Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CZA post-practice

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Saban would have gone on some rant about NIL or teams leaving conferences and scare reporters.
    For every one of those interviews that Saban gives, he gives 20 like what Zach did there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    What's the word out of practice? Is offense holding their own vs defense?
    The offense is torching the defense
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Well, that's interesting.

vCash
    This is encouraging. I think our D will be avg to above avg

vCash
    Clearly not used to defending the wishbone***

vCash
    Some folks are going to be pleasantly surprised with our receivers. Robinson appears to have figured some stuff out. "Noodle arm" has been looking pretty good. Running backs have a nice little competitive group and we aren't going to miss DJ. I think we will surprise all these expert pundits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Well, that's interesting.
    lol- I was joking. They are in shorts and helmets. Nobody is ahead of anybody yet

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    Some folks are going to be pleasantly surprised with our receivers. Robinson appears to have figured some stuff out. "Noodle arm" has been looking pretty good. Running backs have a nice little competitive group and we aren't going to miss DJ. I think we will surprise all these expert pundits.
    We will be pretty good offensively when all is said and done

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    You know DJ be missing us right now though....we are in good shape at RB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    We were tough with Leach, too. I think Arnett can potentially take us to the next level, though.
    Yeah, I thought we were tough under Leach as well. We were SOOOFT under Moorhead though, save for guys like Simmons. I still think back on the 2018 Kentucky game and how we had all those penalties and totally lost our cool. Of all teams, you are going to let freaking Kentucky get under your skin? This was when we had won like 8 of the last 9 against them, too.

vCash
    lol- I was joking. They are in shorts and helmets. Nobody is ahead of anybody yet
    Yep, he's back to normal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    Yeah, I thought we were tough under Leach as well. We were SOOOFT under Moorhead though, save for guys like Simmons. I still think back on the 2018 Kentucky game and how we had all those penalties and totally lost our cool. Of all teams, you are going to let freaking Kentucky get under your skin? This was when we had won like 8 of the last 9 against them, too.
    The individual players were tough under Leach. The offensive scheme didn't lend itself to just running people over. I think the new scheme will help with that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Yeah he went to a team that passed it 6th most in the country this year. Would have been better for him to have stayed if he actually wants to run it more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    The individual players were tough under Leach. The offensive scheme didn't lend itself to just running people over. I think the new scheme will help with that.
    The personnel won't. We're not going to line up and run over Bama, lsu, ky, auburn, Aggie.
    But the scheme could help us run the ball decently. See lane.
    Last edited by confucius say; 08-07-2023 at 01:11 PM.

vCash
    Saban is just beginning his journey to becoming Polk 2.0. The more he loses to Georgia, the more he's going to get on the soapbox of NIL/Portal issues.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    DJ leaving this team was exceptionally overblown as far as the importance of it goes. Running backs are a dime a dozen. He won’t be drafted. He’s just a decent tailback

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    The personnel won't. We're not going to line up and run over Bama, lsu, ky, auburn, Aggie.
    But the scheme could help us run the ball decently. See lane.
    The only team we haven't been able to line up and run it recently is Alabama. The remaining teams mentioned have been torched and felt the ground and pound throughly by us.

vCash
    Agree with U msudog, and don?t forget lsu and tnn that they lost to last year. I just hope Bama keeps on loosing to these teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    DJ leaving this team was exceptionally overblown as far as the importance of it goes. Running backs are a dime a dozen. He won’t be drafted. He’s just a decent tailback
    He was needed for depth. No question in my mind our running game would be stronger with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawglb View Post
    Saban is just beginning his journey to becoming Polk 2.0. The more he loses to Georgia, the more he's going to get on the soapbox of NIL/Portal issues.
    His biggest issue is he loses so much of his staff every year. It would be like us literally having the same head coach and then changing the rest of the staff completely over every two years. It's hard to have consistency and continuity when that happens. And there are only so many Kirby Smart's and Sarkisian's he can hire as coordinators.