Thread: RIP Robbie Robertson

vCash

RIP Robbie Robertson

of the Band. What a great singer and songwriter. For those of you one who don't know him watch The Last Waltz.

https://youtu.be/ZfBqWNFOVo8

https://youtu.be/jREUrbGGrgM?list=PL...u_cHLHwFJauC1A

vCash
    Not gonna lie. I thought he was already dead. Is there even a member of The Band left alive?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Not gonna lie. I thought he was already dead. Is there even a member of The Band left alive?
    Well Levin died a few years ago and he sang most of the songs. The bassist is still alive. But there wyre alot more songs than Dixie and the weight. Great music from back in the day.

vCash
    Loved The Band! Robertson was an incredible songwriter and musician. Met Levon at the NAMM show years ago. A real southern gentleman. Levon is gone, Rick Danko the bass player died in the 90s(terrible drug addiction). Garth Hudson keyboard and sax guy is still alive. Richard Manuel the piano player been dead awhile. RIP Robbie!

vCash
    Those of our era continue to depart but their incredible music will always be with us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Those of our era continue to depart but their incredible music will always be with us.
    Amen to that!

vCash
    Absolutely, all my favorites are not from my generation but were passed down to me. I've done my best to check off the bucket list those still here.
    I used to say I was born at the wrong time but glad to be a part of passing it on. RIP

vCash
    And not a damn one of them used autotune.

vCash
    Go on YouTube and watch the 50th anniversary of "The Weight" (playing for change) with musicians from all around the world.

RR best song as a solo artist probably "Showdown at Big Sky"
    Last edited by MaroonFlounder; 08-10-2023 at 03:37 PM.

vCash
    And not a damn one of them used autotune.
    You just made Joe Walsh chuckle and smile.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Well Levin died a few years ago and he sang most of the songs. The bassist is still alive. But there wyre alot more songs than Dixie and the weight. Great music from back in the day.
    Acadian Driftwood is my favorite beyond those two. RIP Robbie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Acadian Driftwood is my favorite beyond those two. RIP Robbie.
    Always thought "My Masterpiece" was.

https://youtu.be/W--7kOZemCI

vCash
    You just made Joe Walsh chuckle and smile.
    Autotune came out in the 90's. A polished album production is different. Ted Nugent isn't the best vocalist but with a 32 channel equalizer he sounds like Robert Plant. But he can still carry a tune live. So can Joe. I've seen Joe live. He doesn't need autotune. Now Taylor Swift uses autotune in the studio on her albums. If you saw her live ten or twelve years ago it was very obvious she couldn't carry a tune at all. Her tone is flat and she sings off key to everything.

vCash
    Autotune came out in the 90's. A polished album production is different. Ted Nugent isn't the best vocalist but with a 32 channel equalizer he sounds like Robert Plant. But he can still carry a tune live. So can Joe. I've seen Joe live. He doesn't need autotune. Now Taylor Swift uses autotune in the studio on her albums. If you saw her live ten or twelve years ago it was very obvious she couldn't carry a tune at all. Her tone is flat and she sings off key to everything.
    Loved Joe Walsh. The Smoker you Drink the Player you get is great.