Look, buying lottery tickets are 100% a waste of money. Everyone would be better served if you took that money and invested it in your brokerage account instead of spending $3 on a ticket......
But with that being said, I bought a ticket. The payout is around $1.55 Billion. If you won, what would you do.

1. I would hire a professional to handle securing the money from the lottery, keeping my name out of it. I would do my best to not let anyone know that I won.
2. Second, I would take 5 million dollars and set it aside for fun money to be used the first year.
3. I would establish a foundation that would handle charitable requests, with an endowment of around 50 million.
4. I would go to each member of my family and set them up with a portfolio that paid them out money yearly after taking care of their financial issues.
5. I would then invest the rest of my money in the market with a diversified portfolio of stocks and bonds and just live off of 4%.

As far as the 5 million dollars fun money, well I would just blow it.

NIL? Well considering the ticket office will not allow me to buy floor tickets for basketball or a skybox for football right now, even though I have the money to do it .... I am not sure they deserve to get a cut.