Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CZA post-practice

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    He was needed for depth. No question in my mind our running game would be stronger with him.
    He was replaced exceptionally easily and there will be zero noticeable difference in our talent at tailback. Lee is a very solid tailback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    He was replaced exceptionally easily and there will be zero noticeable difference in our talent at tailback. Lee is a very solid tailback.
    It's only a couple days in, but it looks like Lee and Pittman are 2 and 3 behind Marks. Price, who I expected to have a good year, is currently 4th. Again, it's only been 1 day in pads.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    The only team we haven't been able to line up and run it recently is Alabama. The remaining teams mentioned have been torched and felt the ground and pound throughly by us.
    Not with this OL. We're not running over lsu and Aggie. Prob not KY or auburn either. Wait and see on OM, Ark, and USCe

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    It's only a couple days in, but it looks like Lee and Pittman are 2 and 3 behind Marks. Price, who I expected to have a good year, is currently 4th. Again, it's only been 1 day in pads.
    Crazy considering Price had the game winning play against Illinois.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Not with this OL. We're not running over lsu and Aggie. Prob not KY or auburn either. Wait and see on OM, Ark, and USCe
    And again I say bullshit.

Will we have the best ground game in the league? No, it will be serviceable w/ some flashes of above average play. But, this fixation that we'll look like the Keystone Cops on the OL is just unfounded.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post

Will we have the best ground game in the league? No, it will be serviceable w/ some flashes of above average play. But, this fixation that we'll look like the Keystone Cops on the OL is just unfounded.
    Agreed. Don't see this line falling on its face. Should be a good group up front and will have CZA on their tails reminding them every game. Don't know if CZA will fold the chairs if they don't perform.

vCash

I didn't say keystone cops. I said we won't be able to run over good defenses with this OL. Serviceable won't be near good enough.

vCash
    I didn't say keystone cops. I said we won't be able to run over good defenses with this OL. Serviceable won't be near good enough.
    You listed just about every damn SEC team we are playing. If you think we can't run the ball on any SEC defense we face this season then - YES, YOU ARE - saying we will be the Keystone Cops on the OL. Hell, might as well say we can't run on Arizona either.

My definition of serviceable is "average" or slightly above.

We will be fine.

vCash
    You listed just about every damn SEC team we are playing. If you think we can't run the ball on any SEC defense we face this season then - YES, YOU ARE - saying we will be the Keystone Cops on the OL. Hell, might as well say we can't run on Arizona either.

My definition of serviceable is "average" or slightly above.

We will be fine.
    I said 5 of the 8. I excluded OM, ark, and usce and said time will tell. I said we won't run over Bama, lsu, or Aggie. We won't. And prob not ky or auburn.

An average OL won't run over Bama, lsu, or Aggie and probably not auburn or KY. That's all I said. I think everyone could agree on that.

vCash
    I actually think the OL will be pretty good. Alot of the guys that will start werent even Leach recruits. They were recruited to be physical. We have an old, veteran OL by college standards. They should be above average and are coached by a pretty good coach as well.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I actually think the OL will be pretty good. Alot of the guys that will start werent even Leach recruits. They were recruited to be physical. We have an old, veteran OL by college standards. They should be above average and are coached by a pretty good coach as well.
    Exactly.

I do not understand why people aren't seeing this.

vCash
    I said 5 of the 8. I excluded OM, ark, and usce and said time will tell. I said we won't run over Bama, lsu, or Aggie. We won't. And prob not ky or auburn.

An average OL won't run over Bama, lsu, or Aggie and probably not auburn or KY. That's all I said. I think everyone could agree on that.
    Man, if the OL is as bad as you think it's gonna be we ain't winning more than 6 games and we'll be lucky to win 6. I just don't see that. You're under selling this OL big time.

vCash
    Man, if the OL is as bad as you think it's gonna be we ain't winning more than 6 games and we'll be lucky to win 6. I just don't see that. You're under selling this OL big time.
    Hey Trap, I think we are all underselling this OLine, in fact I think they will be the surprise group this year barring injuries and throw in some strong TE blocking will give us a 200 yd average run team.
    Last edited by TaleofTwoDogs; 08-08-2023 at 09:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaleofTwoDogs View Post
    Hey Trap, I think we are all underselling this OLine, in fact I think they will be the surprise group this year barring injuries and threw in some strong TE blocking will give us a 200 yd average run team.
    Agreed. And as I type this I'm watching some post practice interviews and a couple of players are talking about how Barbay has kept some of the familiar Air Raid concepts but he has put in a solid ground game to go with it. Barbay may be doing a little Frankenstein mash-up with some Air Raid and his offense. That would be absolute genius if he pulls it off.

Banned
    vCash
    Agreed. And as I type this I'm watching some post practice interviews and a couple of players are talking about how Barbay has kept some of the familiar Air Raid concepts but he has put in a solid ground game to go with it. Barbay may be doing a little Frankenstein mash-up with some Air Raid and his offense. That would be absolute genius if he pulls it off.
    Leach was an exception to the rule of great coaches design their system to the players, not the players to the system. Barbay designing an offense tailored to our strengths is exactly what you want.

Im full wool and ready to say we're gonna win the SECW and go 12-0. Lots to be excited about. Our OL is as experienced as it has been ever. Even moreso than 2014. We've got the ingredients. Only ? I have is defensive secondary. If we don't absolutely shit the bed like a grantham defense when it comes to backend secondary, then we can be very, very good.

vCash
    Lol. The games we actually tried to run the ball last year we had no problem. Those were our best offensive games. Imagine this season with a very innovative and balanced offense. Did we lose our entire offensive line to the NFL?

vCash
    Nah. I'm saying 8-4.
    We have four that should be automatic.
    We lose to Bama.
    4-1.
    The other 7 could go either way but I think we probably get 3 or 4 of them, especially if we win on the OL vs ark, OM, and usce like I believe we can.

vCash
    When have we EVER not been able to run the ball? Even with Croom we ran the ball. This team ran the ball successfully last year whenever Will would check into it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    When have we EVER not been able to run the ball? Even with Croom we ran the ball. This team ran the ball successfully last year whenever Will would check into it.
    I think we should be able to run against OM, ark, and usce.
    I don't think we will be able to line up and run over Bama, lsu, or Aggie.
    I think we will be able to run it some but struggle against ky and auburn.

vCash
    I think we should be able to run against OM, ark, and usce.
    I don't think we will be able to line up and run over Bama, lsu, or Aggie.
    I think we will be able to run it some but struggle against ky and auburn.
    We ran for 6 yards per carry against TAM last year in the worse running offensive scheme and philosophy you could have. I think we can squeeze a few yards against them this year.