Thread: OT: Nostalgia overload

vCash

OT: Nostalgia overload

I'm 49 years old or as my daughter likes to remind me I'm almost half a hundred. But for a couple of seconds a moment ago I was 13 again. Walked by my son's room (who is 13 now) and he has Living on a Prayer blasting in his bedroom. For a moment that was me in my room. Denim Jacket draped over the hair where I had my Atari 2600 set up. Trapper Keeper all set for the school year. Swatch on my arm keeping impeccable time. The good old days.

vCash
    Man, you ain't kidding. I wish I could go back for just one day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    I'm 49 years old or as my daughter likes to remind me I'm almost half a hundred. But for a couple of seconds a moment ago I was 13 again. Walked by my son's room (who is 13 now) and he has Living on a Prayer blasting in his bedroom. For a moment that was me in my room. Denim Jacket draped over the hair where I had my Atari 2600 set up. Trapper Keeper all set for the school year. Swatch on my arm keeping impeccable time. The good old days.
    I hear you, although by then I'd moved on to the Atari 7800. Wish I could go back and experience some of those late 80's movies again for the first time.

vCash
    Didn't Bon Jovi play at the Hump in the late 80s? I'm almost certain. Anyways mom wouldn't let me go. But I had Slippery When Wet cranked for many days as I cruised the school.

Edit to add: yes. Spring 1987.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 07-30-2023 at 08:43 PM.

vCash
    There's a great radio station up here in middle Tennessee. Jack FM. Plays old hits from 80's and 90's. I'm 55 and I feel like a kid when I head out by myself with the radio blaring.