Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some of you were skeptical of Rev Freezus recruiting now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    The other win was 100% on Lane Kiffin. Bama was gashing ole miss D for 5-7 yards per rush but Kiffin could not help himself. He insisted on throwing the ball.
    100% the INT by OM that ended that game was a very poorly thrown ball by Blake Sims (?), on that drive the OM defense had given up and Bama was destroying them on the ground. It would have been an easy walk-in for a TD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    So did Chizik
    So did Croom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Very nearly beat Bama 3 years in a row. Once can be a fluke, twice not as likely, but dang near 3 times in a row? Anyone saying Freeze is an average coach is just biased.
    Or we use our heads and look at the big picture.

Hugh freeze had an advantage over all the teams he was coaching against and still didn't win big. He was throwing money and buying prostitutes for recruits and still couldn't win the West. Look at the big picture. Mullen did as well or better than Freeze with classes ranked in the 30's.

He'll be 7-5 to 9-3 at Auburn because the boosters will spend the money. He'll beat Saban a time or two because saban is getting old and it's easy to see he's lost some fire. It's Kirby's time to rule now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    100% the INT by OM that ended that game was a very poorly thrown ball by Blake Sims (?), on that drive the OM defense had given up and Bama was destroying them on the ground. It would have been an easy walk-in for a TD.
    Bama could have ran the ball every snap in the 2nd half and that game would have been a blowout win for Bama. These smart multi millionaire coaches surprise me all the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Very nearly beat Bama 3 years in a row. Once can be a fluke, twice not as likely, but dang near 3 times in a row? Anyone saying Freeze is an average coach is wearing Maroon Colored Glasses and just biased.
    Fixed it for you.

vCash
    Hookers and blow are effective recruiting tools

vCash
    Offensively he is way above average. His ole miss teams were a handful on offense. At Liberty he changed his offensive philosophy a bit (probably catering to his roster skill set), showing he could evolve, and had a qb at a no name school go in the first round of the draft. Guy can absolutely motivate, recruit, and coach offense. I know I will get flamed for this, but I put him on the same level as Kiffin on the offensive side.

He needs a great defensive coordinator that he leaves alone.

He has character issues that could catch up with him and they probably will eventually. He is great at getting talent to listen, but loses leverage because he probably promises them the world and then as others have said ?the inmates then run the asylum?.

It?s going to be difficult for them to win big this year because the roster is depleated and no clear qb talent. This will change in a cpl years as he recruits and they will likly be a handful for a couple years but it will self implode somehow. This is my guess.

vCash
    You're smarter at football than me, so you have to know that 1 of those Bama wins was the flukiest game of all time. The other win was 100% on Lane Kiffin. Bama was gashing ole miss D for 5-7 yards per rush but Kiffin could not help himself. He insisted on throwing the ball. I was yelling at the TV for Saban to fire him mid game. They kept ole miss in the game by not running it down their throats.
    Freeze had the most talented team that money could buy and he still couldn't win the West.
    I just don't think he's a good coach. I could have the most talented team and win 10 games.
    And the other game was about 5 turnovers on your own 20 yard line. And yes Kiffe lost the 1st one. Bama running down their throat and on the ten yardline about to go up 21 and Kiffen gets the biggest case of dumbshititis ever and starts to pass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    And the other game was about 5 turnovers on your own 20 yard line. And yes Kiffe lost the 1st one. Bama running down their throat and on the ten yardline about to go up 21 and Kiffen gets the biggest case of dumbshititis ever and starts to pass.
    You guys can make excuses- but the fact remains it happened. And we all know its going to happen again. He's a good offensive coach.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Some of you need to take your maroon-colored glasses off. Freeze is a problem for defenses. He has a rare ability to expose defensive weaknesses and then make needed adjustments to take advantage of those weaknesses, even with average talent and especially in-game. He is a better offensive coach than we have probably ever had. He adjusts to his players talent and adjusts to the defenses he faces. And I don't like guy personally.

Also. I've tried telling all of you this before. As much bad rap as Hugh gets, he was the scapegoat. If he was literally the one making the calls to hookers, he would never be a HC again. The NCAA had him but didn't nail him - why? Why did Jimbo go get Bjork when he wanted to utilize the $$$ A&M has? One of these days this will all unravel and it will most likely hit the Aggies the most..."you ride with outlaws, you die with outlaws"...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    You guys can make excuses- but the fact remains it happened. And we all know it's going to happen again. He's a good offensive coach.
    This board is gonna melt the first time he hangs 40 on us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Some of you need to take your maroon-colored glasses off. Freeze is a problem for defenses. He has a rare ability to expose defensive weaknesses and then make needed adjustments to take advantage of those weaknesses, even with average talent and especially in-game. He is a better offensive coach than we have probably ever had. He adjusts to his players talent and adjusts to the defenses he faces. And I don't like guy personally.

Also. I've tried telling all of you this before. As much bad rap as Hugh gets, he was the scapegoat. If he was literally the one making the calls to hookers, he would never be a HC again. The NCAA had him but didn't nail him - why? Why did Jimbo go get Bjork when he wanted to utilize the $$$ A&M has? One of these days this will all unravel and it will most likely hit the Aggies the most..."you ride with outlaws, you die with outlaws"...
    Yep. Lots of maroon glasses on this thread. The other thing that Freeze did and to a bit lesser extent Matt Luke, was they motivated the shit out of their players at OM using bulletin board material and whatever else. Just about every Egg Bowl they were ready to chew nails and they punched us in the mouth especially those games where hunchback Dan had already checked out.

For that reason alone I’m glad they are both gone from the Plantation. Lane is more like Dan in that he gives off that I don’t give a crap attitude.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    This board is gonna melt the first time he hangs 40 on us
    Many auburn coaches have and will hang 40 on us.

vCash
    Who is better, lane or freeze?

vCash
    Many auburn coaches have and will hang 40 on us.
    Exactly. The idea that Hugh is going to do something Malzahn didn't do, either to us or overall, is weird. He will have some big wins and some what the heck losses, just like he had at liberty and OM.

vCash
    Freeze offense will move the ball and score TDS.

Not sure how the defense will do. Talent alone should save him there.

Does he still use the Christian angle in his recruiting pitch?

vCash
    Oh gosh Freeze...and I don't think it's even close

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Freeze offense will move the ball and score TDS.

Not sure how the defense will do. Talent alone should save him there.

Does he still use the Christian angle in his recruiting pitch?
    yes, he's drooling it everywhere/ woe is me

vCash
    I would say Freeze. Lane running the Bama offense is the only reason Freeze beat Alabama. If you want to argue that point, then all you have to do is go back and rewatch the games. Bama could have ran the ball every play and eaten the clock and absolutely destroyed ole miss. But Lane couldn't let that happen. He got pass happy and and kept ole miss alive in high game. It was so frustrating to watch because a 10 year old could see what was happening. It was so obvious.

vCash
    I would have said freeze 6 years ago.
    Now I say lane.

Freeze had a D1 bounce back first rounder playing qb who was the most talented player every time they took the field and still had several inexplicable losses. Most offenses have caught up to freeze imo. He is still good though.