Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CZA post-practice

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    And again I say bullshit.

Will we have the best ground game in the league? No, it will be serviceable w/ some flashes of above average play. But, this fixation that we'll look like the Keystone Cops on the OL is just unfounded.
    Ridiculous, right? We ran for 146 on mighty A&M last year with 2 running plays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    Ridiculous, right? We ran for 146 on mighty A&M last year with 2 running plays.
    On most of the defenses we will face it will only take the OL doing their jobs with a TE hitting his block to spring Woody for a 20 yard gash. And most defenses won't be able to arm tackle Woody.

vCash
    On most of the defenses we will face it will only take the OL doing their jobs with a TE hitting his block to spring Woody for a 20 yard gash. And most defenses won't be able to arm tackle Woody.
    I think people have become so blinded by how inept we were at running the ball the first 2 years of Leach.

If we "only" average 150 yards per game, that is 1800 yards rushing which is STILL below average for an SEC team. However, IF we can complement that with a 3000-3500 yard passing season from WR, then that is top 40 production. MSU fans have become so negative that they don't believe we can ever field a team that is capable of both running and passing. People act like it has to be one or the other. Meanwhile, over 40 teams last year put up 3000 pass/2000 rush yard seasons.

Arkansas and Mississippi both had 3000/3000 seasons playing the same mighty opponents that some say can't be run on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    We ran for 6 yards per carry against TAM last year in the worse running offensive scheme and philosophy you could have. I think we can squeeze a few yards against them this year.
    We will see. They were last on the league in run defense last year. Running on them was like running on ark. Easy.
    They are stacked with supposed nfl guys up front now who are older and we will be on the road. FPI likes their run defense. Of course jimbo can score anything up, so we will see.
    Last edited by confucius say; 08-09-2023 at 10:00 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    I think people have become so blinded by how inept we were at running the ball the first 2 years of Leach.

If we "only" average 150 yards per game, that is 1800 yards rushing which is STILL below average for an SEC team. However, IF we can complement that with a 3000-3500 yard passing season from WR, then that is top 40 production. MSU fans have become so negative that they don't believe we can ever field a team that is capable of both running and passing. People act like it has to be one or the other. Meanwhile, over 40 teams last year put up 3000 pass/2000 rush yard seasons.

Arkansas and Mississippi both had 3000/3000 seasons playing the same mighty opponents that some say can't be run on.
    Ark and OM both had running qb. Dart and Jefferson both were run threats and ran for over 600 yards.
    Unless we go alot of wildcat or wright, we don't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Ark and OM both had running qb. Dart and Jefferson both were run threats and ran for over 600 yards.
    Unless we go alot of wildcat or wright, we don't.
    Oh, so now it's not the OL it's that we don't have a running QB?

vCash
    Oh, so now it's not the OL it's that we don't have a running QB?
    Having a running qb makes the OL job much easier, yes. Especially guys who can run and throw. If we had dart or Jefferson or Daniels etc... I would feel much better about our run game. Is that even a debatable point?
    Last edited by confucius say; 08-09-2023 at 10:09 AM.

vCash
    Having a running qb makes the OL job much easier, yes. Especially guys who can run and throw. If we had dart or Jefferson or Daniels etc... I would feel much better about our run game. Is that even a debatable point?
    No, you're just making it seem like our OL can't work without a running QB. And some of those running threats you mentioned, our defense shut down.

vCash
    App State had 3000 pass/2400 rush and got 116 rushing from their QB. If we get a couple hundred yards on the season from Tulu and other receivers running end arounds, then that is bonus yards that help the run game. Maybe Wright can contribute 100 or 2. Just because WR doesn't run doesn't mean our offense is going to suck against anybody with a pulse.

We don't have to run Don Mullins offense to move the ball.

vCash
    And if we had dart or Jefferson or Daniels etc... I would feel a little worse about our passing game.

vCash
    I hear there's a video going round with Will under center, hitting a TE out of play action for a TD.

vCash
    I hear there's a video going round with Will under center, hitting a TE out of play action for a TD.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Exactly.

I do not understand why people aren't seeing this.
    Because most people don't understand the trenches my man

vCash
    KB has left the chat...

vCash
    It was actually 3 TE's. Pass to Harmon off the right side, while Goede and Spivey are in pass pro in a bunch tight to the left.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Play action is going to make our offense so much better. So glad I dont have to watch that garbage we were running anymore
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I agree completely. No more drop into coverage immediately when the ball is snapped.