08-16-2023 at 06:25 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Bama wears what they have for decades because of a winning tradition in those uniforms and logos. Including national championships. Mississippi State wore the Nike MSU for 8 years and went to 3 bowl games, won 45 and lost 47. The program was spiraling down the bowl in 2003 when skinny MSU left the building.

After Byrne officially branded Mississippi State football under MState, football won more, went to more bowls, reached new heights. On and on....
    You can't be serious. Logos don't play games, teams do. It doesn't matter what is on the helmet but what is in the helmet.

We won the only SECW title with the interlocking MSU and had maybe the best 4 year stretch with it. Again, nothing to with logo.

I didn't like the MState logo when we got it but had to learn to wear it. But I will say we made that style popular and a lot of other small schools started doing it after us. MSU needs to be IT like M over S in baseball.

vCash
    The conversation wasn't about what wins games. For the record, I agree... it's players. But we were talking about building traditions like Bama. Winning builds traditions. Things like uniforms and logos catch on. Yada yada.

Yeah back then, 97-00 seemed like a mountain top. It was fun times. But then 01-03 happened. However then Mullen came along and built our program beyond what happened in 97-00. But anyways, I could write a book about all the different eras of State football. The Mullen era is the peak so far.

But here is the truth of all this... Bama wins so much and therefore has a huge fan base. They can keep the same uniform every year and still sell millions in merchandise. States fan base is small relatively speaking and the athletic department has do these marketing tricks "vault collection" to sell enough merchandise to satisfy adidas.

The side effects of that marketing is you get people all riled up and State fans start wanting this and that. &ome want &tate, some want the baseball logo, some want the 96 logo. Some want the 86 logo. I learned early on in coaching. You can ask parents what time is convenient for them to practice. You can ask players for opinions. When you do, you get a million different answers and no organization and everyone on a different page.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    I never saw "MSJ" until some one mentioned it and I had to focus hard. I always saw and continue to see an extended M leading into an U. Interlocking MSU is one of our best designs in our history and has been neglected for far too many years. I've never told anyone I graduated from or support "MState". Its always "State" or Mississippi State. Son and I will be going shopping for some new interlocking MSU apparel after he gets out of orientation for his masters classes today at MSU. Know you are a hardcore Dawg, but we will have to disagree on this one and we are family! This can also be a generational opinion as you are a much younger Dawg than me. Hail State! (Not Hail MState!*****)
    oh I don't like the MState either cuz........ Just never cared for the other... but I think its a good way to throwback to the past just wouldn't want it to be our every Sat uni is all. And yes I'm way younger than you....lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post

What was the banner's record under Croom?

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I was going to order some stuff, but didn't see anything that justified the price points. I'll wait a bit like I did with the CWS stuff when all of the initial hype is over and have a better selection and hopefully not quite as expensive. I know things have gone up, but I'm not paying $40 plus shipping for a T-shirt. I'm too cheap for that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BorneDawg View Post
    oh I don't like the MState either cuz........ Just never cared for the other... but I think its a good way to throwback to the past just wouldn't want it to be our every Sat uni is all. And yes I'm way younger than you....lol
    Hope your daughter is doing well in pre-season WBB work at NEMCC! I also like the State scrip on on helmet. Almost anything is better than MState. Hope we never have a throwback of the Russell Athletic Croom uniforms! Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Son and I went to The Lodge after he completed his grad school orientation (very proud Dad), yesterday. Very good selection and prices. Bought a nice maroon pullover knit shirt for him, gray t-shirt and maroon cap for my bald head for that September 2nd 3:00 PM kickoff & a decal for a car. Total of $109 with his student discount. Also found a small hardback book about the JWS years at State for $5. Hail JWS! Hail State!